FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1 to 7 DVD/CD Burner for £300!!! 18x-speed DVD BURNING!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: 1 to 7 DVD/CD Burner for £300!!! 18x-speed DVD BURNING!! Reply with quote

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?E10-1-7

Can anyone else find any better deals on 1-7 burners? I am saving up for one this month, its going to break my finance, but... its so worth it and I need one desperately, so do others. Its not just for my use of course.

Would Rob, Tim and Reflecter be interested in these, or have they better places to buy better ones from?

At the moment they have none in stock, I have emailed them asking them when it will be back in stock.
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=9914&category_id= 425

Reflecter told me that this is a better buy, and you can get for a bit extra, a 160GB HD with it also, which is very useful for repetitive burns.

wish this one was still available, its very cheap http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/108995
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/108995 Thats just the case and controller unit and would cost for the 8 drives required. Admittedly its a good route as prices have dropped considerably for a self build.

The CCL online one isnt an 18x controller which NOVATECH claim. Evil or Very Mad

Just 16x but then finding even 16x media that actually works isn't that likely. On top of that, Edgedupes site doesnt mention that the p727 controller is even capapable of 18x speed burning http://www.edge10.com/dupe.htm so NOVATECH is lying that it can, whilst selling you only slightly more expensive 18x drives that will never reach that speed even if reliable media plays catch up.

Regardless, these are godsend machines and well worth the cost. I simply doubt an 18x version is possible unless the controller unit from edge10 is capable, therefore paying more for 18x drives is a con for now.

Told you I hate NOVATECH! Laughing

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... someone should complain to them, for being so cheeky.

Also... I am wondering, if we should just do what Tim and Rob do, which is just to fill all the slots on your PC with Burners. If everyone did that, it would perhaps be less organised, but perhaps a lot cheaper.

Perhaps I should just do that, it does seem much cheaper to build your own one.
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know Tim and Rob but that method also sounds interesting. Is it possible to run multiple burners simultaneously from within windows, under Nero say? Its certainly a good option if possible for those with massive cases and loads of spare 5.5 bays. Doesnt it massively slow down the pc in question though?

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lecturer always goes on about how Intel Processors are the best for burning, they are able to handle that better than AMDs, AMDs seem to be much more focused for gaming and graphics, whilst Intel is more suited to the actual hardware things, like read/write to disk.

I suppose, it will slow down the PC quite a lot. If someone knows of how this can be done using a linux os, which in my opinion is always going to be more efficient than windows in carrying out operations.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reflecter wrote:
I dont know Tim and Rob but that method also sounds interesting. Is it possible to run multiple burners simultaneously from within windows, under Nero say? Its certainly a good option if possible for those with massive cases and loads of spare 5.5 bays. Doesnt it massively slow down the pc in question though?

I run 2 burners simultaneously - most of the data transfer is done by the DMA controller, so there is very little impact on PC performance, except a little "blip" during lead in for each disc. If your PC has SATA, then using Nero 6, you should be able to run up to 4 IDE burners at once. With SVP selling pioneer drives for about 20 notes each, it can be fairly cheap....

Andrew

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the info Andrew. Of possible future use. As I said im currently running a duplicator but have a spare pc that may take that route in future aswell.

One of Manchester guys does something similar with a linux set up but I dont know the details.

Hope you are well anyway

Regards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: