FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 Truth Groups on "Second Life"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sixy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: 9/11 Truth Groups on "Second Life" Reply with quote

I've recently got involved with a new virtual world called "Second Life" .

Along with the fun of being able to fly around, dance at various nightclubs and generally explore this massive online virtual world, I have found that there is a 9/11 Truth Group.

I spoke to the person who created the group tonight and he seems to be a very clued up individual. It soon dawned on me that this virtual world could be a very interesting and worthwhile way to help spread 9/11 truth.

I spoke to the group leader about what he wanted to do with the group, but as it's fairly new, he wants the group to grow in numbers before those who want to be actively involved to decide how the group should work.

However, he did direct me (in fact, I got teleported!) to a theatre that someone had created showing "9/11 Press For Truth".

Personally, sometime in the future, I could see a centre being created directing people to websites, sharing documents and screening 9/11 films for free. There could be the possibility of getting people within the truth movement to give talks there.

Let me just explain a little bit about "Second Life". There is currently a population of almost 5 million people. The world is vast - even including a virtual Amsterdam and New York! They have their own currency (Linden Dollars) which you can buy and then convert back to real money with their exchange rates. There is currently a fair few thousand users who are making £20,000 a year from it! Users can build areas, buildings, parks, etc.

I could go on about Second Life, but if you're interested you can google "Second Life" and there are several articles written about the online phenomena.

You have to download Second Life and you'd need a broadband connection to use it, but it is free. It takes a while to get used to it and to navigate your way around. But I'm just thinking about the potential scope it has spread 9/11 Truth. With the group tag "9/11 Truth" written above 'my' (virtual) head, has made some people stop me and ask me what its about.

So, if you already use Second Life or are thinking about using it, I really think that with an online membership of nearly 5 million, growing every day...it could serve as a useful tool for spreading truth.

Oh, and the average age of the members is 32, so its not full of young teens asking "asl?"
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked out the link: its a bit chessy for me, but then I dont like myspace either, can't get used to them, being a forum hound as I am

However, it seems straight up as far as it goes, so if anyone wants to check this out and try it as a medium for campaigning, then let us know how it goes. The memberships appear to be free, so i can't see anything particularily to lose

Quote:
Your first Basic account is FREE, and includes access to events, shopping, building, scripting- everything you can do in Second Life. After your first free Basic Account, each Additional Basic Account (known in-world as an "alt" account) costs a one-time fee of $9.95.

Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. I was thinking about this a few weeks ago and set up an account to check out the playing field. I guess this idea popped up in the communal subconscious back there Smile

Anyhow, i'll be logging on to help. Second life gets some freaky media attention and as far as I can see 'Campaigning in second life' is an area which hasn't yet been reported on, so if we provide a good show there's a good chance of mentions in technology and culture sections of papers and such.

Now.. How do I find this place?

Sixy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - yes it can be a bit cheesy! Personally, I don't go for myspace...Murdoch! But I do think there can be some scope for Second Life with campaigning. Everything is worth a go I reckon!

Fallious - If you are familiar with Second Life, you need to do a search in groups for '9/11 truth' and you'll see the group. Join up for free and then you can instant message any members of the group. I won't go into much more detail here - I don't want to turn this into a Second Life thread! PM me if you get stuck!

Sixy
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff - How time consuming is it? I might join.
Sixy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's as time consuming as you want it to be!

It takes a while to navigate around the 'world'. Trying to find other 9/11 group members can be frustrating, but sending them an IM is much quicker!

Other than that, once the group has really taken off and started to get active within the virtual world, time taken is what you can offer I guess!
Headhunter
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this same idea about two months ago when I came across Second Life surfing around on the net. I haven't joined myself, and it looks to be very time consuming, something you've got to be really into to get the most out of it. In a few years the population in there is sure to double, and it's a vast world.

What we need is a 9/11 Truth Information Center, and maybe even our own island for 9/11 truth, or, perhaps a New York address would be best.

That is very interesting, that you can go to a theater and watch a video. I wasn't sure if that was possible.

If you're fairly technically saavy, please do join, and set up our 9/11 Truth Movement "homestead" there.

If we won over a million people in there, it would be well worth it.

“We will export death and violence to the four corners of the earth.” - George W. Bush
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: