FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gail Trimble - Celebrate clever woman icon, like

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplesimon
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Gail Trimble - Celebrate clever woman icon, like Reply with quote

You've probably heard about Gail Trimble, star of University Challenge.

I heard PM yesterday, and it seemed to me that the nasty comments they told us about were driven by the low self worth of the *ossers complaining about her.

She was on the Morning Lies show on BBC this morning, and she came across as honest, intelligent, interesting and interested, eloquent, genuinely modest, and not a bad bit of skirt to boot. Lovely, in lot's of ways.

A viewer proposed marriage to her.

- by text message.

If I was half my age, she might be just what I wanted, I thought, indulging in a little innocent fantasy.

But then she ruined it for me.

First of all by endorsing the idea that the unkind comments were driven by sexyism. I just don't buy that. I'd take a bright woman every time, as long as she's a bit of a babe as well. I don't know any man who wouldn't. It looks to me like the scribblers have focussed on the few comments that suggest that it's misojernist (if genuine), 'cos they are hypnotised by mind bending schemes of dividing the masses down the middle and setting each half against each other - in this case, "The Battle of the Sexes".

Then, when the Ken-doll told her "we should all celebrate your success", she immediately agreed.

Can anyone tell me why I should, indeed how I could, "celebrate her success"?

I mean, what absolute bollox. The idiot box gets worse by the day.

Am I to throw a party? With ice-cream, jelly and paper hats?

We're always being told we have to "celebrate" things. F**k that. We're going to hell in a handcart. Don't try to tell me what makes me happy, you mind bending slimeballs.

Sadly, she didn't take the perfect opportunity to talk about deliberate dumbing down. By now, I'm thinking my younger self could do better.

Then, after this obsequious lesson in PC s**t, Ken-doll revealed that she's had offers to get her tits out for the lads. Laughs all round.

Having failed to elicit a yes from her, and concluding it wasn't going to happen, he made great play of being disappointed. Hilarious.

============================
They also had that children's presenter with one and a half arms. Ken-doll actually thought that the very idea of "The Editors" discussing with her how she would handle her disability on air, was, in itself, "un-PC".

They really played a blinder with this PC mind control thing. When they launched it, the "reactionary" press told us it was dangerous intellectual tyranny. They were right, of course. But we we all lapping up the "progressive" message and feeling good about not being "reactionary". The natural bullies of the world took to excoriating folks who were not keeping up with their training, and they are still doing so.

Now, we don't have PC - we have "PC gone mad", which of course instantly legitimises PC, while at the same time suggesting that you are free to reject the most extreme doctrines. The fundamental fact that you are being told what you can and cannot think is forgotten. Now, everyone accepts that being so told is normal and ok. As long as it doesn't go "mad".

We're in such big trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Bigger Picture All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: