FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Objectives & Direction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Our Objectives & Direction Reply with quote

Firstly, I have not attended a London meeting since last Summer. This I am sure would help me to understand the groups objectives and activities and I will be attending the next meeting.

This forum is fantastic for exchanging information and remaining engaged with the the group, however, I for one am a little concerned that personally, it has become a hobby and not a tool to instigate change.

If at at all possible could those who are currently running any media - local/national campaigns, demonstrations, mail-outs or any other kind of activity, add them as a reply to this mail.

I think it could be useful to get an idea of these activities to see which avenues are being pursued, to save others going down the same path as well as to judge their effectiveness. Also to see if there are possibilities that have not been pursued.

I did post a mail recently asking anyone who may be interested in distributing leaflets at the BBC/Channel 4/Independent and Guardian offices - I did not receive any interest. Was this a bad idea or just something that time restraints would not allow?

Could we make a list of those in the London area or those who are willing to travel to London to engage in activities to promote the movement and it's aims?

Speaking of aims - what are they? Last time I checked it was to re-open the investigation - was this the UK's aim or Jimmy Walters? Is the aim now to spread the word?
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kookomula

1) Your idea to target the offices of the media is a good one and one we London based campaigners must DO

2) If we appear a little uncoordinated that's because we are (which is both a strength and a weakness). One thing to recognise is that many of us have jobs and family and this seriously limits how much we are able to contribute. Last weekend's Blackpool meeting was called in part to improve this. Noel and Belinda are currently knocking up some minutes, but I will relay what I know.

In the past we (those of us who have been most involved to date) have seen the divisions and squabbles amongst certain prominent US campaigners and have been determined to avoid this, recognising the need to build unity and common purpose. That is the principle reason for the no endorsement principle "The campaign recognizes that there is a diverse range of opinion amongst 9/11 truth campaigners. The campaign does not endorse any one position. What we do say is when taken in totality the evidence overwhelmingly supports the need to reopen 9/11."

So whilst we were happy to co-operate with Jimmy Walter's tour (last summer) and his campaign, we do not endorse it any more than we endorse any other. We are not a UK entension of reopen911.org any more than we are an extension of anyone elses campaign.

What I (and others) have proposed (and which was accepted in Blackpool) is that there is a need for a professional campaign (us in suits, articulate with a well developed, evidence based argument and professional platform) that can widen our appeal.

Such a campaign requires a centralised decision making to give leadership and direction. Past attempts to form an interim management committee that is representative of this network (which was formed at the national conference in London last Sept) to take this forward became stuck, not because of any serious disagreements but to be blunt because there was not enough engagement in order to move things forward.

In Blackpool it was agreed to form such a campaign. It will have a very similar campaign statement to this site and share much of its ethos. A committee was selected and will be chaired by Ian Crane (http://www.spiritualalchemy.com/about_us.php). I just spoke with Ian and it's safe to say that many details remain to be ironed out/discussed (it is only Tuesday)

This campaign will have a bank account (to date we haven't had one and this site exists on absolute minimum finances) and will seek to raise donations from supporters, DVD 'sales/donations sought', etc and will fund activities such as speaking tours, etc.

It is intended to make a separation between this site and the new campaign site. They would be closely aligned but separate. Why? Well the campaign will put forward speakers who will speak in its support. If it funds speaking tours (as I believe it should) it will in effect be supporting these speakers. Decisions on what activities to fund and support will need to be taken centrally.

Now whoever is selected, whatever the key messages they focus on and whatever activities are funded, they will attract criticism both from within the movement and from our critics. That is the nature of 9/11 truth movement and political movements in general. Rather than fudge this, it is safer to acknowledge it. One of the ways this campaign can receive and be open to feedback is by establishing a separation between it and this forum. This forum would then be able to other constructive advice and feedback to the campaign without the campaign needing to compromise its message. In this way hopefully we will retain our grassroots anarchic nature whilst also establishing a centrally managed credible platform. Hope that logic makes sense.

So the intention is to redesign this site and describe as it is: a UK based on-line community where all those who support 9/11 truth can meet, share and discuss without feeling the need to agree with each other about absolutely everything. It's primary purpose to build grassroots awareness and action.

My suggestion for a separate forum area (either as part of this site or linked to it, details to be agreed) where we invite our critics such as 'a sharp major' and others to engage with us to debate the evidence also seems widely supported.

The campaign will be driven forward by those who have the time and ability to do so. It will develop its own site and identity. Nothing is closed down or set in stone so Kookomula if you wish to get involved in this central national campaign it is open to offers of practical support and that offer is open generally.

Noel who has been acting both as a national co-ordinator, sending out group emails (if you are not on the list email info(AT)nineeleven.co.uk) and organiser of London meetings. He is way too busy and is taking a well earned break from 9/11 for a month. We need a new London group co-ordinator to kick start local action in the London area. If you are interested this could be you K I will work with you to show you the ropes and share ideas as to how to make our local group far more action rather than talk based

Anyway more to follow, but that gives a sense of where we are now and what still needs to happen. Continue this discussion here or PM me. Must do some 'proper' work now or I will get sacked

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: