FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the point of the critics corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: What's the point of the critics corner Reply with quote

What's the point if you can't criticise anything here?
scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can criticize Johnny and thats all you have done so far.
You were wrong in that thread and then refused to admit it.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I wasn't wrong, that's the whole point. Everyone was claiming that I was referring to something about the Pentagon and I was talking about the Shanksville crash. Shanksville does not mean the Pentagon. The Pentagon isn't in Shanksville.

The seismic data was incorrect. The official report data came from a number of sources, and was correct.

There is no discrepancy between times, because one set of data is incorrect, so they don't contradict each other.
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
But I wasn't wrong, that's the whole point. Everyone was claiming that I was referring to something about the Pentagon and I was talking about the Shanksville crash. Shanksville does not mean the Pentagon. The Pentagon isn't in Shanksville.

The seismic data was incorrect. The official report data came from a number of sources, and was correct.

There is no discrepancy between times, because one set of data is incorrect, so they don't contradict each other.

Admit it Johnny Pixels
You are here for all the wrong reasons
Most here would swear their heart and soul,everything they own, their own children to the falsity of this image
Lest you would do the same for your side, get lost

DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: What's the point of the critics corner Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
What's the point if you can't criticise anything here?

As far as i can tell, you haven't been prevented from criticising anything here.
You can say what you want, and so can we.

scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you debunk the seismic data referred to in the OP?.
No.
Shanksville and/or Pentagon data isnt relevant in this instance.
And you know that.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP,

I am going to ask you politely one more time to debate points of evidence, not that nature of our forum or nature or point of critics corner.

Your posts are just antagonisitic and the last few have brought nothing of value to the discussion. Starting more threads like this one also is a bit pointless n'est ce pas?

I will check this thread tomorrow and either this thread and your account will be locked, or just the thread.

I know you'll be programmed to be more antagonistic over this but there it is.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Following some thought and reflection I have now unlocked the locked threads. I have the following ideas for all posters to consider:

1)      If people want to waste their time posting pointless replies to someone who isn’t interested in the truth – merely in stating that “he/she/it is the only person who knows what it is” and that we are the opposite of what we know we are – they are free to do just that.
2)      Johnny Pixels is either a software entity or person who is paid to do what he does.
3)      His strategy of wasting our time has been quite successful.
4)      It is possible the JP is working in tandem with someone else who is apparently “on our side”. This is simple technique will fuel the time wasting process and be much more effective at sucking genuine people into the fake debate.

So, can we learn any lessons from this? Yes! As one of my good friends put it “DON’T FEED THE TROLLS!”
I will try to keep moving posts of people of Johnny’s ilk to the critics corner, but this could take time as whomever is doing it may intensify their efforts to derail our campaign, so I’m not going to attempt to fight it that much – there is too much else to be done.

To JP, and their type, what you have done has certainly not been a complete waste of my own time. In my effort to determine whether you are a machine or not, I decided to contact someone I haven’t spoken to for over 14 years and I used the e-mail below to advise him of the current “state of play” with our campaign. He is a professor now. So hopefully he will learn the truth too.

Whoever or whatever you are, it is your efforts that will ultimately fail – because of those genuine people who post against you – collectively we stand against you and your agenda.
I will do my best not to be drawn in to any debates on “critics corner” for all the reasons outlined above. I will post this message to threads where JP has posted.

Thank you.

Dear Dave,

I wonder if you remember me. The last time I spoke to you was probably over 14 years ago when we both worked above the Canteen at Technology Drive, Beeston, for the (now dismembered) GPT. I used to work with Nick Thompson and Dave Mason for Dave Wright's (redundant) squad - at the same time you worked for Douggie Laws.

Sorry to "interrupt" your busy schedule. Don't feel the need to reply to this message. I will get to why I thought of you later on. I would warn you that, if you want to try and answer this question honestly, it may turn your world upside down (no, it's not religious - it is, essentially, a technical question).

I was just browsing your cv - man, what a cv! I'm a bit flummoxed by it actually, and rather ambivalent about asking you what I wanted to ask you, because it's kind of trivial, but behind the question is an issue of global importance.

Like many people, I experienced "The Broadband Revolution" - in about May 2003 (when it became available in our area on NTL). Since then, well, let's say I have had "a 30+ hours per week unpaid research job". To cut a long story short, this has lead me to join, following invitation, a loose association of Scholars called "Scholar's for 9/11 Truth". This group formed in about December last year and it's most prominent member is probably Professor (Emeritus) Morgan Reynolds, who served in George W Bush's 1st Administration for 16 months in the Department of Labour . You can find out about other members of the group on the web link, and also here are audios (done by other people) of several of them being interviewed etc (stored on my own website).

I have also become involved in The British 9/11 Truth Campaign, with "these hats on", I have corresponded with people like Michael Meacher and BBC News Director Helen Boaden. Some of this correspondence (and other stuff) can be found on the Campaign Forum Website (link).

This brings me to my question, which, from your considerable knowledge and experience, you may be able to give me some thoughts on - or ask someone you might know for theirs, as it may be a little outside your field. I have no idea why your name suddenly came into my mind, except that I remember you as a jolly, affable and extremely intelligent person (honest!)

QUESTION:

In the past couple of months, we have experienced increasing "attacks" on our forum, and I wondered if you thought it would be feasible that a "forum posting Bot" exists somewhere in the world.

My reason for asking has been brought on by a sequence of posts I have made on this thread.

Scan through my posts which respond to "Johnny Pixels". Is Johnny Pixels a real person, or is he, perhaps what I suggest (jokingly) he might be (on the thread)? I wonder if something could pass the Turing test. Looking at the latest competition, http://loebner.net/Prizef/2005_Contest/Transcripts.html it would seem not. However, on our forum, the topics are fairly narrow and you don't post questions in a random or "gobbledegook" fashion. Also, the communication is not real time. Added to that, the "black technology" is at least 30 to 40 years in advance of anything publicly disclosed, so my current guess would be around 80% probability that "Johnny Pixels" and his ilk are software entities. Do you know any AI experts, or linguists or psychologists who would profile the thread?

In reality, the answer to this particular question is perhaps not that important, if you care to consider the information posted on the forum and, why the forum even exists in the 1st place. (My answers below).

For myself, I can say for sure that the scenario portrayed in Orwell's 1984 (Orwell's real name was Eric Blair, don't you know) is pretty much what we are very near to now - and I am now personally engaged in a vigorous information war, and a battle for our freedom.The US and UK are either supporting Israel or being lead by them in planned genocide in the Middle East. I wish I could convince myself otherwise. BBC News has now become a propaganda organisation where, for regular news bulletins, no one is willing to do real investigative journalism and ask any hard questions of those that should be questioned. This is proved by the BBC's point blank refusal to cover the formation of our highly-credentialed Scholars Group (see our forum for proof). They fake impartiality. The ignore or distort important stories, but are happy to report inconsequential trivialities as part of "editorial policy" - and we pay for it. The proof of this is in the fact that you know nothing about the Worldwide 9/11 Truth campaign (if it is true that you currently know nothing about it).

I am sorry if this has spoiled your day. Take a look at the Scholars group and see what you make of it. More info and free DVDs available on request. Other comments and feedback greatly welcomed. I hope you'll come and join the party. We need all the "rockers" we can get.

Cheers for reading this, dude - from way back, to right now....

Andrew (Johnson)
Still the same really, if you remember me....

P.S. This is about as far as I've pushed out my boat on this issue so far.
[/html]

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
JP,

I am going to ask you politely one more time to debate points of evidence, not that nature of our forum or nature or point of critics corner.

Your posts are just antagonisitic and the last few have brought nothing of value to the discussion. Starting more threads like this one also is a bit pointless n'est ce pas?

I will check this thread tomorrow and either this thread and your account will be locked, or just the thread.

I know you'll be programmed to be more antagonistic over this but there it is.

Once again, I thought ad hom attacks were against the forum rules. I find it quite ironic that a moderator should stoop to the level of calling me a forum bot every chance he gets.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply from my friend:
=
---------------------------
I read the thread you referred to, and I'm 90% certain that JP isn't a robot. The levels of cognitive function and argument construction are just too high for the state of the art. I _could_ ask some people for their opinion, but even if someone does have a tool thats way ahead of the publicly recognized SOtA I'll still only get a negative answer, which isn't going to be too useful since it won't prove anything at all! Quite frankly, it'd be cheaper to employ flesh and blood rather than silicon and electrons to do this job anyway. Si might have been used to _identify_ the thread, but meat is used to address it.

On a vaguely related subject; I do think that the issues that JP raises do need to be refuted head on. The way in which any scientific theory eventually becomes accepted as fact is through a process of work-hardening and self questioning...that means that the JPs need to be given a platform and actively deconstructed, because that's how you'll find holes and logical inconsistencies in your own belief system. That's not to say you're right or wrong, it's just good process. Be careful about pushing them off into a 'critics corner', where they don't get equal standing, because that's implicit censorship of points of view that don't agree with your own.

Think about it - if you only ever mingle and lock horns with people who share your own belief set then you're likely to develop a positive feedback loop, and that leads to instability.. you _need_ those negative opinions to keep you based in reality...it isn't wasted cycles, it's essential...JP is doing you a favor in helping you ask the hard questions, or at least helping you check that you're got answers to those questions. Even if JP believed your theory 100%, it would still be perfectly reasonable for him to take this position in order to test the thesis... don't shout him down, argue him down...if you can't (and you need to clinically and cynically evaluate your responses to see if you have) then go back and look at those elements of your construction again, you'll be the better for it.

Entertaining to see the attempt at willy comparisons about who's got the better scientific background though - pleased to see folks didn't bite on that one
===

From his other responses he perhaps does not have an awareness about how far the Truth campaign has progressed, so I sent him some links. In any case, he is free to read JP and their ilk's posts as anyone else is.

It is worth also mentioning how the BBC and all the MSM have censored our "views" (I prefer to say "scientifically verifiable evidence").

Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
Reply from my friend:
=
---------------------------
I read the thread you referred to, and I'm 90% certain that JP isn't a robot. The levels of cognitive function and argument construction are just too high for the state of the art. I _could_ ask some people for their opinion, but even if someone does have a tool thats way ahead of the publicly recognized SOtA I'll still only get a negative answer, which isn't going to be too useful since it won't prove anything at all!

Hmm...sounds like your friend is enamoured of the scientific method. [robot from LIS]Danger!!...Danger!! Andrew Johnson [/robot from LIS]
Quote:

Quite frankly, it'd be cheaper to employ flesh and blood rather than silicon and electrons to do this job anyway. Si might have been used to _identify_ the thread, but meat is used to address it.

Clever how he looked at the evidence and came to a rational conclusion. Careful Andrew...he sounds like a shill... Shocked

Quote:

On a vaguely related subject; I do think that the issues that JP raises do need to be refuted head on. The way in which any scientific theory eventually becomes accepted as fact is through a process of work-hardening and self questioning...that means that the JPs need to be given a platform and actively deconstructed, because that's how you'll find holes and logical inconsistencies in your own belief system.

OMFG!! Next thing you know he'll say there shouldn't be a "critics corner"!!
Quote:
That's not to say you're right or wrong, it's just good process. Be careful about pushing them off into a 'critics corner', where they don't get equal standing, because that's implicit censorship of points of view that don't agree with your own.

Interesting...this guy still your friend Andy? Sound's to me like he's quoting from his telescreen.....and maybe even ratting you out to the Ministry of Love.

Quote:

Think about it - if you only ever mingle and lock horns with people who share your own belief set then you're likely to develop a positive feedback loop, and that leads to instability.. you _need_ those negative opinions to keep you based in reality...it isn't wasted cycles, it's essential...JP is doing you a favor in helping you ask the hard questions, or at least helping you check that you're got answers to those questions. Even if JP believed your theory 100%, it would still be perfectly reasonable for him to take this position in order to test the thesis... don't shout him down, argue him down...if you can't (and you need to clinically and cynically evaluate your responses to see if you have) then go back and look at those elements of your construction again, you'll be the better for it.

Good advice Andy. You should take it. Everyone here should take it.

Quote:

Entertaining to see the attempt at willy comparisons about who's got the better scientific background though - pleased to see folks didn't bite on that one
===

This guy sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders...have you recruited him into the CT yet? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess; No.
Quote:

From his other responses he perhaps does not have an awareness about how far the Truth campaign has progressed, so I sent him some links. In any case, he is free to read JP and their ilk's posts as anyone else is.

It is worth also mentioning how the BBC and all the MSM have censored our "views" (I prefer to say "scientifically verifiable evidence").

Or do you mean his other responses were far less flattering to those who hold magical thinking to be more useful than the rational variety?

-z

"God in heaven. Here's the hard-headed, evidence-only freak who will not, like we CTers, indulge himself in self-inflating, utterly misconceived fantasies." -kbo234 (who is NOT a nazi) briefly makes sense
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So am I allowed to post outside the critics corner now, or is the rest of the forum still off limits in case I let cats out of bags, and worms out of cans?
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayRef,

Will YOU take....

THE UK 9/11 Truth Forum IDENTITY CHALLENGE?

The prize?

10 free copies of either

Loose Change 2 on DVD,
Prof Jones Lecture on DVD
KEvin Ryan's Lecture on DVD
Prof Morgan Reynolds Interview on DVD

SO MANY PRIZES TO CHOOSE FROM!!

Just think - you can have your very own "Truth in"!

Use the Zogby Poll to Ask the Audience
Phone a Friend to help you grasp the Basic Freefall Physics
Or will you just go 50:50?

What will be your FINAL ANSWER?

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a) They're not prizes, they're punishments

b) A persons identity has no realation to the laws of physics, or other such indisputable facts.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look "You've got no arms left!"

Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
a) They're not prizes, they're punishments

b) A persons identity has no realation to the laws of physics, or other such indisputable facts.

Johnny...man, they got us! We're "here for the wrong reasons"!! That means anything we say can be ignored. Remember the great Popular Mechanic debunk? Well the guy who wrote it is named "Chertoff"!! Therefore everything he wrote can be ignored or dismissed with a: "But his name is Chertoff!" See how it works? Man, if the proponents of Intelligent Design ever get wind of this great debate technique we're cooked!

No, we are not here supporting the heroic searchfortrooth(tm). This means we are cowardly shills of the NWO/ZOG/Illuminati...

Laws of physics, expert opinions, and all other such indisputable facts are trumped because of our failure to "believe" and/or the identities of our distant relations.

Upon this rock, they build their cult...

-z

"God in heaven. Here's the hard-headed, evidence-only freak who will not, like we CTers, indulge himself in self-inflating, utterly misconceived fantasies." -kbo234 (who is NOT a nazi) briefly makes sense
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Jay Ref - we are waiting........................

Quote:
Jay Ref,

You have all the answers so you tell us. So why won't you comment about this appalling mindset that is clearly influencing the White House/ NeoCon Administration? Why do you refuse to engage in dialogue here? Could it be you might actually agree with us....now that would never do, would it?

Please comment about this - I'm asking you politely:
Quote:

Lobbying for Armageddon

By Sarah Posner Posted August 3, 2006.

In a perfect world, a reporter at last week's press conference with George Bush and Tony Blair would have asked Bush, in the presence of his principal European ally, if he believes the European Union is the Antichrist.

Although it sounds like the kind of Pat Robertson lunacy that makes even the wingnuts run for the nearest exit, it's a question Bush should be forced to answer. Bush and other leading Republicans have lined up behind a growing movement of Christian Zionists for whom a European Antichrist figures prominently in an end-times scenario. So they should be forced to explain to the rest of us why they're courting the votes of people who believe our allies are evil incarnate. Could it be that the central requirement for their breathlessly anticipated Armageddon -- that the United States confront Iran -- happens to dovetail so nicely with the neoconservative war agenda?

At the center of it all is Pastor John Hagee, a popular televangelist who leads the 18,000-member Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas. While Hagee has long prophesized about the end times, he ratcheted up his rhetoric this year with the publication of his book, "Jerusalem Countdown," in which he argues that a confrontation with Iran is a necessary precondition for Armageddon and the Second Coming of Christ. In the best-selling book, Hagee insists that the United States must join Israel in a preemptive military strike against Iran to fulfill God's plan for both Israel and the West. Shortly after the book's publication, he launched Christians United for Israel (CUFI), which, as the Christian version of the powerful American Israel Public Affairs Committee, he said would cause "a political earthquake."

At CUFI's kick-off banquet at the Washington Hilton, attended by over 3,500 members, Republican support for both Hagee's effort and his drumbeat for war with Iran were on full view. Republican National Committee Chair Ken Mehlman told the group that "no regime is more central to the global jihad" than Iran. Just two days before, Newt Gingrich and John McCain made the rounds of the Sunday talk shows to sound the same message, leading Benny Elon, a member of the Israeli Knesset, to comment to the Jerusalem Post that their remarks originated with Hagee. Rick Santorum and Sam Brownback also addressed the group, and Bush sent words of support to the gathering. Republicans, and even some Democrats, spoke at CUFI events to show their "support for Israel." But while public and media attention was on the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah, Hagee's focus continued to be on Iran.

While the crisis at the Israel-Lebanon border drew more mainstream media attention to CUFI's activities, Hagee's supporters have long known that leading Republicans are listening. Rabbi Daniel Lapin, a prominent Jewish ally of the evangelical right (and friend of Jack Abramoff) has said that Hagee "without question, yes, absolutely" has the ear of the White House. Hagee's annual Night to Honor Israel at his church has drawn prominent Republicans, including Tom DeLay, who was the keynote speaker in 2002.

Although Republicans would never admit it -- they claim their support for Christian Zionists like Hagee is based on their own support for Israel -- it is clear that they know they need the votes of this constituency to win. In the same way that Karl Rove courted conservative evangelicals in 2004 by appealing to their homophobia, Republican campaign rhetoric for 2006 and 2008 has already shown signs of playing to voters who have been hearing hype for a war with Iran for months -- at church.

While Washington insiders wonder what it means when Republicans like Mehlman and presidential aspirants Gingrich and McCain finger Iran as the central player in an epic clash of civilizations, Hagee already has spent months mobilizing the shock troops in support of another war. As diplomats, experts and pundits debate how many years Iran will need to develop a viable nuclear weapon, Hagee says the mullahs already possess the means to destroy Israel and America. And although Bush insists that diplomatic options are still on the table, Hagee has dismissed * diplomacy and primed his followers for a conflagration.

Hagee wields "a very large megaphone" that reaches "a very large group of people," said Rabbi James Rudin of the American Jewish Committee, who has studied the Christian right for 30 years. With CUFI, the pastor has exponentially expanded the reach of his megaphone beyond his television audience. Thanks to the viral marketing made possible by the hundreds of evangelical leaders who have signed on to his new organization, his warmongering has rippled through megachurches across America for months. Hagee calls pastors "the spiritual generals of America," an appropriate phrase given his reliance on them to rally their troops behind his message.

The CUFI board of directors includes the Rev. Jerry Falwell, former Republican presidential candidate and religious right activist Gary Bauer, and George Morrison, pastor of the 8,000-member Faith Bible Chapel in Arvada, Colo., and chairman of the board of Promise Keepers. Rod Parsley, the Ohio televangelist who is rapidly becoming a major political player in the Christian right, signed on to be a regional director.

For Hagee's new project, his influence in Washington is probably less important than his influence over his audience. With the clout of his listeners, he can serve Bush administration hawks by firing up grassroots support for a military strike against Iran. Over 700,000 people purchased his book, "Jerusalem Countdown," and countless more have heard him promote it on Christian radio and television programming. Dramatic, doomsday advertising has been heard by listeners of Christian media as well as on Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly's radio programs. The pages of "Jerusalem Countdown" provide a peculiar mix of biblical prophecy, purported inside information from Israeli government officials and a mixed-up, pared-down lesson in nuclear physics.

"I wrote this book in April 2005, and when people read it, they will think I wrote it late last night after the FOX News report," says the author without a trace of irony. "It's that close to where we are and beyond."

Hagee speaks simultaneously to two audiences about Iran's nuclear capabilities: one that fears a terrorist attack by Iran and another that embraces a biblically mandated apocalypse. To impress the fearful, he mimics Bush's deceptions about Iraq's capacity to attack the United States with weapons of mass destruction, Condoleezza Rice's warnings of mushroom clouds, and Dick Cheney's dissembling about an alliance between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida. Comparing Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Hitler, Hagee argues that Iran's development of nuclear weapons must be stopped to protect America and Israel from a nuclear attack. Preying on legitimate worries about terrorism, and invoking 9/11, he vividly describes a supposed Iranian-led plan to simultaneously explode nuclear suitcase bombs in seven American cities, or to use an electromagnetic pulse device to create "an American Hiroshima."

When addressing audiences receptive to Scriptural prophecy, however, Hagee welcomes the coming confrontation. He argues that a strike against Iran will cause Arab nations to unite under Russia's leadership, as outlined in chapters 38 and 39 of the Book of Ezekiel, leading to an "inferno [that] will explode across the Middle East, plunging the world toward Armageddon." In Hagee's telling, Israel has no choice but to strike at Iran's nuclear facilities, with or without America's help. The strike will provoke Russia -- which wants Persian Gulf oil -- to lead an army of Arab nations against Israel. Then God will wipe out all but one-sixth of the Russian-led army, as the world watches "with shock and awe," he says, lending either a divine quality to the Bush administration phrase or a Bush-like quality to God's wrath.

But Hagee doesn't stop there. He adds that Ezekiel predicts fire "upon those who live in security in the coastlands." From this sentence, he concludes that there will be judgment upon all who stood by while the Russian-led force invaded Israel, and issues a stark warning to the United States to intervene: "Could it be that America, who refuses to defend Israel from the Russian invasion, will experience nuclear warfare on our east and west coasts?" He says yes, citing Genesis 12:3, in which God said to Israel: "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you."

To fill the power vacuum left by God's decimation of the Russian army, the Antichrist -- the head of the EU -- will rule "a one-world government, a one-world currency and a one-world religion" for three and a half years. (Hagee adds that "one need only be a casual observer of current events to see that all three of these things are coming into reality." The "demonic world leader" will then be confronted by a false prophet, identified by Hagee as China, at Armageddon, the Mount of Megiddo in Israel. As they prepare for the final battle, Jesus will return on a white horse and cast both villains -- and presumably any nonbelievers -- into a "lake of fire burning with brimstone," thus marking the beginning of his millennial reign.

Hagee doesn't fear a nuclear conflagration, but rather God's wrath for standing by as Iran executes its supposed plot to destroy Israel. A nuclear confrontation between America and Iran, which he says is foretold in the Book of Jeremiah, will not lead to the end of the world, but rather to God's renewal of the Garden of Eden. But Hagee is ultimately less concerned with the fate of Israel or the Jews than with a theocratic Christian right agenda. When Jesus returns for his millennial reign, he tells his television audience, "the righteous are going to rule the nations of the earth When Jesus Christ comes back, he's not going to ask the ACLU if it's all right to pray, he's not going to ask the churches if they can ordain pedophile bishops and priests, he's not going to ask if it's all right to put the Ten Commandments in the statehouses. He's not going to endorse abortion, he's going to run the world by the word of God The world will never end. It's going to become a Garden of Eden, and Christ is going to rule it."

Sarah Posner has covered the religious right for The American Prospect, The Gadflyer, and AlterNet. This article is adapted from "Pastor Strangelove," which appeared in the June 2006 issue of The American Prospect.

Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear - Jay Ref has signed off. Lost for words do you think? Surely not? We await his return with interest about how he views the insane mindsets which influence the White House and his country. Don't keep us waiting old chap!
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayref and JP,

I love you guys, honest I do. But I just had to post this, soz.

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
Jayref and JP,

I love you guys, honest I do. But I just had to post this, soz.

Yeah, I like the way you spam the critics corner, but if I make a single post outside of it, then there's fire and brimstone and you wave the mod wand at me and threaten me with a ban. I can easily see this going the same way as the Loose Change forum, which has just deleted their skeptic forum because they kept loosing the arguments in it.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: no arguments from someone that brings no argument Reply with quote

keep losing what arguments i havent seen you post one thing to say ah yeah there was a plane at the pentagon, or to give me grounds to believe any of 9/11 was'nt strange. you dont even need to look for evidence its just once the igronace is removed you start to see the truth, even notice what comes out of peoples mouths , like when bush said he saw the first plane hit the towers before he entered the school on that morning, when there was no footage of the first plane hitting the towers till much later in the day and was the only copy of the 1st plane strike. so if he saw footage of plane 1 that means it was relayed to him by other means which means someone knew 9/11 would happen.
Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: no arguments from someone that brings no argument Reply with quote

mark wrote:
keep losing what arguments i havent seen you post one thing to say ah yeah there was a plane at the pentagon, or to give me grounds to believe any of 9/11 was'nt strange. you dont even need to look for evidence its just once the igronace is removed you start to see the truth, even notice what comes out of peoples mouths , like when bush said he saw the first plane hit the towers before he entered the school on that morning, when there was no footage of the first plane hitting the towers till much later in the day and was the only copy of the 1st plane strike. so if he saw footage of plane 1 that means it was relayed to him by other means which means someone knew 9/11 would happen.

Mark...
I'm so happy you post here. Usually in order to converse with someone of your demonstrated intellectual stature one must take onself down to the local homeless shelter. Here, I can dip my toes into your bottomless sea of stupid without danger of falling in.

Thanks.
-z

BTW: Many have wondered why I come here and bother with you lot. I'll answer that...I am intrigued that there exist in modern society so many people who are incapable of rational thought.

Simply put...it is amazing.

Mooter
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: no arguments from someone that brings no argument Reply with quote

Jay Ref wrote:
mark wrote:

Mark...
I'm so happy you post here. Usually in order to converse with someone of your demonstrated intellectual stature one must take onself down to the local homeless shelter. Here, I can dip my toes into your bottomless sea of stupid without danger of falling in.

Thanks.
-z

BTW: Many have wondered why I come here and bother with you lot. I'll answer that...I am intrigued that there exist in modern society so many people who are incapable of rational thought.

Simply put...it is amazing.

Jay Ref,

It is posts like this that prove our point, you have ignored what mark has said to you and instead decided to insult him for the way he types his comments.
The only "evidence" that you and the others like you provide is very limited and generally takes on the form of people cherry picking points that we make then discrediting the messenger.
If you really want to discuss with us then please do so but in a constructive manner. Maybe you could start by responding to Andrew's post.

Oh and please don't call me an uncle f**ker - it does you no favours.

Regards

Which country is the very best?
and in the land of rape and honey,
you prey" Al Jourgensen
stateofgrace
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: no arguments from someone that brings no argument Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:

Mark please accept Bush is an idiot,

Here is what he said.

"I saw an airplane hit the tower - the TV was obviously on - and I used to fly myself, and I said, 'There's one terrible pilot.' And I said, 'It must have been a horrible accident.'"

I could link you stupid comment after comment if you wish but don’t read anything into this one other than it comes a from a silly person.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/bush/story/0,7369,612355,00.html

As for the Pentagon.

Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDdjLQkUV8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyou tube%2Ecom%2F
http://home.planet.nl/~reijd050/JoeR/pentahole_dimensions_est.htm
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/conspiracy/q0265.shtml
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/conspiracy/q0274.shtml
http://www.questionsquestions.net/blog/041116pentagon.html
http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/JohnJudge/PAandAAF77.html

The no Flight 77 into the Pentagon is pretty much dead in the water mate.
blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Critical Thinking........My Arse Reply with quote

pancaking theory and emotional weakness
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
What we know and don't know about 9/11
"Holding the Bush regime accountable for its obvious & documented lies"

by Paul Craig Roberts
August 18, 2006
Information Clearing House - 2006-08-16

I received a number of intelligent responses from readers of my August 14 column, "Gullible Americans," The letters deserve a reply. Moreover, some contain important points that should be shared with a wider audience. Pundits such as myself are not the only people who have interesting things to say. Considering the number of letters and the time it would require to respond individually, I am replying instead in this column.

Most readers from whom I heard understand the difference between loyalty to country and loyalty to a government. They understand that to support a political party or a government that is destroying the US Constitution and America's reputation in the world is, in fact, an act of treason. Therefore, I did not have to read the usual drivel about how doubting "our government" is un-American.

Among the issues raised are:

How could the complicity of the US government, or some part of it, in the events of 9/11 be kept a secret? For the most part, this question comes from Americans who believe the government must have been, to some extent, complicit in the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon.

How can we differentiate between the real facts, the 9/11 Commission's reporting of the facts, and "conspiracy theories"?

What about the role of suicide flyers led by M. Atta?

What about the Popular Mechanics article and the TV documentary that debunk the skeptics and support the official explanation of 9/11?

What about the role of the US media in propagandizing Americans with the official explanation instead of examining the explanation, especially with regard to such truncated hatchet-job interviews with 9/11 skeptics such as the hatchet jobs presided over by Donny Deutsch on CNBC and by neocon Tucker Carlson on MSNBC?

Why are so many Americans hostile to holding the Bush regime accountable for its obvious and documented lies, lies that have misled America to war and gratuitously slaughtered and maimed tens of thousands of people, including our own troops?

I will begin by stating what we know to be a solid incontrovertible scientific fact.

We know that it is strictly impossible for any building, much less steel columned buildings, to "pancake" at free fall speed. Therefore, it is a non-controversial fact that the official explanation of the collapse of the WTC buildings is false.

We also know for a fact that the Air Force somehow inexplicably failed to intercept the alleged hijacked airliners despite the fact that the Air Force can launch jet fighters to 29,000 feet in 2.5 minutes. We also know that the two co-chairmen of the 9/11 Commission have just written a book that reveals that the US military lied to the Commission about its failure to intercept the hijacked airliners.

There are various explanations for this second fact. The military could have lied to cover up complicity or to cover-up its incompetence. However, no investigation has been made to ascertain the true explanation for the failure.

This leaves us with the incontrovertible fact that buildings cannot "pancake" at free fall speeds.

The only explanation known to science for the free fall collapse of a building, especially into its own footprint, is engineered demolition, which removes the supports for each floor of the building at split second intervals so that the debris from above meets no resistance on its fall. To call this explanation a "conspiracy theory" is to display the utmost total ignorance. Any physicist or engineer who maintains that buildings can "pancake" at free fall speed has obviously been bought and paid for or is a total incompetent fool.

The WTC buildings are known to have collapsed at free fall speed into their own footprints.

This fact does not tell us who is responsible or what purpose was served.

Since the damning incontrovertible fact has not been investigated, speculation and "conspiracy theories" have filled the void. Some of the speculation is based on circumstantial evidence and is plausible. Other of the speculation is untenable, and it is used to protect the official explanation by branding all skeptics "conspiracy theorists." I would not be surprised if some of the most far-out "conspiracy theories" consist, in fact, of disinformation put out by elements in the government to discredit all skeptics. But I do not know this to be the case.

How could government complicity be kept a secret? It can be kept a secret, because so many Americans are scientifically ignorant and emotionally weak. They are incapable of realizing the contradiction in the government's claim that the WTC buildings "pancaked" at free fall speed, and they are emotionally incapable of confronting the evil of the Bush regime. Many Christians think that Bush is "a man of God" who is protecting American morality from homosexuals and abortionists. Others who wear their patriotism on their sleeves think Bush is standing up for America and innocent Israel, and that they must not let anti-American anti-war protesters cause America to lose another war and repeat the Vietnam experience. Americans are both ignorant and full of resentments against the left. This makes them easily manipulated by the neoconservatives who dominate the Bush regime and the media.

Also, many anti-war and anti-Bush online sites are scared of being called "crazy conspiracy kooks." They protect their sites by staying away from the 9/11 issue, just as so many Americans are scared to death of being called "anti-semitic" and thereby do not dare criticize Israel no matter the heinous war crimes that state routinely commits. Of all the online subscribers to my column, only vdare.com and NewsMax had the courage to post my column. Realizing that even antiwar sites would serve as de facto gatekeepers for the neocons, I offered the column to ICH, whose editor cannot be intimidated.

The Popular Mechanics article and the TV documentary are obviously false since they both endorse the official explanation that the WTC buildings "pancaked" at free fall speed, an obvious scientific impossibility. Whether the false reporting by Popular Mechanics and television are due to incompetence or to complicity in a government cover-up, I do not know.

We know nothing about alleged suicide flyers led by M. Atta except what the government has told us, a government that has lied to us about everything else, such as Iraq's alleged WMD and alleged links to Osama bin Laden, and Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program, a program for which the International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors cannot find evidence.

According to reports, the BBC has found 6 of the alleged suicide hijackers alive and well in their home countries. I do not know if the report is true, but I do know that the report has been ignored and there has been no investigation. Both the US government and the US media have turned a blind eye. We have no way of knowing if Atta and his named accomplices hijacked the planes, or, if they did, whether they were dupes of intelligent services that pretended to be a terrorist cell and organized the cover for the engineered demolition.

The fact that we do not know any of these things, and the fact that the 9/11 Commission co-chairmen now tell us that their report is flawed, are good indications that we have no documented information of who was behind the plot, why it occurred, or how it operated.

With regard to the role of the US media, if it is indeed a media rather than a propaganda ministry, one reader cited remarks by the distinguished investigative reporter, John Pilger, made in an address at Columbia University on 14 April 2006:

"During the Cold War, a group of Russian journalists toured the United States. On the final day of their visit, they were asked by their hosts for their impressions. 'I have to tell you,' said their spokesman, 'that we were astonished to find after reading all the newspapers and watching TV, that all the opinions on all the vital issues were by and large, the same. To get that result in our country, we imprison people, we tear out their fingernails. Here, you don't have that. What's the secret? How do you do it?'"

This quote is probably apocryphal, but it is well used to make a valid point. The answer to the Russian's question is that during the cold war the American public viewed the Soviet Union as a dangerous adversary and were amenable to reports to that effect. The fact that the Soviets were a potentially dangerous adversary made Americans blind to the roles of the US military-industrial complex, which benefited financially from cultivating the adversary relationship, and the US government, which benefited politically from cultivating the adversary relationship, in keeping the adversarial relationship alive.

The uniformity of the US media has become much more complete since the days of the cold war. During the 1990s, the US government permitted an unconscionable concentration of print and broadcast media that terminated the independence of the media. Today the US media is owned by 5 giant companies in which pro-Zionist Jews have disproportionate influence. More importantly, the values of the conglomerates reside in the broadcast licenses, which are granted by the government, and the corporations are run by corporate executives--not by journalists--whose eyes are on advertising revenues and the avoidance of controversy that might produce boycotts or upset advertisers and subscribers. Americans who rely on the totally corrupt corporate media have no idea what is happening anywhere on earth, much less at home.

Despite the dark days in which we live, some readers find optimism in recent polls that show more than one-third of the US public now disbelieve the official account of 9/11 despite the Bush regime's propaganda faithfully trumpeted by the US media. Bush's own rock-bottom polls show that Americans, like the Russians of the Soviet era, can read between the lines of the propagandistic US media. Many Americans can still spot a liar and a cheat when they see one.

Key Ronald Reagan advisor Hon. Paul Craig Roberts: "Gullible Americans have been duped by the 9/11 Hoax... Wise up -- the World is laughing at you."

Gullible Americans

By Paul Craig Roberts Information Clearing House 08/14/06

I was in China when a July Harris Poll reported that 50 percent of Americans still believe that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when Bush invaded that country, and that 64 percent of Americans still believe that Saddam Hussein had strong links with Al Qaeda.

The Chinese leaders and intellectuals with whom I was meeting were incredulous. How could a majority of the population in an allegedly free country with an allegedly free press be so totally misinformed?

The only answer I could give the Chinese is that Americans would have been the perfect population for Mao and the Gang of Four, because Americans believe anything their government tells them.

Americans never check any facts. Who do you know, for example, who has even read the Report of the 9/11 Commission, much less checked the alleged facts reported in that document. I can answer for you. You don't know anyone who has read the report or checked the facts.

The two co-chairmen of the 9/11 Commission Report, Thomas Kean and Lee Hamilton, have just released a new book, "Without Precedent: The Inside Story of the 9/11 Commission." Kean and Hamilton reveal that the commission suppressed the fact that Muslim ire toward the US is due to US support for Israel's persecution and dispossession of the Palestinians, not to our "freedom and democracy" as Bush propagandistically claims. Kean and Hamilton also reveal that the US military committed perjury and lied about its failure to intercept the hijacked airliners. The commission even debated referring the military's lies to the Justice Department for criminal investigation. Why should we assume that these admissions are the only coverups and lies in the 9/11 Commission Report?

How do you know that 9/11 was a Muslim terrorist plot? How do you know that THREE World Trade Center buildings collapsed because TWO were hit by airliners? You only "know" because the government gave you the explanation of what you saw on TV. (Did you even know that three WTC buildings collapsed?)

I still remember the enlightenment I experienced as a student in Russian Studies when I learned that the Czarist secret police would set off bombs and then blame those whom they wanted to arrest.

When Hitler seized dictatorial power in 1933, he told the Germans that his new powers were made necessary by a communist terrorist attack on the Reichstag. When Hitler started World War II by invading Poland, he told the Germans that Poland had crossed the frontier and attacked Germany.

Governments lie all the time--especially governments staffed by neoconservatives whose intellectual godfather, Leo Strauss, taught them that it is permissible to deceive the public in order to achieve their agenda.

Some readers will write to me to say that they saw a TV documentary or read a magazine article verifying the government's explanation of 9/11. But, of course, these Americans did not check the facts either--and neither did the people who made the documentary and wrote the magazine article.

Scientists and engineers, such as Clemson University Professor of Engineering Dr. Judy Woods and BYU Professor of Physics Dr. Steven Jones, have raised compelling questions about the official account of the collapse of the three WTC buildings. The basic problem for the government's account is that the buildings are known to have fallen at freefall speed, a fact that is inconsistent with the government's "pancaking" theory in which debris from above collapsed the floors below. If the buildings actually "pancaked," then each floor below would have offered resistance to the floors above, and the elapsed time would have been much longer. These experts have also calculated that the buildings did not have sufficient gravitational energy to accommodate the government's theory of the collapse. It is certainly a known and non-controversial fact among physicists and engineers that the only way buildings can collapse at freefall speed into their own footprints is by engineered demolition. Explosives are used to remove the support of floors below before the debris from above arrives. Otherwise, resistance is encountered and the time required for fall increases. Engineered demolition also explains the symmetrical collapse of the buildings into their own foot prints. As it is otherwise improbable for every point in floors below to weaken uniformly, "pancaking" would result in asymmetrical collapse as some elements of the floor would give sooner than others.

Scientific evidence is a tough thing for the American public to handle, and the government knows it. The government can rely on people dismissing things that they cannot understand as "conspiracy theory." But if you are inclined to try to make up your own mind, you can find Dr. Jones' and Dr. Woods' papers, which have been formally presented to their peers at scientific meetings, on line at www.st911.org/

Experts have also pointed out that the buildings' massive steel skeletons comprised a massive heat sink that wicked away the heat from the limited, short-lived fires, thus preventing a heat buildup. Experts also point out that the short-lived, scattered, low-intensity fires could barely reach half the melting point of steel even if they burned all day instead of merely an hour.

Don't ask me to tell you what happened on 9/11. All I know is that the official account of the buildings' collapse is improbable.

Now we are being told another improbable tale. Muslim terrorists in London and Pakistan were caught plotting to commit mass murder by smuggling bottles of explosive liquids on board airliners in hand luggage. Baby formula, shampoo and water bottles allegedly contained the tools of suicide bombers.

How do we know about this plot? Well, the police learned it from an "Islamic militant arrested near the Afghan-Pakistan border several weeks ago." And how did someone so far away know what British-born people in London were plotting?

Do you really believe that Western and Israeli intelligence services, which were too incompetent to prevent the 9/11 attack, can uncover a London plot by capturing a person on the Afghan border in Pakistan? Why would "an Islamic militant" rat on such a plot even if he knew of it?

More probable explanations of the "plot" are readily available. According to the August 11 Wayne Madsen Report, informed sources in the UK report that "the Tony Blair government, under siege by a Labor Party revolt, cleverly cooked up a new 'terror' scare to avert the public's eyes away from Blair's increasing political woes. British law enforcement, neocon and intelligence operatives in the US, Israel, and Britain, and Rupert Murdoch's global media empire cooked up the terrorist plot, liberally borrowing from the failed 1995 'Oplan Bjinka' plot by Pakistan- and Philippines-based terrorist Ramzi Ahmad Yousef to crash 11 trans-Pacific airliners bound from Asia to the US."

There are other plausible explanations. For example, our puppet in Pakistan decided to arrest some people who were a threat to him. With Bush's commitment to "building democracy in the Middle East," our puppet can't arrest his political enemies without cause, so he lays the blame on a plot.

Any testimony against Muslim plotters by "an Islamic militant" is certain to have been bought and paid for.

Or consider this explanation. Under the Nuremberg standard, Bush and Blair are war criminals. Bush is so worried that he will be held accountable that he has sent his attorney general to consult with the Republican Congress to work out legislation to protect Bush retroactively from his violations of the Geneva Conventions.

Tony Blair is in more danger of finding himself in the dock. Britain is signatory to a treaty that, if justice is done, will place Blair before the International Criminal Court in the Hague.

What better justification for the two war criminals' illegal actions than the need to foil dastardly plots by Muslims recruited in sting operations by Western intelligence services? The more Bush and Blair can convince their publics that terrorist danger abounds, the less likely Bush and Blair are ever to be held accountable for their crimes.

But surely, some readers might object, our great moral leaders wouldn't do something political like that!

They most certainly would. As Joshua Micah Marshall wrote in the July 7 issue of Time magazine, the suspicion is "quite reasonable" that "the Bush Administration orchestrates its terror alerts and arrests to goose the GOP's poll numbers."

Joshua Micah Marshall proves his conclusion by examining the barrage of color-coded terror alerts, none of which were real, and, yes, it all fits with political needs.

And don't forget the plot unearthed in Miami to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago. Described by Vice President Cheney as a "very real threat," the plot turned out to be nothing more than a few harmless whackos recruited by an FBI agent sent out to organize a sting.

There was also the "foiled plot" to blow up the Holland Tunnel and flood downtown New York City with sea water. Thinking New Orleans, the FBI invented this plot without realizing that New York City is above sea level. Of course, most Americans didn't realize it either.

For six years the Bush regime has been able to count on the ignorant and naive American public to believe whatever tale that is told them. American gullibility has yet to fail the Bush regime.

The government has an endless number of conspiracy theories, but only people who question the government's conspiracies are derided for "having a conspiracy theory."

The implication is even worse if we assume that the explosive bottle plot is genuine. It means that America and Britain by their own aggression in Iraq and Afghanistan, and by enabling Israel's war crimes in Palestine and Lebanon, have created such hatred that Muslims, who identify with Bush's, Blair's, and Israel's victims, are plotting retaliation.

But Bush is prepared. He has taught his untutored public that "they hate us for our freedom and democracy."

Gentle reader, wise up. The entire world is laughing at you.

Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration. He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page and Contributing Editor of National Review. He is coauthor of The Tyranny of Good Intentions
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
Look "You've got no arms left!"

Blatant plagiarism!

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: