FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Protect your private medical records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Protect your private medical records Reply with quote

Some might say thin is unrelated to 9/11 which it is although not entirely.

The governments latest control tactic is to get all our medical records onto a single database where God knows who will have access to them. Of course all this is without our consent, you wouldn't expect any less from scum like this government.

You can opt out easily in 20 seconds by going to the link below, filling in your details and sending the letter to your GP.

Resisting this is a good way of letting them know that they do no have our consent on issues like these.

http://www.nhsconfidentiality.org/
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Protect your private medical records Reply with quote

I genuinely don't think sending a letter to my GP will have any positive effect. He can't read.
I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I genuinely don't think sending a letter to my GP will have any positive effect. He can't read.

Strange - usually it's just that they can't write.

Thanks for the link UE; I for one had no idea you could opt out.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wobbler wrote:
Quote:

Strange - usually it's just that they can't write.

Thanks for the link UE; I for one had no idea you could opt out.

No, it is complicated and lengthy. Trust me on this - it is the inability to read. Although now you mention it, I would bet a huge percentage of doctors were delighted when printers arrived to automatically chunk out prescriptions and all they had to do was sign the bottom.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, if you're seriously ill and also in need of home care, you could find yourself dealing with maybe 4 medical providers and 4 different social/home care providers. None of which has any blasted clue what the other is doing (or not doing, which is more likely).

A centralised system could be quite a boon.

In any event I really don't think this is a case for paranoia. Fear for your money as yet another national-scale I.T. system goes pear-shaped? Definitely.

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At the moment, if you're seriously ill and also in need of home care, you could find yourself dealing with maybe 4 medical providers and 4 different social/home care providers. None of which has any * clue what the other is doing (or not doing, which is more likely).

A centralised system could be quite a boon.

In any event I really don't think this is a case for paranoia. Fear for your money as yet another national-scale I.T. system goes pear-shaped? Definitely.

In my little corner of the social care sector, I tend to speak to other involved professionals on a need-to-know basis.
Though I can see the medical benefits, perhaps it is paranoid, but I've got concerns about function creep.

For example, why should just medical providers have access?
Wouldn't it be just as useful if social services had access rather than use their own separate system? (so the social worker could check if dear old Edna Brady had seen the Dr about that little problem down below and what they prescribed at the touch of a button - their involvement is just as important).
Other social care providers?
It would be helpful if the police had access (was that guy they picked up who was totally out of it and rambling incoherently at the shopping centre mentally ill/autistic/known drug or alcohol misuser? And it could help fight terrorism - which it couldn't, but neither will ID cards though it's argued they wil). It's all very well saying it'll be a boon, but not if it leaves non medical services stuck in the same old systems, right?
Oh, and the benefits agency should be able to check if people are blagging illness, right?
How about your employer? No more tedious forms asking about your medical history after interviews. They could just check if you're fit for the job. And they could just check up on the system after periods of sickness - no more messing about with sick notes. If it's confidential to HR and your manager, what's the problem with that?
And it goes without saying it'll eventually need to be linked to the national identity register.
Of course the DOH itself would need access - helps give an insight into clinical need nationwide if you've got access to all those stats. So that wil be fed into the home office.
It'd be convenient if medical insurance companies had access wouldn't it? I mean, they have a right to accurate info and it'd save on all those forms - it'd be sorted out in five minutes by computer. Great time saver and no chance of disputes over info given.
Of course in a country when where medical provision is increasingly farmed out to the private sector, there'll be strict controls on this info - you wouldn't want a corporation passing on that priceless market research goldmine to it's other branches would you? but then again, wouldn't it be convenient if after you saw the doc about your piles, a pop-up came up the next time you used the net telling you about the two-for-one offer on preparation H at Boots?

Not forgetting, being a government IT project it certainly won't (as you cynically suggest) cost a huge sum and fail to work properly. It certainly will be 100% secure and every unauthorised access will be rigorously investigated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: