FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Times - 15 million Britons to rebel over ID cards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaos Warrior
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Times - 15 million Britons to rebel over ID cards Reply with quote

The government is predicting that some 15m people will revolt against Tony Blair’s controversial ID card scheme by refusing to produce the new cards or provide personal data on demand.

The forecast is made in documents released by the Home Office under the Freedom of Information Act. The papers show ministers expect national protests similar to the poll tax rebellions of the Thatcher era, with millions prepared to risk criminal prosecution.

Opposition MPs said the new documents proved their case that the programme would never work. David Davis, the shadow home secretary, said: “This will cripple the system. Fifteen million is a massive number. What the Home Office is accepting in private, but refuses to accept in public, is that a massive number of ordinary law-abiding citizens simply will not go along with their scheme.”

Davis, whose party’s policy is to scrap the cards, added: “This will render it completely useless as a security or check mechanism of any sort.”

The documents, quietly released during parliament’s Easter break, also show that the government is planning to make ID cards compulsory in 2014, despite the expected revolt.

The first cards are due in 2009, alongside new passports. Labour has said it will make the scheme compulsory if it wins the next election.

All this and some very interesting follow up comments here....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1626768.ece Thumbs Up Smoke

Our dreams do not fit in their ballot boxes!!

www.rinf.com
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be one of them

www.no2id.co.uk

Long Tooth
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats all the fuss? cant you remember when the new improved security for credit cards came out? new chip this, new chip that, all to improve speed and security, result, ID theft is non existant now, lines move incredebly fast as everyone pushes numbers in frantically, when something costs £10, dont pay your tenner in cash, no,no,no, pin them numbers and add hours to peoples lives standing in line.

Just make sure you never lose your ID card or have it stolen, or post questions on forums that undermine government despotism, and we can all live happily ever after with snow white and the 7 Blairs.
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be one of them too Ravenmoon... so that means we only need 14,999,998 more like us two to prove their prediction correct!

Cool
Chaos Warrior
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
I'll be one of them too Ravenmoon... so that means we only need 14,999,998 more like us two to prove their prediction correct!

Cool

Yeehaaa!!!
Make that 14,999,997!! Salute

Our dreams do not fit in their ballot boxes!!

www.rinf.com
Pincher
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliza Bullying Manner (ex 'C' at MI5) would have us believe that the spooks are largely indifferent to the issue of ID Cards. Call me sceptical but I'm not entirely convinced by her statement.

News of the sudden death of the brilliant Chris Lightfoot (former Systems Administrator, NO2ID, and developer of the MySociety site) took three weeks to break. No cause of death has been officially given though one or two in the know seem to think it was suicide. Hmm...

http://www.no2id.net/news/newsblog/?p=547

(one of the comments posted on the site is particularly revealing)
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am ready and waiting to joing those ranks.

I'd be surprised if any among our ranks here weren't united on this issue.

Peace and Truth
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, there are other countries where ID Cards do work, such as Switzerland. However, that is because they have much greater trust with the police and greater power over the state. They have direct democracy and I also believe they have proportional representation. Every two weeks or so, there is a vote on issues of the nation.
Yet in this country, we do not have such things, we do not and can not trust the police. We have minimal powers over the state, they already have enough powers over us already and have abused it repeatedly.

In countries like Switzerland its okay, when was the last time they really complained about "the abuse of powers"?
paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but Switzerland isn't a good example
They hold all the loot, are never invaded, are good for two things aside from cuckoo clocks, the drug cartel HQ and the private bank holdings.
They are the hidden financiers and will thus never be under attack, or feel the need to wage war on others

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the point I made, when have they ever suffered or feared an abuse of powers? Never really. Yet this country is riddled throughout its history till this very day, of abuse of powers. Its like this country is prone to it.
Long Tooth
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pincher wrote:
Eliza Bullying Manner (ex 'C' at MI5) would have us believe that the spooks are largely indifferent to the issue of ID Cards. Call me sceptical but I'm not entirely convinced by her statement.

News of the sudden death of the brilliant Chris Lightfoot (former Systems Administrator, NO2ID, and developer of the MySociety site) took three weeks to break. No cause of death has been officially given though one or two in the know seem to think it was suicide. Hmm...

http://www.no2id.net/news/newsblog/?p=547

(one of the comments posted on the site is particularly revealing)

Hi Pincher, i was under the impression it was Eliza bullshiting Manner, anyway, she and her bumbling cohorts in the dunce/intellegence agencies have a conspiracy theory being peddled every month or so that theres 30, yes 30 plots by terrorists to blow up parts or installations in the UK Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

bearing in mind she and her cronies got maximum publicity for their conspiracy theory (later shown for what it was, a master piece in deception, lies, fakery) of De menezes was sprinting and hurdling barriers with his overcoat on and wires protruding from it, i would have to ask, if she knows of 30 plots, with all the survalance at her disposal, why dosant she pass the information on and arrest them? Maybe its the same sources as whence the De Menezes police released conspiracy files came from?

The points i struggle to accept, are surely on De Menezes route that day there must have been ONE of the hundreds of CCTV cameras actually working, where one image could have been quickly looked at to ascetain that De Menezes was sprinting anywhere, or hurdling a single barrier, or wearing a big thick overcoat, or anything near to resembling wires protruding from his coat? ( its more similar to the keystone cops). Especially as footage was there for everyone to see what truly happened.

So given Elizzie Bullshitting manners past record in misdirection, faking, deception and skyring, i would put her views in the conspiracy files regarding ID cards. As is usual with people of her ilk, whatever they say the opposite is nearer to the truth, De Menezes being a classic in misdirection, deception etc. Still it always helps to have 'the team' of investigators on your side for a home run during an inquiry years later.
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Tooth wrote:
Pincher wrote:
...News of the sudden death of the brilliant Chris Lightfoot (former Systems Administrator, NO2ID, and developer of the MySociety site) took three weeks to break. No cause of death has been officially given though one or two in the know seem to think it was suicide. Hmm...

http://www.no2id.net/news/newsblog/?p=547 ...

I am not sure about this... erm.. Eliza person, however there seems to be a lot of people dropping dead here and there, conveniently for some.
Ravenmoon
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They thought menezes was a suicide bomber but let him get the bus to the tube even though a 'suicide bomber' had just blown a bus up outside the tavistock institute ????
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to watch out for biometrics and databasing creeping into other areas.

It pissed me off when I went to Specsavers and they even took my address, I should have objected. I was also wondering if, as part of your eye test they take a retina scan and save it?

Can anyone recomend a non NWO opticians?
paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a speccy person, I would say that Specsavers are an absolutely crappy firm and best avoided. They are generally hostile and their prescriptions are incorrect and their glasses break real easy
Avoid them and their 2 4 1 offers - they are the bleakest end of the optical industry
I'm sure they will cover all new labour and successor demands
I hate to give a boost to anyone, but Vision Express provided a very friendly service, got me a new set within two hours and they've so far stood up to my punishing rituals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: