FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Pentagon Incident

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: The Pentagon Incident Reply with quote

KP50 would also like discussed what he calls rather strangely "the Pentagon incident" as he says it is obvious that many witnesses are lying. He would like it proved why the "lamp strike" crew are correct while the Citgo crowd are all lying with exactly the same story. He does not care to explain much, he says if you don't understand what he is talking about, maybe you need to do more research .....
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush Whacker,
I'd agree with KP on this one, although I wouldn't say any witnesses were lying per se.

The witnesses interviewed in the PentaCon (have you seen this yet?) are probably the most important, as they are the three with a standing vantage point of the Pentagon and one with a clear vantage point of the Navy annex.

With each all that is really needed is to answer "did it go this side or the other side of this building?" in order to confirm whether the flight data or the "official" flight path is correct. Furthermore each drew an estimated flight path onto an ariel photograph which matched each other well and without any deliberation between them.

The position that if they are telling the truth others must be lying does not sit true either. To understand this you have to understand how the memory works, and how this relates to eye witness accounts.

I've been using a general political forum for some time, after seeing this film I brought it up there and the immediate response was "what about all the people who SAW it hit the light poles". So I had a look at their testimoney, among them I found one of the pentagon police officers who in the film admitted he hadn't seen that really at all.

[PP]"Well you can't really see them from here, but I know it hit them because I read it"

What he had in fact done was to insert something he considered he knew about the incident as an illustrative point to work with what he saw:

"It was flying low; so low it hit some light poles"

He SAW it flying low, he ILLUSTRATED that point by inserting the information about the light poles.

Looking through the testimoney there is no absolutley explicit piece of testimoney where I could not consider a similar "illustrative" use of the reported light poles was inserted, except of course the taxi driver, whoes testimony is bizarre and inconsistant.

What is important to remember is three key points:

1) Even for the witnesses best placed, this incident happened over .5 to 2 seconds. In reality there is very little sense data the mind can process in this time and it creativly merges the little it captures into a coherent event. This is the basis of all "sleight of hand" tricks magicians perform, through part distraction and part speed of action they trick the brain into thinking they saw something they didn't. The real series of impressions a person can have had was "Big plane! Flying low! Straight at pentagon! Huge fire ball" The mind then weaves a more coherent memory out of what was in reality a confusing flash of images, when the person learns (or believes they have learned) more about the incident the memory creativley refines further.

2) The overwhelming majority of witnesses were in fast moving cars on highways (or motorways to us), not only did they have virtually no time to take in these events, they were not at a standing point and judging exactly where the plane flew would be a lot more difficult. This alone makes the PentaCon witnesses of a far greater value than the bulk of other witnesses.

3) The PentaCon properly interviews the witnessess and delves into vauge statements, it takes estimated flight paths and asks all the logical questions. Before this the body of testimony regarding this event was a sentance to a short paragraph in newspapers, on TV and in reports on the event. Look how eaily the PentaCon cop who previously claimed to have seen light poles being hit clarified the truth with a simple question "did you actually see them?" we can't question a line of text like this. You also cannot discern what flight path they are even claiming. There was an assumption in the forum I use and I'm sure you are making it as well, that every witness not in the PentaCon is claiming the official flight path, when in fact that is not clear at all because there are no questions about exactly where the plane was in the snippets of testimony we previously had.

Further more, these four witnesses are not the sum total the Citizen's Investigation Team's work. A "Researchers Edition" is due out soon, delayed, as I understand, because they have a new 15th witness to add to the existing 14 in that copy. They claim all of them in fact back up a flight path which (unsurprisingly) supports that found on the FDR readout and animation than the official story's suggested path.

Let's just wait and see.

I'll finish with a question I always wonder about critics. How strong are your minds?

A verse in the Tao Te Ching states that the tree which does not bend in the breeze will snap in a storm; pointing out that mental flexibility is strength while single minded and dogged adherence to a pre formed view, while appearing strong, is infact a sign of weakness.

I try and keep this verse with me at all times. Take the Pentagon. While at first I bought the argument that the damage done to the pentagon couldn't have been done by a Boeing, I was provided information by someone I was debating that, while incredibly unliekly, it was not impossible that this did happen. At that point I dropped the Pentagon as a subject of discussion. When the FDR and PentaCon came out I again changed my thinking on the issue as there was now strong evidence to suggest the official story was false.

I am willing to drop alternate theory elements when they prove untennable, but are you guys EVER going to drop a part of the official story (WTC7 for example, or what we are discussing here) when the evidence out weights the official story, as in these cases it has.

What I am asking, I supose, is whether your aim is to find the truth, or to not back down at any costs, regardless of the evidence?

Peace and Truth
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the "infinite argumentativeness" approach. Take a discrepancy, ignore the fact that it is totally irrelvant to anything, and try to make a huge issue out of it. This is where the 911 truth is going, sadly, as the big conspiracy machine struggles to keep the required flow of new "evidence", new stories, new REVENUE.

Quote:
"Big plane! Flying low! Straight at pentagon! Huge fire ball"

That's what they saw, that's what everyone agrees, that's what happened. I'm not standing by the official story blindly, I just refuse to get bogged down in pointless arguments.

"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pointless arguments" presumably being those you have no answer for?

Peace and Truth
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plane either took a path to hit the lamp posts or it didn't. The flight recorder and Citgo gas station witnesses suggest it didn't - and you are left with the taxi driver with the smashed windscreen and undamaged bonnet. Ergo somebody is lying, they can't all be correct - unless there were actually 2 planes ......
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP,
After saying nobody was lying, I did qualify that the Taxi drivers testimoney was inconsistant. He is either very confused or lying. On the C.I.T. forum there is a thread about an interview they did with him, and it seemed fairly inconsistant even with itself, not to say completley inconsistant with all other solid evidence. He was also described as a bit senile and confused.

The two photographs of the taxi appear to be in two separate places, as you rightly point out, the damage done to the cab is not at all consistant with a light pole hitting it, and the whole scene appears stages.

The light poles themselves suffer odd damage, one of them bent at a right angle and one (so I read anyway) having actually been knocked AWAY from the direction of the pentagon. None of them were knocked far from the initial positions, suggesting an airliner flying hundreds of miles an hour hit them, they seem very much placed.

Peace and Truth
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Pointless arguments" presumably being those you have no answer for?
Who would have guess that asking you the relevance would leave you stumped. As I said, infinite argumentativeness. You are not looking for answers, you are looking for questions.

The objective is to create a conspiracy theory. A plane hit the Pentagon. People saw a plane hit the pentagon. The plane was headed for the Pentagon, and hasn't been seen since. Plane parts were found. DNA was found. The MO was the same as the planes in NYC. Yet you are still scrambling around, trying to find inconsistencies - not inconsistencies which point to a more logical, more likely explanation, just inconsistencies for their own sake so you can claim that there must have been some sort of conspiracy.

Five years now people have been trying to do this at the Pentagon - even the troofers admit many of the theories were junk, although they always cling to the "new, improved" version - yet never at any point has anyone explained how it could possibly make sense to do anything other than fly the plane into the Pentagon. Any other explanation leads to the same result - plane gone, Pentagon damanged, yet greatly increases the complexity and scope of the conspiracy, and offers no discernable advantages.

But that's the conspiracy theory way. Don't take the simplest, most logical explanation. Look for the most complicated, least logical explanation - or better yet, as you have found, don't look for any explanation at all.

"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepik,
So basically you are saying you refuse to offer any explanation for the descrepancies between what the FDR and witness statements showed and the government stated?

It becomes "irrelevant" when you can't answer it right?

OK mate, I'll leave you to it Rolling Eyes

Peace and Truth
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm saying i'm very excited to hear your alternative theory and why it makes more sense than the official story. Arguing about lamposts, no, not really interested, although if you'd like to elaborate on the CIA lampost dislodgers, go ahead.

Until the entirely of the alternative explanation for what happened at the Pentagon makes more sense than the entirely of the official story, I will go with the most plausible scenario.

Its like a court case. Both sides make cases, one side wins. So far you are a loser.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
I'm saying i'm very excited to hear your alternative theory and why it makes more sense than the official story. Arguing about lamposts, no, not really interested, although if you'd like to elaborate on the CIA lampost dislodgers, go ahead.

Until the entirely of the alternative explanation for what happened at the Pentagon makes more sense than the entirely of the official story, I will go with the most plausible scenario.

Its like a court case. Both sides make cases, one side wins. So far you are a loser.

Laughing
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like a courtcase my *** , if it was like a courtcase why are they scared of it being on t.v. so the jury(the general public can decide)? sack rossie o'donnell etc, why they scared of her if the offical version is true?

they carnt have it on t.v because as soon as it is and people study it for themselves its obvious!

debunk 9/11 truth with ridicule rather than facts! just like you pepik.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we have a number of witnesses who saw a plane go North of the Citigo gas station, although how far North varies, a number of witnesses who saw it hit lamp poles, many of them not in fast-moving cars at all, but stationary in traffic, and some downed lamp poles. Pentacon claim that the position of the lamp poles is not consistent with their witnesses, and say those positions are the "official story" As one of their witnesses says, what official story? They kept waving about the ASCE Building Performance Report, written by volunteers from a professional body, as though it was official. It does not anyway plot the position of the lamp poles, as far as I can see. so in essence what we seem to have is one lot of eye witnesses collected by internet researchers contradicting an analysis of fallen lamp poles done by another internet researcher. Not much of a smoking gun really!

What eye witnesses actually saw in a truly terrifying split second is never going to be very reliable, but the physical evidence is difficult to fake.

What is missing is any suggestion of why the supposed plotters would go to immense trouble to indicate a wrong flight path by somehow managing to plant unobserved a collection of lamp poles, battered as though hit by a plane, and remove the existing ones in such a way as to be consistant with them being knocked over. Why would anyone do that?

Why do the Pentacon people believe their police witnesses about where the plane flew over, but do not believe them that it hit the Pentagon? Why do they not establish properly that what they are seeking to disprove is in some sense an official account? The film is a self-indulgent effort by people who are so immersed in detail that they cannot see the bigger picture at all.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:

If there is an elephant sitting on your couch do you refuse to believe it is there? Because it is implausible that they could have led the elephant in without you noticing and anyway, why would anyone want to put an elephant on your couch? But there it is, ruining the springs ..... what an odd world you inhabit.

The reason why the Pentagon is a confused issue is because the photos after impact do not look like a large plane has hit a relatively small building. The lamp posts are critical because they do not usually fall for no reason - if they have fallen one must presume they were struck by the plane and witnesses say things to this effect. If the FDR data indicates that the plane wasn't on that path, and a group of eye-witnesses say it wasn't on that path - that seems like pretty big news to me as it implies that somebody has planted evidence.

I wonder why a mainstream documentary maker doesn't take this one on, it would be a massive story to break.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:

What eye witnesses actually saw in a truly terrifying split second is never going to be very reliable, but the physical evidence is difficult to fake.

What is missing is any suggestion of why the supposed plotters would go to immense trouble to indicate a wrong flight path by somehow managing to plant unobserved a collection of lamp poles, battered as though hit by a plane, and remove the existing ones in such a way as to be consistant with them being knocked over. Why would anyone do that?

Why do the Pentacon people believe their police witnesses about where the plane flew over, but do not believe them that it hit the Pentagon? Why do they not establish properly that what they are seeking to disprove is in some sense an official account? The film is a self-indulgent effort by people who are so immersed in detail that they cannot see the bigger picture at all.

You seem to be confusing yourself over this one - the reason why the Pentacon doco postulates about a fly-over is because there is minimal evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a large jet. Because there is no footage of the impact, pretty much all we know about the incident comes from eye-witnesses. Many of these eye-witnesses state exactly what happened (airliner just over my head while in car, clipping lamp-poles etc etc) yet there is no verification that they were even on that road when it happened.

The significance of the eye-witnesses from the Pentacon doco is that they are proven to be where they say they were when it happened. And they all say it was nowhere near the road and the lamp-poles - which is a strange coincidence don't you think? Now you may say there is no official story that says the plane hit the lamp-poles - so maybe it didn't and the lamp-poles fell for another reason? What reason do you think that was and why are all these eye-witnesses claiming they were hit by a plane?
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP50 wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

You seem to be confusing yourself over this one - the reason why the Pentacon doco postulates about a fly-over is because there is minimal evidence that the Pentagon was hit by a large jet. Because there is no footage of the impact, pretty much all we know about the incident comes from eye-witnesses. Many of these eye-witnesses state exactly what happened (airliner just over my head while in car, clipping lamp-poles etc etc) yet there is no verification that they were even on that road when it happened.

The significance of the eye-witnesses from the Pentacon doco is that they are proven to be where they say they were when it happened. And they all say it was nowhere near the road and the lamp-poles - which is a strange coincidence don't you think? Now you may say there is no official story that says the plane hit the lamp-poles - so maybe it didn't and the lamp-poles fell for another reason? What reason do you think that was and why are all these eye-witnesses claiming they were hit by a plane?

But there is no evidence whatsoever of a flyover, and a plane overflying the Pentagon would be very obvious to everyone at Reagan National Airport, just the other side of the Pentagon and of course show up on the radar.

What I did not see in the Pentacon film was a map showing how their evidence was inconsistent with the lamp pole evidence, just some rather vague arm pointing. Where the poles actually were was not at all clear.

I think all witnesses are telling the truth as they saw it, and the poles were hit by the plane.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
KP50 wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

But there is no evidence whatsoever of a flyover, and a plane overflying the Pentagon would be very obvious to everyone at Reagan National Airport, just the other side of the Pentagon and of course show up on the radar.

What I did not see in the Pentacon film was a map showing how their evidence was inconsistent with the lamp pole evidence, just some rather vague arm pointing. Where the poles actually were was not at all clear.

I think all witnesses are telling the truth as they saw it, and the poles were hit by the plane.

Simply speaking, Citgo witnesses said left for the plane, poles were on the right. I don't think all the witnesses can be telling the truth as they saw it no matter what confusion surrounds the event.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP50 wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:
KP50 wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

Simply speaking, Citgo witnesses said left for the plane, poles were on the right. I don't think all the witnesses can be telling the truth as they saw it no matter what confusion surrounds the event.

Just consider what would be involved in faking the light poles: nothing could be done in advance because it might be seen, so at the moment of the strike, teams would have to rush out to each pole, pull it down by force in the right direction to leave the correct shaped hole, without of course leaving any tracks on the grass, substitute for it an exactly similar pole pre-damaged to simulate it being hit by an aircraft wing and remove the actual pole, all without being seen by anyone. Then some false witnesses have to be coached and brought forward to say they saw the plane hitting poles. Is this remotely plausible, and what possible benefit is there in trying to establish a false flight path? Faking the lamp poles simply makes no sense even in terms of a conspiracy. If the evidence of the Citigo witnesses conflicts with the physical evidence of the lamp poles, by far the most likely and plausible explanation is that they are mistaken.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Just consider what would be involved in faking the light poles: nothing could be done in advance because it might be seen, so at the moment of the strike, teams would have to rush out to each pole, pull it down by force in the right direction to leave the correct shaped hole, without of course leaving any tracks on the grass, substitute for it an exactly similar pole pre-damaged to simulate it being hit by an aircraft wing and remove the actual pole, all without being seen by anyone. Then some false witnesses have to be coached and brought forward to say they saw the plane hitting poles. Is this remotely plausible, and what possible benefit is there in trying to establish a false flight path? Faking the lamp poles simply makes no sense even in terms of a conspiracy. If the evidence of the Citigo witnesses conflicts with the physical evidence of the lamp poles, by far the most likely and plausible explanation is that they are mistaken.

There is nothing remotely plausible about anything that happened at the Pentagon, you only have to Google "Lloyd England Pentagon taxi" and read stories like

Quote:
Lloyd, 69, began the morning of September 11, 2001 like most days, driving his taxi cab. A passenger in Rosslyn told him what had happened at the World Trade Center so he turned on his radio and headed home. As he approached the Navy Annex, he saw a plane flying dangerously low overhead. Simultaneously, the plane struck a light pole and the pole came crashing down onto the front of Lloyd’s taxi cab, destroying the windshield in front of his eyes. Glass was everywhere as he tried to stop the car. Another car stopped and the driver helped move the heavy pole off Lloyd’s car. As they were moving the pole, they heard a big boom and turned to see an explosion. The light pole fell on Lloyd and he struggled to get up from underneath, wondering what had happened.

from http://www.survivorsfundproject.org/SFPFinal/survivors_fund_project_cl ients/lloyd.asp

or look at the taxi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pentagon_taxi_hit_by_lightpole.jpg

to wonder how they managed to remove the pole before the plane hit the Pentagon - and how the pole smashed the glass without appearing to injure the driver or damage any other part of the car.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he could not have got out of his cab before the impact, and it is not easy to see how only the windscreen was smashed. Possibly he is talking about a secondary explosion, not the impact, which he did not see because of the pole hitting his cab. Possibly it was only the curved top of the pole that went through the windscreen. I admit it is not easy to explain just what happened to Mr England, but it is also not easily explained by a false flag operation either.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Yes, he could not have got out of his cab before the impact, and it is not easy to see how only the windscreen was smashed. Possibly he is talking about a secondary explosion, not the impact, which he did not see because of the pole hitting his cab. Possibly it was only the curved top of the pole that went through the windscreen. I admit it is not easy to explain just what happened to Mr England, but it is also not easily explained by a false flag operation either.

I agree. Dammit. Nothing is easily explained.

Edited by KP: Typo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: