FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controversial music video storming YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your opinion of this video/band?
Hate the music, hate the message
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hate the music, dig the message
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Dig the music, hate the message
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dig the music, dig the message
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Controversial music video storming YouTube Reply with quote

Link

"Open Season"
Stuck Mojo

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheerful little number. My dad was actually playing it when I went around to see him the other day and he is 86.

This is surprising because he doesn't usually like cross-over industrial metal rap.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well produced, a good riff - they managed not to swear too much. But unfortunately, shamefully ignorant, misrepresentative and somewhat unpleasant.

This was made by a friend of mine and shows the real terrorists and enemies in our midst (who fund the ones that appear almost subliminally in the video above).

Link

Let's remember to have balance, ay?

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think the music stinks. Cynical post nu-metal formulaic rap/metal fusion - makes Linkin Park sound good. I know you know way more about music than me, Andrew but I boldly assert you can find much better riffs from e.g. these charming Polish gentlemen.

Link

Tunes you can whistle to!

As for the lyrics...well, it had to happen, didn't it? Metal has always been bifurcated between reactionary and radical outlooks.

Slayer have done something a bit ignorant with -

Link

But then, they're usually being rude about Christians (the track is from an album called 'Christ Illusion', after all), so I suppose it makes a change. And the fact Slayer are rather, ahem, uneducated has always been part of their charm.

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and a Merry Christmas or whatever your POV deems it to all you truthers, critics, lurkers and, yes, any shills out there (it is the 'season of goodwill' after all) -

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."

- Nietzsche

scar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: America is the victim? Reply with quote

That first one is as misguided as it is possible to be. Faux news hiphop, fauxhop. A reverse chuck-D, biting the style minus the skills/intelligence/truth.
Check out those comments on youtube for an insight into the mindset of those who enjoyed it. The result of a pitiful education + propaganda + blinkers...wilful ignorance with a dollop of blind hate.
I feel sad (not hate) for those sucked into it.

Truth is infinately better than lies even if facing it hurts...(or dents your nationalistic pride).

Link

Link

I didnt bother voting.

Merry Oneness day to all.
wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for some clarification - Stuck Mojo are a band that were about LONG before "rap metal" started, they were one of the main influences for the style but they split up and have only got back together about 2 years ago.

They aren't some bangwagon rap metal band, they pretty much helped create the entire style.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: