FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unusual drills at work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZUCO
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Unusual drills at work! Reply with quote

I work for the Inland Revenue in Manchester and last week we had a bomb drill where we were told to switch off all mobile phones and we were then herded into one corner of the building (not evacuated). It seemed strange to group us all in one corner of the building, what if that's where the bomb was? Confused They said it was the first of a series of drills that are going to be carried out.

I thought this drill was strange and then considered the drills that were carried out on 9/11 and 7/7. I'm not sure what to think of it.Should I be worried?

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" --Benjamin Franklin--

ZUCO

Last edited by ZUCO on Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Into one corner of the building? That does sound odd. Is it reinforced?

If you're getting the paranoia, you could take your battery out your phone next time.

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch someone corrall me into a corner of a building when there is a bomb scare!!! Shocked

Wild horses could not drag me back in there after I had made a bolt for it... as far away as possible ! Confused

My advice to you... run like hell! They told office workers in the twin towers to go back to their offices... and look what happened to them!
alwun
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: bombs away. Reply with quote

Bongo is correct.
Whilst the IR may be paying your wages, they do not seem to be too concerned for your personal safety. You have no legal obligation to 'stand in a corner' during a bomb alert. You may instead, for example, feel under obligation to your intelligent desire to survive, which means getting out of the building. Then let them sue you for disobedience in open court if they please. As it happens there should be policies in place for evacuation to pre-arranged muster points. Also, if someone tells you to switch off your mobile phone - demand a sensible and complete explanation. The feudal age is over, at least on the mainland.

cheers Al..
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think H&S laws state you are responsible for your own safety don't they?

Last time I was in a building subject to a bomb scare we adjourned to the nearest pub about half a mile away. The official line was to stand in the corridoors away from the windows. Wink Like that would have made a difference to a detonation.

I think in these situations it is important to follow your instincts as they usually prove to be right.
wepmob2000
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busker wrote:
I think H&S laws state you are responsible for your own safety don't they?

According to the H&S rules you have a responsibility for your own and co-workers safety, so you would be well within your rights to tell everyone to leave the building ASAP.

The switching off mobile phones bit is correct, as would be not using any walkie talkies if you had them, but its the first bomb drill I've ever heard of that potentially moves you closer to the bomb!?

Personally I would worry if my workplaces bomb drills were like yours.......
elohim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in security management for a well known UK firm & can testify that it is NEVER acceptable or standard practice to stay in or near the building.

The normal procedure is the evacuate via the nearest available exit, as long as it is safe to do so.

There is no acceptable reason to herd you into an area of the building. During a bomb threat the location of the device or claimed device can sometimes be gained, either from the caller or from CCTV or physical sight.

In the instance above, it would be normal to divert people from their normal evacuation route, IF it passed or was nearby to the device.

We issue all our employees with a bomb checklist conating questions to ask if YOU receive a telephone threat of a bomb.

Do the Inland Revenue issue these to staff?

An example of a checklist can be found below.

http://www.cpni.gov.uk/docs/Bomb%20threat%20checklist.pdf

Not using a cell phone is correct.

Remember, you want to get out & away from the building as quickly & safley as possible.

El
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: