FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gandhi grandson - War on terror impossible by force

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Gandhi grandson - War on terror impossible by force Reply with quote

War on terror possible only by Gandhian means: Gandhi grandson
Mar 11, 2007 - 8:11:54 AM
http://www.rxpgnews.com/india/War-on-terror-possible-only-by-Gandhian- means-Gandhi-grandson_18734.shtml
A: Unless peace efforts by all agencies involved are absolute and unconditional, such disasters might continue. These demonic acts are committed by people who have been completely brainwashed. We should try to get in touch with such people and try to brainwash them against terrorism by a process of unlearning.
#By Firoz Bakht Ahmed, [RxPG]

New Delhi, March 11 - Treading the peace path led by his grandfather Mahatma Gandhi, Arun Gandhi, who is working on milder ways of conflict resolution, censures the US' eye-for-an-eye policy in fighting terror.

'Violence cannot be controlled with military might and fight because in the eye-for-an-eye formula, no one finally wins. The winner - or perpetrator - leaves behind a bitter enemy,' Gandhi told IANS in an interview.

'I have been voicing my views not only to the US government but to the world that for every terrorist killed, we are raising hundreds like in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Middle East,' he said.

Gandhi, the director of the M.K. Gandhi Institute of Non-violence in Michigan, US, says he set up the institute to help reduce the 'hate that consumes our hearts, homes and societies'.

Excerpts from an interview:

Q: What moved you to set up an institution in the US and not in India, where the Mahatma's practical philosophy is required most?

A: Not just to me but to the world at large Mahatma Gandhi is timely and topical. Moreover, he is one man who is above the geographical and religious barriers of regions and faiths. With my wife Sunanda, I founded this institute in 1991 to promote and teach the philosophy and practice of non-violence to help reduce the hate that consumes our hearts, homes and societies.

Q: Do you think the US has had any success in curbing terrorism?

A: Violence cannot be controlled with military might and fight as in the eye-for-an-eye formula, no one finally wins. The winner - or perpetrator - leaves behind a bitter enemy.

I have been voicing my views not only to the US government but to the world that for every terrorist killed, we are raising hundreds others like in Iraq, Afghanistan and the Middle East. The problem with militarily tackling terrorism is that it has proved to be self-defeating as it results in the annihilation of innocents as well.

Q: What about terrorists who use RDX, human bombs and the latest techniques to eliminate innocents?

A: I feel in this kind of scenario, our work redoubles as the prevention and healing of violence becomes an ever-increasing need in our hearts and homes, our streets and communities, in our nation and world. Our research and work echo and affirm the prophetic nature of Mahatma Gandhi's prediction: 'Undreamed of and seemingly impossible discoveries will be made in the field of non-violence.'

Q: Is it possible to win the war against terror?

A: It is possible as globally we now have growing communities of friends, students and practitioners of non-violence who are forming a moral support network and fortifying the collective project of peacemaking all over the world. All of us can do it by anger management, diversity training, relationship and community building.

Q: How can Indian Hindus and Muslims come to terms with their mutual hatred?

A: I think that the heart of a common Hindu or Muslim in India bears no ill will against each other. But sometimes issues like the Ram temple - and 'Vande Mataram' - have been used for political gimmickry to gain electoral mileage in India.

The best method for Indians to come to terms is that voices of sanity from both the communities must take care of the communalist elements. A saner Hindu must sanitise a Hindu communalist and a saner Muslim must sanitise a Muslim communalist within the community.

Q: Is there any remedy for mishaps like the Samjhauta Express - blasts in Panipat in India?

A: Unless peace efforts by all agencies involved are absolute and unconditional, such disasters might continue. These demonic acts are committed by people who have been completely brainwashed. We should try to get in touch with such people and try to brainwash them against terrorism by a process of unlearning.

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: