FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat12May - LEEDS - AGM of UK 9/11 Truth Campaign

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Sat12May - LEEDS - AGM of UK 9/11 Truth Campaign Reply with quote

I writing to announce that the AGM of the 9/11 Truth Campaign (Britain and Ireland) will be held in Leeds between 12pm and 6pm on 12th May 2007 (venue TBA).

The purpose of the AGM is to report back on the last year, agree the accounts, and elect the Steering Committee for the following year.

The Steering Committee is currently:

Chair: Ian Crane (standing down)
Vice-Chairs: Justin Walker (North and Political Campaigning), Andrew Baker (South and Events Co-ordination), and Morgan Stack (Ireland).
Treasurer: Belinda McKenzie
Secretary: Annie Machon

Under the terms of the constitution, the new Steering Committee will consist of people elected to the above positions, as well as people elected to represent each regional group.

Please email or PM me with nominations for the Steering Committee. The closing date for nominations is 1st May 2007.

The AGM will also be a chance to discuss policy and strategy for the following year.

Each group can send two representatives with voting rights to the AGM. Please email or PM me once this has been decided.

The AGM will be hosted by the West Yorkshire truth groups. They are also arranging a Truth Festival for the rest of the weekend for other activists who would like to take the opportunity to meet people from around the country. Once again, I should be grateful if people could contact me if they wish to attend, so that West Yorks has some idea of numbers planning to attend.

I include below the relevant sections of the Constitution for information.

Regards

Annie

Constitution:

1. The name of the Campaign shall be “The 911 Truth Campaign (Britain & Ireland)”. This will be a separate entity which complements the existing 9/11 Truth network.
2. The purpose and object of the Campaign is to promote the network’s belief that the official version of the events of 11th September 2001 in the USA is a cover up and in many instances a travesty of the truth.
3. The Campaign shall not have members, only supporters. Supporters shall be deemed to be those who support the general aim of the Campaign and have registered this commitment in a way that is recognisable by others . Supporters with voting rights consist only of those who are willing to put in time and/or funds towards the Campaign and who are vouched for by their regional group.
4. The Campaign recognises formally run regional groups which comprise at least five supporters vouched for by the Committee.
7. The management and control of the Campaign shall be vested in a Steering Committee, which shall consist of the following officers, who will be elected annually at the A.G.M (Annual General Meeting):
a. Chairperson;
b. Vice Chairperson;
c. Secretary; and
d. Treasurer.
8. In addition, one member elected from each of the regional 911 truth groups shall be on the Steering Committee.
9. Seven members of the Steering Committee, at least two of whom shall be elected Officers, shall constitute a quorum for the committee. There shall be at least four Committee meetings a year (spring, summer, autumn & winter) at such times or places as the Committee shall direct.
10. The AGM of the Campaign shall be held within three months of the end of the financial year.
11. At the AGM the chair shall be taken by the Chairperson, or in his/her absence by the Vice Chairperson of the Committee. Twenty-five supporters shall constitute a quorum at the AGM. Motions at the AGM can only be passed by a majority of two-thirds.
12. A Special General Meeting (SGM) shall be convened if ten or more supporters of the Campaign submit a written request to the Secretary. Such a meeting shall be held within thirty days of such a request. Agenda & motions shall be circulated to all Steering Committee members and affiliated regional groups. Motions at an SGM can only be passed by a majority of two-thirds.
13. No alterations of the rules of the Constitution shall be made except at the AGM or at a SGM called for that purpose. Alterations can only be passed by a majority of two-thirds.
14. Should an elected office fall vacant, the remaining Steering Committee may fill that vacancy either from among their number until the next AGM or by calling an election.
15. The Treasurer shall keep an account of all income and expenditure and shall submit accounts, duly audited, to the AGM. The Campaign’s financial year ends on March 31.

Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie, I have so much respect for you and your beliefs, and have indeed met you in glasgow twice (first time with you and David at St Stephens church and the second time at William Rodriguez at Glasgow Uni... At the William Rodriguez event, You were on your mobile in the entrance of the building (after your introduction speech) and I was out having a cigarette, due to the smoking ban in Scotland of course, and when I came back in I just gave you a wink and approving nod... you gave me a wee nod back... Anyway... It is hard to express this communication in text, but I know you would know me to see me!)

Anyway, I'm diverging...
Quote:
3. The Campaign shall not have members, only supporters. Supporters shall be deemed to be those who support the general aim of the Campaign and have registered this commitment in a way that is recognisable by others . Supporters with voting rights consist only of those who are willing to put in time and/or funds towards the Campaign and who are vouched for by their regional group.

...The problem I have with this above note is that... What is the final objective of the 9/11 truth movement?

...In the long term?

...I just dont see a campaign with "Only Supporters" as being able to build the necessary momentum to defeat the tyranny we endure?

There has to come a time where we are able to unite and focus on the issues? Put it this way, the only way 9/11 truth is going to become 'a serious issue'... is when we organise and force it into the main-stream.... until then we can continue to be a RAG-TAG bunch of 'lefties'.

To be honest, I 'REALLY' do not want to be the one who bears this bad news.... but, as long as the 9/11 truth movement has this 'limited' focus... it will not develop! and it will continue to be as ineffective as it is at the moment!

Peace.

Regards,

Brian.
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Leeds Truth Festival Reply with quote

Annie (or someone from W Yorks) - Please could you just clarify what you mean by 'Truth festival', ie what does the local group have in mind for the weekend? If it's films and speakers etc then I'd like to go. (But if it was only some kind of dancey thing like wot I know these young 'uns are into, I won't bother to make the trek!)
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe a room's been booked for the AGM. I think there may well be some social event for the evening to follow, maybe even with some live music.
It has been mooted that the speakers who are going to be in town for the AGM, might like to do a presentation on a 'truth' topic or topics, in the days preceding, or Sunday following,probably a movie or 2 shown. An attempt to link up with other groups who have in some way sympathetic aims - anti-war/pro-peace, anti-ID pro-freedom, - to get involved with their own versions of 'truth'.
And, yes, maybe even a bit of dancing somewhere, but not in fields or mosh pits.

MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Truth fest Reply with quote

Thanks dh - hope you can make it the Sunday for some presentations, so the non-conference weekenders can make it to something edumakashional. Cool
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things are still being sorted Madge. Looks like there might be some kind of educational thing on the Friday evening, Saturday evening's proving 'difficult' at the moment, Sunday evening's looking like a musical blast of the sort you might disdain. Sunday afternoon might be a good time for a presentation of the type you seek.I'm thinking of either the more technical or the more esoteric stuff What do you think? I'll try and push for this if you want. I realise some people might be constrained tightly to the w/e. Why would you avoid the AGM itself? In this movement even the most boring of business type meetings can prove entertaining in themselves. There's other things to do in Leeds on a Saturday afternoon though. Shopping or something....
paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideas are now being firmed up for the weekend Friday to Sunday, so forgive my scattered replies. Uselesseater and Anthony B are doing the leg work on this, and it's beginning to take shape. So I would advise making a space in the diary from Fri 11th evening to Sunday late at least if you possibly can
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh and the other organisers - thanks for all your efforts, I'm sure it'll be a great weekend.

Re the AGM - I (mis)understood from Annie’s post above that only 2 people could go from each group. I guess that means only 2 who can vote, then. I had imagined the AGM would be a dry-as-dust affair but if you think there may be something of interest I’ll see if the agenda appears…

Re presentation(s) – Sunday afternoon does sound ideal – not sure what you mean by ‘esoteric’ but personally I’m especially interested in the ‘taboo’ subjects such as whether or not hijacked planes were at all involved, what might have caused the total destruction of the towers (mini-nukes? beam weapons? etc). A debate or presentation of alternative theories would be grand, IMO, if anyone was up for it.
Sixy
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

Sorry to add to the ever growing list of questions regarding the AGM weekend!

Can I just ask what the purpose of events outside of the AGM meeting are? In other words, are the events going to be open to the general public to attend or restricted to members/supporters of the Truth Campaign?

Also, I too would like some clarification on the AGM as MadgeB asks! Are any members of the Truth Campaign able to attend, or only those with voting rights?

Thanks, and sorry again for another question when you are in the busy process of organising the weekend! Well done and thanks also to the West Yorkshire group for organising the weekend.

Sixy.

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
Anyway, I'm diverging...
Quote:

...The problem I have with this above note is that... What is the final objective of the 9/11 truth movement?

...In the long term?

...I just dont see a campaign with "Only Supporters" as being able to build the necessary momentum to defeat the tyranny we endure?

There has to come a time where we are able to unite and focus on the issues? Put it this way, the only way 9/11 truth is going to become 'a serious issue'... is when we organise and force it into the main-stream.... until then we can continue to be a RAG-TAG bunch of 'lefties'.

To be honest, I 'REALLY' do not want to be the one who bears this bad news.... but, as long as the 9/11 truth movement has this 'limited' focus... it will not develop! and it will continue to be as ineffective as it is at the moment!

Peace.

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian

Apologies for the delay in replying - travelling again! I remember Glasgow well, and it's amazing how many interesting people you meet outside having a fag. Unfortunately, I have a bet with William to give up by June, so not for much longer!

Just to clarify. The truth movement is indeed a "movement", where concerned people can work together or go off and do anything they feel able or moved to do. And that's its beauty and strength.

In terms of the formal Campaign, we had to draw up a constitution for legal purposes. It exists for a limited number of roles: political and media lobbying, fundraising, and organising national events. In order to ensure that it was not too hierarchical and not too easily hijacked, it was drawn up in the manner you've seen. Also, we wanted to keep it relatively fluid and self-starting. But we had to have some sort of idea about who were recognised activists, who could then participate in the AGM and vote over strategy and decisions. Which is where the definitions come from.

In terms of 12/13th May, I think it's a great opportunity for as many people as possible to get together, meet each other and compare notes/brainstorm. In terms of the voting at the formal AGM, that will be restricted to proven activists who are nominated from around the country, just in order to provide a basic protection. But I look forward to meeting many more people there.

We have achieved a lot in the last year or so, and we're beginning to get more coverage in the MSM. But, more importantly, people from all sorts of backgrounds are beginning to question 911 and see this as a way of attacking the illegal wars and the erosion of our freedoms. And 911 acts as a portal to many related subjects. This is what we have to build on.

Regards

Annie

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixy wrote:
Hiya,

Sorry to add to the ever growing list of questions regarding the AGM weekend!

Can I just ask what the purpose of events outside of the AGM meeting are? In other words, are the events going to be open to the general public to attend or restricted to members/supporters of the Truth Campaign?

Also, I too would like some clarification on the AGM as MadgeB asks! Are any members of the Truth Campaign able to attend, or only those with voting rights?

Thanks, and sorry again for another question when you are in the busy process of organising the weekend! Well done and thanks also to the West Yorkshire group for organising the weekend.

Sixy.

Sorry not to be more clear on things. They are coming together. Most importantly we need Ian Crane and David Shayler to reply in a hurry to requests so we can at least verify the weekend.
Apart from possibly the AGM?, the most parts would be also available to the general public. That's the whole point of putting on a festival around the AGM
Also to attract local press coverage.
And there's also the option of covering the days leading up to the weekend

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briefly it's looking like this
Friday evening Tony Gosling on Bilderberg et al
Saturday afternoon AGM at the Adelphi
Saturday evening unclear - possibly commencing with evening meal at grooviest curry house in Leeds - Pending
Sunday afternoon, Ian Crane with occult hand and others
Sunday evening, musical event

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Can I just ask everyone to let me know who will be representing thier groups at the AGM? The W Yorks group is doing wonderful work in organising this weekend, but it would help them enormously if they had an idea of numbers i) for delegates and ii) for activists who want to attend the Truth Festival. There are some free beds available, on a first come first served basis, but priority will be given to delegates who need to be there.

Can I also remind you that nominations for the Committee need to reach me by cop 1 May 2007. Please either PM me or email me.

Regards

Annie

paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: AGM and Leeds Truth festival Reply with quote

Provisional agenda
See 11th-13th May dates
Bliars resigning period - nice
We should all be updated by then

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for that Paul.

Our AGM is one of our key events for the year yet theres no information yet on venue details and its not even posted on the calender here and I can find no mention on our official website (www.911truthcampaign.net) about it.

At the Lancaster Truth campaign public showing of 911 Press for Truth we were asked by a young lady who is studying in Leeds were the AGM was being held as she expressed an interest in attending this as well as the Truth events surrounding the AGM.

As I was unable to answer the queries I referred her to this website and advised that she follow the thread for details as they became available, including hopefully a map/directions.

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes well just to be clear it's at the Adelphi, Leeds on 12th May starting around noon
http://www.theadelphi.co.uk/

A veggie buffet meal will be available

Map

It'll actually more likely to start around 1 and continue to maybe 6, allowing time for a workshop or two at the end. Another event may be arranged for the evening, dependent on finding a venue, and note that there are events on the Friday and Sunday.

LEEDS TRUTH CAMPAIGN PRESENTS
Leeds Truth Festival
11-13th May 2007

Friday 11th May - Burley Liberal Club, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS4 2ET - Doors @ 7.00 - 11.00
The Bilderberg Group – by Tony Gosling
Secret Societies - by Joseph Skelton
Admission - Voluntary Donation of £2.00

Saturday 12th May - TBC
Events for Saturday are still to be confirmed

Sunday 13th May - Adelphi, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 1JQ - Doors @ 12.00 - 18.00
The Occult Hand … from 9/11 to 2012 – by Ian R. Crane
Hyperdimensional Influence on Planetary Geology – by Anthony M Beckett
Medicine / Health - by Sareeta Webre
(to be confirmed) - by (to be confirmed)
Skylines and Cloudbusters - by Andrew Johnson
Admission - Voluntary Donation of £3.00

Sunday 13th May - Mixing Tin, 9a Albion Street, Leeds LS1 5AA - Doors @ 15.00 - 23.00
Leeds Truth Campaign Band Night
Admission - TBC

Organised by
http://www.truthleeds.co.uk/

paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accommodation in supporters homes is being co-ordinated I think, by Anthony. Until I get that confirmed I've got a bit of an overnight arrangement, so pm me in the meantime
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped for the AGM Leeds
12th May

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great - should be a good weekend. Well done to the Yorkshire groups for organising all this.

Moderators, can you merge this thread with the earlier AGM one, so that everyone can see the purpose and terms of the AGM?

Many thanks

Annie

TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic renewed and locked to flag on front page

now being discussed here
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=8423

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: