FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

William Rodriguez/Iran: Apology from Belinda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: William Rodriguez/Iran: Apology from Belinda Reply with quote

Hi all

Belinda is no longer registered on this forum. She asked me to post this on her behalf:

In relation to the recent issue as to whether William Rodriguez should visit Iran to talk about 9/11 as a guest of the Iranian government (an invitation mercifully he declined), I hereby apologise to anyone not immediately connected with the said regime for expressing my opposition to such a visit and my views about the Islamic Republic of Iran and President Ahmadinejad in language I admit was offensive. In fact it was deliberately intended to be so, as I wanted to sound a very strong warning indeed about Ahamdinejad who has personally tortured and killed thousands of people, and about having any contact at all with this particular regime.

However, as I believe I made clear my remarks did NOT apply to the Iranian people, nor to Muslims proper, nor to Islam. Hence I very much regret that they were misconstrued as having any wider application whatsoever and even as 'racist abuse' and for this reason I sincerely apologise to any who were offended (apart from the Iranian regime and its associates).

To complete the apologia, I also accused a fellow-campaigner conspicuously enthusiastic about the Rodriguez-Iran initiative of being an agent of that regime, having been told by Iranian friends who have known him longer than I have that this is the case. However I was/am unable to provide direct evidence to support such an accusation and thus it was of course out of order so I subsequently withdrew it and apologised. The apology also applies to others whom I accused of being sympathetic to the regime but I appreciate this may have been out of ignorance as they do not know as much about it as I do.

Several who saw the posts had expressed shock and dismay and the person I'd accused of being an agent released a torrent of abuse back at me, hence the thread was swiftly removed and locked.

In recognition of the upset caused and the fact that I have broken two cardinal rules of this forum, not to use strong or abusive language and not to resort to ad hominem attacks I have de-registered and once again, I sincerely apologise to colleagues and fellow-users and most of all to any Muslims who misperceived the specific target of my remarks. A glance at my campaigning and other activity over the past decade, particularly over the last two years in the context of 9/11 & 7/7 would immediately annul any apperception that I am anti-Muslim, the opposite in fact. As for being anti-Iranian or 'racist', that is the biggest absurdity of all as I'm married to an Iranian and he's more than usually dark-skinned.

Any who missed this sequence and would like to know what I actually wrote is welcome to contact me via Annie - apart from the odd bit of abuse directed at the Iranian leaders most of it was reasonably educational. I have access to a lot of info about Iran via my Iranian friends and relatives.

Belinda

Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: William Rodriguez/Iran: Apology from Belinda Reply with quote

Annie wrote:
Hi all

Belinda is no longer registered on this forum. She asked me to post this on her behalf:

In relation to the recent issue as to whether William Rodriguez should visit Iran to talk about 9/11 as a guest of the Iranian government (an invitation mercifully he declined), I hereby apologise to anyone not immediately connected with the said regime for expressing my opposition to such a visit and my views about the Islamic Republic of Iran and President Ahmadinejad in language I admit was offensive. In fact it was deliberately intended to be so, as I wanted to sound a very strong warning indeed about Ahamdinejad who has personally tortured and killed thousands of people, and about having any contact at all with this particular regime.

However, as I believe I made clear my remarks did NOT apply to the Iranian people, nor to Muslims proper, nor to Islam. Hence I very much regret that they were misconstrued as having any wider application whatsoever and even as 'racist abuse' and for this reason I sincerely apologise to any who were offended (apart from the Iranian regime and its associates).

To complete the apologia, I also accused a fellow-campaigner conspicuously enthusiastic about the Rodriguez-Iran initiative of being an agent of that regime, having been told by Iranian friends who have known him longer than I have that this is the case. However I was/am unable to provide direct evidence to support such an accusation and thus it was of course out of order so I subsequently withdrew it and apologised. The apology also applies to others whom I accused of being sympathetic to the regime but I appreciate this may have been out of ignorance as they do not know as much about it as I do.

Several who saw the posts had expressed shock and dismay and the person I'd accused of being an agent released a torrent of abuse back at me, hence the thread was swiftly removed and locked.

In recognition of the upset caused and the fact that I have broken two cardinal rules of this forum, not to use strong or abusive language and not to resort to ad hominem attacks I have de-registered and once again, I sincerely apologise to colleagues and fellow-users and most of all to any Muslims who misperceived the specific target of my remarks. A glance at my campaigning and other activity over the past decade, particularly over the last two years in the context of 9/11 & 7/7 would immediately annul any apperception that I am anti-Muslim, the opposite in fact. As for being anti-Iranian or 'racist', that is the biggest absurdity of all as I'm married to an Iranian and he's more than usually dark-skinned.

Any who missed this sequence and would like to know what I actually wrote is welcome to contact me via Annie - apart from the odd bit of abuse directed at the Iranian leaders most of it was reasonably educational. I have access to a lot of info about Iran via my Iranian friends and relatives.

Belinda

Hilarious propagandalist anti truth statement. Laughing

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all make mistakes and errors of judgement.

When we recognise them as such we should acknowledge them and apologise.

Sorry, correctly felt and intended is not the hardest word at all so well done Belinda.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serge wrote:
Hilarious propagandalist anti truth statement

There's no pleasing some people

If Belinda had posted her comments as "Wibblefairy" or some such internet ID there would scarcely have been a problem, considering most of the expression on most forums everywhere: those in favour of everyone posting under their legal ID take note (says a man who does)

Whether Belinda is being pilloried or is pillorying herself is unclear, but there is such a thing as compassion and forgiveness for someone instead of condemnation just becuase they happened to post something stupid in an off moment and trusted what somebody else said without checking it out: we might as well all ban ourselves and close the forum if thats not the case. Or are we a collection of superhumans who dont need to learn through making mistakes?

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to see proof of torture not hearsay Razz

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Disco Destroyer

As Belinda is no longer a registered member of this forum, she has asked me to say that she knows hundreds of victims tortured by the Iranian regime who are now refugees in London.

She would be willing to arrange a meeting with some of them, so that you can hear their accounts for yourself.

Please PM me if you are interested in taking this further.

thought criminal
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody direct me to these postings as I am interested to know who the agent was?
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

The thread was removed. There was then an email exchange amongst the key parties posting on the thread.

The outcome of this was that the allegation has been withdrawn and Belinda has apologised to all concerned. End of story

Anyone truly fascinated in this they can make their own inquiries

Thanks Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: