FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Critics posting outside critics corner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Critics posting outside critics corner Reply with quote

Don't, basically

The occasional post to notify other users of a thread in CC fine, but certain critics are continuously flouting the rules of this forum by regularly posting outside CC.

Enough. Further examples of this will lead to an immediate ban.
johndoe
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you tell 'em iain! can't allow any dissent or debate here. oh no. that would be a travesty.

you keep them all nice and concentrated so you don't have to deal with them, it's not like doing that will give you a bunch of yes men and no real answers. oh no that wouldn't happen at all.

ian neal the chairman of democracy.
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though presumably "Other Controversies" is fine, as it's not 9/11 related?

(p.s. nice nifty bit of work earlier Wink )

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, can we have confirmation of the "legality" of posting in other controversies? Seeing as the rules specify 9/11 critics, not conspiracy critics.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Yes, can we have confirmation of the "legality" of posting in other controversies? Seeing as the rules specify 9/11 critics, not conspiracy critics.

I bet this will be OK Johnny. It's a "libertarian" forum, this.
Anyway, where else could we all agree that Diana was an inside job (for example) ?

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've explained why critics corner exists. Take it or leave it.

And FYI no critics cannot post in other controversies.

John Doe having reviewed your posts I consider you a critic so please post only in CC.

If the critics want to CC moderated or structured differently I will listen to suggestions
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:

John Doe having reviewed your posts I consider you a critic so please post only in CC.

If the critics want to CC moderated or structured differently I will listen to suggestions

Here's one - non 9/11 subjects are fair game. Why wouldn't they be? It's my understanding that Other Controversies was started specificaly to get non-9/11 stuff off the GF.
The alternative is that Moon-hoax theory can only be debated by 9/11 CT believers, which is palpably ridiculous.

johndoe
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"John Doe having reviewed your posts I consider you a critic"

that's odd since you said being a critic meant purely someone who did not see the need for a new report into 9/11

care to point out anything where i have said any different?

"If the critics want to CC moderated or structured differently I will listen to suggestions "

i've already given you a suggestion.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:

9/11 was an inside job. Now can I post on the moon hoax conspiracy?

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for comparison:

http://www.hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50819

I started that thread on 21st Jan 2006, it ran until 25th Feb 2007, and may still get more replies. It is the most viewed, and most replied to thread on the religion section of the Sean Hannity forums.

For those of you who don't know, these forums are frequented by right wing Christian fundamentalists, and the thread pretty much questioned the whole basis of their belief, yet they allowed it to continue. There was never an atheists corner that I was shoved into, or a liberals corner, or whatever. The neocons can do it, but the truth movement can't

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
ian neal wrote:

I disagree, but I do believe there should be a new independent 9/11 enquiry, so I'll see you over at the moon-hoax chatter Cool
pip pip

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
ian neal wrote:

I disagree, but I do believe there should be a new independent 9/11 enquiry, so I'll see you over at the moon-hoax chatter Cool
pip pip

so you will all moan about your freedoms here but defend the taking away of freedoms due to lies in the real world Confused
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the above comment is meant for the thread as a whole, i pressed qoute instead of post reply for some reason, although i was distracted at the time on the phone as well as typing this, doh.
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:

so you will all moan about your freedoms here but defend the taking away of freedoms due to lies in the real world Confused

This is the "strawman fallacy", marky. I think there's a subtle hint of the "false dilemma fallacy" in there too. Look them up.

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:

So you moan about the taking away of freedoms in the real world, but defend the loss of freedom here?

Irony?

ZUCO
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fair. The purpose of this forum is for like minded people to discuss how best to inform the population about the truth of 9/11. Therefore this must come first. Critic's have no genuine reason for being here other than to cause disruption and call us all nutters so you can say it in Critic's Corner. I don't see the problem.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" --Benjamin Franklin--

ZUCO
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZUCO wrote:
I think it's fair. The purpose of this forum is for like minded people to discuss how best to inform the population about the truth of 9/11. Therefore this must come first. Critic's have no genuine reason for being here other than to cause disruption and call us all nutters so you can say it in Critic's Corner. I don't see the problem.

If you're going to inform the population, you need to have the story right. After all, critics are members of the population too. You can't avoid us forever.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
marky 54 wrote:

So you moan about the taking away of freedoms in the real world, but defend the loss of freedom here?

Irony?

the differance is pixels is i have not stated what i think of restrictions here, i have however read your opinons on both subjects, you defend everything that seems like there could be lies which will all lead to lose of freedoms one day, whilst bitchin about not being able to comment in other sections of the forum.

i never gave an opinon on restrictions here, you will however as ever make that decision up for me. i was merely pointing out how it only bothers you when it effects you.

are you a conspiracy theorist to question the rules of the forum when you feel they are unfair or wrong or could be to conspire to keep critics quite?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
ZUCO wrote:

If you're going to inform the population, you need to have the story right. After all, critics are members of the population too. You can't avoid us forever.

no one is stopping you from making your own forum site on 9/11.
so where is your restriction of freedom? you also have freedom to choose if to post here or not.

you know the rules and choose to post here, why is posting here so important? afterall its just a small group of people here isnt it with no evidence? or is it because its your job and you will be unable to counter anything you see needs attention with b*llsh*t, if not i dont see the importance when there are plenty of other forums and you could easily start your own.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
Johnny Pixels wrote:
marky 54 wrote:

Irony?

the differance is pixels is i have not stated what i think of restrictions here, i have however read your opinons on both subjects, you defend everything that seems like there could be lies which will all lead to lose of freedoms one day, whilst bitchin about not being able to comment in other sections of the forum.

So what do you think? Do you think that some people should be restricted on where they can post, just because of their beliefs?

Quote:

i never gave an opinon on restrictions here, you will however as ever make that decision up for me. i was merely pointing out how it only bothers you when it effects you.

I see you're making decisions for me too.

Quote:
are you a conspiracy theorist to question the rules of the forum when you feel they are unfair or wrong or could be to conspire to keep critics quite?

I may well be a conspiracy theorist, but I have evidence for my theory, like moderators telling me to not post outside CC.

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:

so where is your restriction of freedom? you also have freedom to choose if to post here or not.

I'm more concerned with moderators trying to keep me away from you, if you like it or not. Do they decide if you can handle criticism or not? Or can you make your own mind up?

Quote:
you know the rules and choose to post here, why is posting here so important? afterall its just a small group of people here isnt it with no evidence?

Why is confing people to corners so important? There's about 4 of us. There's a corner for 4 people to post in, and the 9/11 truth movement is scared of 4 people? Are we really that dangerous?

Quote:
or is it because its your job

No, I'm an assistant engineer for a consultant engineering company, I wouldn't bother trying with the whole paid shill routine. It's been done.

Quote:
and you will be unable to counter anything you see needs attention with b*llsh*t, if not i dont see the importance when there are plenty of other forums and you could easily start your own.

You can call the truth nonsense if you want, but that doesn't stop it from being true.

If you can't see the importance of you being mollycoddled away from people like me then you might want to ask yourself what the 9/11 truth movement is afraid of.

And look, here's an example. How often do you see the photo of the towers collapsing, with a caption about dust plumes exploding upwards out of it? All the time. It's easily disproved by watching the video, as has been shown by critics. Truthers just let it pass by though. They never pick people up on disproved and false information. Why is that? Why can't the movement ever accept that it is wrong on things? It's almost as if you need to keep as many explanations as you can, because once they've all been disproved, all you have is the official story, and you can't have that, because it doesn't fit how you would like the world to be.

wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never quite understood why critics would want to waste their time posting on a forum that they rarely, if ever agree with the contents of, BUT, I've also never understood why the 'critics' are banished to one section of the forum alone.

I guess the moral of this post is that I don't understand much.
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:

Truthers just let it pass by though. They never pick people up on disproved and false information. Why is that? Why can't the movement ever accept that it is wrong on things?

Amen.

Pyroclastic flow is one of my "favourites" <cough>

It would require anybody caught in the dust cloud to be burnt to death. Didn't happen.
Repeat.
Didn't happen.
I can show you films of people not being burnt to death in the dust clouds. Just walking through them, and away.

Are you there marky ??? It didn't happen. Prof Jones was plain wrong.

Do you want to believe everything Prof Jones says and simply be gullible?

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like restrictions, however the forum has rules and if i want to post here ill stick to them. if i dont like it ill find another forum or start my own, it not like its my job and ive been issued to deal with 9/11 uk truth now is it, therefore the rules are unimportant because i could always move on and have an opinon elsewhere it dosnt restrict my freedom, but i can see paid debunkers having a problem as stuff will be said they cannot smear with bull.

to tackle your second point it was delibrate to assume your thoughts as you do mine, i may as well play along and prove my point right by presuming your thoughts, a tatic you used in your original post and do so in many.

the third point is simple, you dont have to post here. we do however have to live in the world of lies and resrictions to our daily lives and future on a daily bases yet you defend this.

if its so bad just post elsewhere its not like this is the only forum that has imposed restriction on critics to its aim/subject. i feel critics corner is a fine ideal as you can post in relation to any topic that is mentioned elsewhere and have your say and engage in debate without a thread in the general section being spammed by an obsessive with garbage and no evidence and just goes on about how we are all nutters etc etc. if the bcc and simular sites had a simular function i might actually get a message accepted so this freedom of speech thing dosnt seem so bad here to me compared to other major forums. when i complained once on another forum i was simply told my freedom is not restricted as i am not being stopped from posting my opinons elsewhere. sound advise i thought so i pass it on to you.
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickywoowoo wrote:
I've never quite understood why critics would want to waste their time posting on a forum that they rarely, if ever agree with the contents of, BUT, I've also never understood why the 'critics' are banished to one section of the forum alone.

I guess the moral of this post is that I don't understand much.

If I posted on a forum where I agreed with everything, it'd very much a case of "yes. Yes. that's right. Yes" Arguing with people has led me to learn a great deal of science and good sense.

Which one's the greater waste of time?

And part of my job involves creating forms and writing instructions for people who rarely read or follow instructions, as well as trying to get my point across to people who may not have as much knowledge as I do on a topic, so it's all good practice.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
marky 54 wrote:

I'm more concerned with moderators trying to keep me away from you, if you like it or not. Do they decide if you can handle criticism or not? Or can you make your own mind up?

Quote:
you know the rules and choose to post here, why is posting here so important? afterall its just a small group of people here isnt it with no evidence?

Why is confing people to corners so important? There's about 4 of us. There's a corner for 4 people to post in, and the 9/11 truth movement is scared of 4 people? Are we really that dangerous?

Quote:
or is it because its your job

No, I'm an assistant engineer for a consultant engineering company, I wouldn't bother trying with the whole paid shill routine. It's been done.

Quote:
and you will be unable to counter anything you see needs attention with b*llsh*t, if not i dont see the importance when there are plenty of other forums and you could easily start your own.

You can call the truth nonsense if you want, but that doesn't stop it from being true.

If you can't see the importance of you being mollycoddled away from people like me then you might want to ask yourself what the 9/11 truth movement is afraid of.

And look, here's an example. How often do you see the photo of the towers collapsing, with a caption about dust plumes exploding upwards out of it? All the time. It's easily disproved by watching the video, as has been shown by critics. Truthers just let it pass by though. They never pick people up on disproved and false information. Why is that? Why can't the movement ever accept that it is wrong on things? It's almost as if you need to keep as many explanations as you can, because once they've all been disproved, all you have is the official story, and you can't have that, because it doesn't fit how you would like the world to be.

point one: i make up my own mind to engage with critics no one makes that for me why else would i be posting in this section? a section i have never ignored.

point two: there are 4 main ones but there are some who trun up and spam useless comments on almost ever section and rant about ct'ers nutters and the sort. in regards to are they scared of you i dont know what they think i can only answer for myself, and that is no im not which is why i post in here as you need all opinons to come to a conclusion.

point three: so if your not paid and it dosnt effect your job i would'nt worry about it to much and go with what you do have, which is more than what critics(to the offical version) get on bbc forums, at least your messages get submitted here even if they are not in the section you would like.

point four: we both believe differant truths so no point adding to that.

point five: no one is taking me away from debate with you, i have not yet heard of the rules stating i cannot post here however that is mentioned by a critic in the other thread you started maybe you would like to point your point out to them.

points in the last paragragh: firstly the truth movement is not one person therefore everyone admits differant things about differant subjects its unfair to tar us all as not admitting anything when i have done so myself in the past.

however im struggling to remember many examples of critics admitting they were wrong even when proved apart from 1 or 2 people so this goes both ways and its important for you to realise that we both think the same about eachother(meaning 9/11 truth/critics)but sit on opposite sides of the fence in regards to what is true.

we also only had the offical version in the beginging yet thats what aroused suspions for many,things just dont add up. in regards to the "movement" pulling people up when wrong it is noones responsibility to do so, firstly the message could be missed, not read, the person viewing dosnt know about that subject matter etc etc, there could be numerous reasons why, i however when i notice it myself try my best to correct it but only if i know it to be 100% fact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: