FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a clever ploy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Just a clever ploy? Reply with quote

Some years ago the television programme ‘Big Brother’ started and I remember reading at the time that there were dozens of cameras all over the ‘house’ and the ‘contestants would never be able to act normally because they would feel self-conscious.

We then had, ‘I’m A Celebrity’, again with lots of cameras – but now no-one every mentions the cameras, it is just ‘who is taking part?’ – the cameras are simply forgotten.

Given how we are moving towards a society where there are to be cameras everywhere – have the television programmes above been deliberately introduced to de-sensitize us in preparation for the increased surveillance, a kind of clever ploy by those pulling the strings?
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

The programmes mentioned have been deliberately introduced to make money, which they have done very successfully.

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff that comes out of the box just gets more disturbing by the day. My days of shouting at the TV have passed and now I just accept the box for what it has become i.e. a new method of mind-control.
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because reality TV is dirt cheap to make. There are no writers fees, no actors fees, no special effects budget....the lowest rating reality TV Show will make money
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a TeeVee - but I do have access to stuff which looks interesting, so I don't dismiss its content completely it out of hand.

Getting the TeeVee out of the home has to be one of the most revolutionary acts an individual can perform, along with getting out of debt, freeing oneself from drugs (legal and otherwise), personal downsizing (reducing ones dependence on income) and thereby reducing or eliminating the requirement to pay tax.

If the latter seems socially irresponsible, it might be an idea to look into the 'fractional reserve' system and see how income tax does not, in effect, pay for public services, and that inflation is a covert tax.

As for the initial question, I have no doubt that 'Big Brother' et al, do assimilate people to the notion that they are being watched - just observe how ambivalent they are to it. The CCTV camera is our friend. I broke down on the M60 last week and when I used the emergency phone to get help, the woman on thhe other end said that she could see me! Was I reassured? For a fraction of a second, I confess that I was.

I was recently asked to help promote a new CCTV system by filming the launch. Despite the potential substantial financial gain (see above) and the devious notion that I might be able to use the footage in a plot against the system, I declined. Believe it or not, they plan to offer online access to the live camera footage to subscribers. Apparently, this already happens elswhere in the country - I think I was told Merseyside but I am not certain.

Television is a dumbing down mechanism. Like alcohol, it makes people easier to control - the police would much sooner tackle 3000 pìssheads spilling out of The Syndicate than 3000 free-thinking, sober revolutionaries - or 300 for that matter.

And combining the two topics of the last paragraph, how gratifying to see that BBC Three is airing the Binge Drinking Awards next week! Oh to be a champion!
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:
I don't have a TeeVee - but I do have access to stuff which looks interesting, so I don't dismiss its content completely it out of hand.

Getting the TeeVee out of the home has to be one of the most revolutionary acts an individual can perform

Live Aid happened because of TV pictures. It isn't evil.

Quote:
along with getting out of debt

Agreed

Quote:
freeing oneself from drugs (legal and otherwise)

I could quite possibly be dead without prescription medication, so I must disagree.

Quote:
personal downsizing (reducing ones dependence on income) and thereby reducing or eliminating the requirement to pay tax.

But you'll still happily use all the services that your tax provides.

Quote:
If the latter seems socially irresponsible, it might be an idea to look into the 'fractional reserve' system

Which does not apply in any meaningful way to central banks

Quote:
and see how income tax does not, in effect, pay for public services,

Yes it does

Quote:
and that inflation is a covert tax.

Inflation isn't something you control directly.

Quote:
As for the initial question, I have no doubt that 'Big Brother' et al, do assimilate people to the notion that they are being watched - just observe how ambivalent they are to it.

They can't see the cameras, so they forget they are there. This isn't some kind of government policy, this is human nature. You could stand a policeman on every street corner and eventually people would take them for granted and fail to notice them.

Quote:
The CCTV camera is our friend. I broke down on the M60 last week and when I used the emergency phone to get help, the woman on thhe other end said that she could see me! Was I reassured? For a fraction of a second, I confess that I was.

Can you cite any examples of CCTV being used for harm?

Quote:
I was recently asked to help promote a new CCTV system by filming the launch. Despite the potential substantial financial gain (see above) and the devious notion that I might be able to use the footage in a plot against the system, I declined. Believe it or not, they plan to offer online access to the live camera footage to subscribers. Apparently, this already happens elswhere in the country - I think I was told Merseyside but I am not certain.

Yes, but who are the subscribers? The company I work for controls traffic signals. We have access to CCTV footage. It is entirely possible that we subscribe to some feeds rather than putting up a second set of cameras right next to the existing ones.

Quote:
Television is a dumbing down mechanism. Like alcohol, it makes people easier to control - the police would much sooner tackle 3000 pìssheads spilling out of The Syndicate than 3000 free-thinking, sober revolutionaries - or 300 for that matter.

I learned almost everything I know about formula one and racing from TV. I now have a degree in automotive engineering. TV doesn't make you dumb. Ignorance makes you dumb.

Quote:
And combining the two topics of the last paragraph, how gratifying to see that BBC Three is airing the Binge Drinking Awards next week! Oh to be a champion!

It's good to see that irony isn't lost on you.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Just a clever ploy? Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
Some years ago the television programme ‘Big Brother’ started and I remember reading at the time that there were dozens of cameras all over the ‘house’ and the ‘contestants would never be able to act normally because they would feel self-conscious.

We then had, ‘I’m A Celebrity’, again with lots of cameras – but now no-one every mentions the cameras, it is just ‘who is taking part?’ – the cameras are simply forgotten.

Given how we are moving towards a society where there are to be cameras everywhere – have the television programmes above been deliberately introduced to de-sensitize us in preparation for the increased surveillance, a kind of clever ploy by those pulling the strings?
im not sure if these programmes were introduced for that reason, however i would say they have had an effect on people to accept the big brother state and think nothing of it. maybe it was the other way around. the powers that be noticed an oppertunity to step up its big brother agenda, knowing it would be widely more acceptable given the numerous and popular t.v reality shows that have hit our screens in recent times.
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot where I was for a minute, there. Yes, everything has to be spelled out precisely here, eh!

flamesong wrote:

Getting the TeeVee out of the home has to be one of the most revolutionary acts an individual can perform

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Live Aid happened because of TV pictures. It isn't evil.
And? Centuries of third world exploitation is paused momentarily to massage the egos of various wealthy artists and give the general public a good feeling about doing very little and then go back to doing nothing at all!

I wrote:
along with getting out of debt

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Agreed
Jolly good!

I wrote:
freeing oneself from drugs (legal and otherwise)
Did I actually have to distinguish between narcotics and medicine?

Johnny Pixels wrote:
I could quite possibly be dead without prescription medication, so I must disagree.
Tempting...

I wrote:
personal downsizing (reducing ones dependence on income) and thereby reducing or eliminating the requirement to pay tax.
Yes, I should have specified Income Tax

Johnny Pixels wrote:
But you'll still happily use all the services that your tax provides.
Now you have to name all the services which are financed solely by Income Tax which I use.

I wrote:
If the latter seems socially irresponsible, it might be an idea to look into the 'fractional reserve' system

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Which does not apply in any meaningful way to central banks
Ahem... that is exactly how it works. The US Federal Reserve was modeled on the Bank of England.

I wrote:
and see how income tax does not, in effect, pay for public services,
See, I did say Income Tax!

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Yes it does

I wrote:
and that inflation is a covert tax.

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Inflation isn't something you control directly.
Perhaps not directly controlled - but neither does a purchase order directly control manufacturing output. So anyway, tell me where does all the value that money loses through inflation go?

I wrote:
As for the initial question, I have no doubt that 'Big Brother' et al, do assimilate people to the notion that they are being watched - just observe how ambivalent they are to it.

Johnny Pixels wrote:
They can't see the cameras, so they forget they are there. This isn't some kind of government policy, this is human nature. You could stand a policeman on every street corner and eventually people would take them for granted and fail to notice them.
I wasn't in fact referring to the contestants! I was referring to the zombie nation who are lapping it up!

I wrote:
The CCTV camera is our friend. I broke down on the M60 last week and when I used the emergency phone to get help, the woman on thhe other end said that she could see me! Was I reassured? For a fraction of a second, I confess that I was.

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Can you cite any examples of CCTV being used for harm?
I think that invading privacy is extremely harmful.

I wrote:

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Yes, but who are the subscribers? The company I work for controls traffic signals. We have access to CCTV footage. It is entirely possible that we subscribe to some feeds rather than putting up a second set of cameras right next to the existing ones.
Actually, I should have been specific here too. Anybody will be able to subscribe for an estimated £10 per month and be able to remotely control the cameras from home. The guy at the council who was trying to recruit me said he thought it would germinate an online neighbourhood watch culture. I hope you have read 1984 so that I don't have to explain the significance here.

I wrote:

Johnny Pixels wrote:
I learned almost everything I know about formula one and racing from TV. I now have a degree in automotive engineering. TV doesn't make you dumb. Ignorance makes you dumb.
I'll attempt to meet you half way on this. I used to stay up all night watching all sorts of interesting stuff on Open University. But the programmes on TeeVee with the highest ratings are not educational and I am not convinced that they contribute much to better society.

I wrote:

Johnny Pixels wrote:
It's good to see that irony isn't lost on you.
Quite.

And you will have to excuse me at this point as I will be indisposed for about a week. Hopefully, that will give you time to answer my inflation question. I'm looking forward to your answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: