FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mon22Jan - LONDON CALLING - Leafleting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Mon22Jan - LONDON CALLING - Leafleting Reply with quote

There will be a leafleting mission on Monday the 22nd January to help promote Willie Rodriguez' latest tour.

We will meet at 6pm in the forecourt outside the Charing Cross rail station.

Those Londoners who feel frustrated at just sitting around on a forum can put their money where their mouths are and join us in making Mr Rodriguez' talk an even bigger success than it was already bound to be.

Those who have expressed worries about rain; bring an umbrella. The worse the weather is the more obvious it will be how committed and genuine we all are- it will work in our favour.

We will probably campaign for a couple of hours in small groups and then meet for drinks afterwards.

See you there!

Stef

Peace and Truth
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll provide DVDs for this but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it down there til 7ish.

I'll check to see if Mr A can make it down with the DVDs in time.

Peace

Skeptiggy
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeptic-
Cheers, that shouldn't be a problem- I don't imagine there would be two hours worth of leafleting time DVDs to give out anyway.

Will give all a buzz nearer the event to sort out logistics.

Peace and Truth
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIVE ME, as many leaflets as you possibly can!

In my spare time, I shall hit all the MAJOR Train/Tube stations with leafletting. Ill go on the tube and ....

I shall have some friends also with me hopefully, hopefully the very first members of my uelsu911truth student club/society. Ive done leafletting before, believe me Ive got the stamina for it all day and night!
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Islamophobia meeting after leafleting? Reply with quote

Also on Mon 22nd jan, at 7.30pm there is this meeting:

Islamophobia – the new McCarthyism?
With Gary Younge (The Guardian), Louise Christian (lawyer for Guantanamo detainees), Craig Murray (former British ambassador to Uzbekistan), Noreen Fatima (National Union of Students – invited)
Organised by Media Workers Against the War.
Email mwaw@btinternet.com
Mon 22 Jan, 7.30pm
Bloomsbury Central Church Hall, 235 Shaftesbury Ave

I hope to be at the leafleting, and if we have any leaflets left mebbe could go on to this with them...
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: National Demo against Re-invasion of Iraq & Bombing Soma Reply with quote

Saturday 20th of January 2007
organised by Hizb ut-Tahrir (aka HT) Britain (honestly I am not a fan of them)

Convenes 10am at Paddington Green (Nearest Tube Edgware Road)
March to proceed down to Edgware Road to the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square.

I wouldn't mind going down there myself, if someone can supply me with leaflets. Would be good to convert people from the HT scene to our scene.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, just thought I would bump this up to make sure everyone remembers.

We need to show our numbers and our commitment people. Any new members around London, this is a great chance to make the step from key board critic into activist, and should be a lot of fun as well.

Peace and Truth
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: National Demo against Re-invasion of Iraq & Bombing Reply with quote

Zabooka wrote:
Would be good to convert people from the HT scene to our scene.

If you wish to marginalise your campaign and surround yourself with people who wish to return to the religious practices of the 15th century then I suppose it would.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: National Demo against Re-invasion of Iraq & Bombing Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:
Zabooka wrote:

If you wish to marginalise your campaign and surround yourself with people who wish to return to the religious practices of the 15th century then I suppose it would.

HT do seem on the extreme side.

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames

Last edited by Skeptic on Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: National Demo against Re-invasion of Iraq & Bombing Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:
Zabooka wrote:

Erm... Ill take this moment to enlighten you that I am a Muslim indeed.
Laughing
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, in terms of people wanting leaflets for the Rodriguez talk in London, in my failure to track one down I have just designed one myself.

I'm quite pleased with it as well!

I'm going to photocopy as many as I can for monday and the "clash of civilisations" thing as well, but if anyone wants the document to make their own copies, pm me an email I can send it to.

Peace and Truth
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The document has two leaflets on each page, to save everyones funds, and is to be printed duplex and cut into two and is black and white.

Front:

Back:

This is a print screen capture through photo bucket and so is low quality, the actual doc has no speckles , or those lines which have appeared near the bottom of the back page, or above WR's name on the front, or the dotted lines under the address.

It's just to give a general idea.

Peace and Truth
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid I'm not going to be able to make this as I've double booked myself like a dunce.

I did, however, burn 150 or so DVDs yesterday which I've given to Mr A to bring down and hand out.

Hope this goes well guys!

T

HipHop:
DrJazzz
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear... made it down to Charing Cross but didn't find anyone! I thought people would be in the warm bit. Should have planned a bit better!
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Jazz,
We were all there- at 6 o clock as planned- a group went to the islamaphobia conference, a group went to covent garden and one at charring cross. Sorry you missed us, but there will certainly be other opportunities. Not to sound like a nanny but six does mean six! Smile

Peace and Truth
tfayaz
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise profusely for not being there.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work form those who attended last night, it certainly wasn't the warmest. We should try and do it next week if possible again as the following Monday is the day before Willie's talk and would be too late. Also, if you do see any meetings of any relevance happening then please do post the details and we can try and get a couple of people to each one.
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well done to all who made it. It was freezing, but at least we had a chance to warm the cockles in the pub afterwards.

And a huge thank you to Stefan for organising it. Good work!

Andy's right, we need to do some more leafleting before next week, when the Rodriguez tour kicks off. I think Stefan and Belinda are planning some more events - the first is tomorrow night (Wednesday) I believe. Watch this space.

Regards

Annie

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, there is a stop the war demo outside parliament tomorrow night. I'll be there, will Belinda have more leaflets?
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also v.sorry didn't make the leafleting, couldn't get out of work in Hackney in time. "Must try harder" next time...
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadgeB wrote:
Also v.sorry didn't make the leafleting, couldn't get out of work in Hackney in time. "Must try harder" next time...

I bet Hackney is a good place to leaflet Wink

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: GGGalloway at Middx uni early Feb Reply with quote

Gorgeous George is doing a talk called 'Britain post Blair' (I think) at Middx Uni' Enfield campus the first week in February. I thought if anyone is in the Enfield/north London area and interested I'll post the exact details, might be an opportunity to leaflet and give out DVD's? (Word of warning GGG reneged on his last gig there blaming the traffic)
tfayaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next week sounds like a great plan, count me in!!
DrJazzz
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
Dr Jazz,
We were all there- at 6 o clock as planned- a group went to the islamaphobia conference, a group went to covent garden and one at charring cross. Sorry you missed us, but there will certainly be other opportunities. Not to sound like a nanny but six does mean six! Smile

that's harsh! I was there at 6.02! well the inside bit anyway. okay well I'll be on time next time!
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Leafletting for Willie Rodriguez London meeting Reply with quote

"I bet Hackney is a good place to leaflet"..

Hackney maybe – but what about somewhere on the Docklands Light Railway, and so on an easy travelling route to the UEL Docklands campus site? How about Stratford station about 6pm when the commuters come streaming out of the station - what do you think, Zabooka? I could do that on Mon 29th Jan if anyone else can join me…
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GGGalloway at Middx uni early Feb Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
Gorgeous George is doing a talk called 'Britain post Blair' (I think) at Middx Uni' Enfield campus the first week in February. I thought if anyone is in the Enfield/north London area and interested I'll post the exact details, might be an opportunity to leaflet and give out DVD's? (Word of warning GGG reneged on his last gig there blaming the traffic)

GGG is billed to speak in Room P8 of the Pascal Building, Middx UnI',Enfield Campus, 7th FEb2007, 7.30 PM, phone 07966 784 385 for information.
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is ... George Galloway is avoiding my week and William Rodriguez. So I am a bit miffed about that and I dont want to let him get away with that so easily.

I would love for people to Leaflet about William Rodriguez at that Middlesex Uni Talk. Someone should ask him why it seems he has declined requests to be at my Week.

Tommmorrow, thats Friday 26th of February, I shall be at East London Mosque, to leaflet after Friday Prayers. Its the biggest Mosque in UK and its in East London.

Im going to be preparing for Monday and Tuesday, which will be Freshers Fair Day. On Monday we have a stall for UELSU911Truth at the Stratford Campus. On Tuesday we have a stall at Docklands. If anyone is free during the entire day, either Monday or Tuesday, your help and company would be more than welcome at the stall. No need to bring leaflets, unless you have surplus loads to get rid of, as I will be having separate leaflets for within University use. These separate new ones will have the entire Week Long programme on them, mainly for Students and Staff at UEL.

What would be useful for the stalls, would be DVDs, booklets, anything you want to give away or can sell.

Then from Wednesday to Friday, I shall just be campaigning locally and try to just make sure everythings ready for the week after. There is quite a lot of things I have to sort out. Its going to be such a hectic week.

Wish Me Well
Surprised)
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Leafletting for Willie Rodriguez London meeting Reply with quote

MadgeB wrote:
"I bet Hackney is a good place to leaflet"..

Hackney maybe – but what about somewhere on the Docklands Light Railway, and so on an easy travelling route to the UEL Docklands campus site? How about Stratford station about 6pm when the commuters come streaming out of the station - what do you think, Zabooka? I could do that on Mon 29th Jan if anyone else can join me…

For me, you have Tower Gateway station, the end/start of the DLR leading to Cyprus DLR Station. Stratford, West Ham and Canning Town are also good. I am sorry if I wont be able to join you, as I am super super super busy with too many things.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appologies in advance to the leafleting crew for tonight- I've injured my foot and wont be able to make it.

Best of luck to the troopers!

Peace and Truth
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabooka wrote:
The thing is ... George Galloway is avoiding my week and William Rodriguez. So I am a bit miffed about that and I dont want to let him get away with that so easily.

he's made it very clear on his radio show that he wants nothing to do with 'conspiracy theories'

he's already the target of much criticism, I'm guessing he feels being tarred with the 'loony' brush would be the end of him

HipHop:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: