FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add ability to filter users posts out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Add ability to filter users posts out Reply with quote

Certain members of this forum are obvious and deliberate disruptors and/or shills and I'd just as soon not waste bandwidth on their blatent attempts to derail & sidetrack the movement.

The mods don't seem to want to tackle the issue so let us do it ourselves, please.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What your describing is an "Ignore" function Thermate, which I use myself on other sites and finds works well, so I'd support your suggestion if it could be implemented here: of course, there's other ways to ignore posters as well, and a wise person might consider the "oxygen" that attention gives to a POV whether one agrees or disagrees with it

With regard to "tackling the issue", well I'm always open to feedback, equally one may find that theres not much, save calling for tolerance and providing balance, that any Moderator can do if a site is not going to slide into control freakery: the "power" to "tackle issues" (if "issues" = "people") is more properly the preserve of Admin

Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agree if the mods are too tough on things it can spoil a forum completely. And yes, its an Ignore function I'm after Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: