FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outsider
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook Reply with quote

Google in <Yvonne Ridley>, go to her site, and then to 'Spooksville', which has YouTube clip. I've brought this up before, and one of our members contributed the useful idea that covering the phone with silver paper saves taking the battery out (but only while you are discussing 'highly incriminating dastardly plans', of course!). As Craig Murray plainly states in his excellent book, 'Murder in Samarkand', it's not only the FBI that has the facility.
Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spooky indeedy

http://www.yvonneridley.org/spookitem.php?id=3

Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am genuinely shocked at that clip. It is outrageous.

It reminded me of this piece about the internal microphones in computers that can be used for eavesdropping on computer users.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2006/060906spyon.htm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/03/google_eavesdropping_software/

While both these articles pertain to the USA, we know that what happens there is likley to be happening here or will be soon. It seems likely that the same backdoor facilities will be present within mobile phones and computers in the UK and elsewhere and, if that is the case, you can bet that intel agencies, corporations, etc will be wanting to use them.

These are gross invasions of privacy that I'd bet 99% of the population are completely unaware of.

Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Craig.
I love synchronicity.
Its been a Charles Bukowski week.

I am not suprised if there is a propensity for this to be used in the Uk.
I had a friend who used to make music with scanners and they pick up conversations very easily.
The microphones in newer computers are very likely to be on too.

outsider

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig W wrote:
I am genuinely shocked at that clip. It is outrageous.

It reminded me of this piece about the internal microphones in computers that can be used for eavesdropping on computer users.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2006/060906spyon.htm

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/03/google_eavesdropping_software/

While both these articles pertain to the USA, we know that what happens there is likley to be happening here or will be soon. It seems likely that the same backdoor facilities will be present within mobile phones and computers in the UK and elsewhere and, if that is the case, you can bet that intel agencies, corporations, etc will be wanting to use them.

These are gross invasions of privacy that I'd bet 99% of the population are completely unaware of.

Re whether it happens in UK, I'll quote following from Craig Murray's 'Murder in Samarkand' (he was our Ambassador in Uzbekistan until he blew the whistle that Uzbecks were boiling prisoners alive. Jack Straw's Foreign Office told him to shut up about it, he refused, and was removed. Quote (page 292): ' You can be bugged very easily. A sound bug can be no bigger than a pin, but it is not necessary to plant one. Directional microphones are very effective, and can be used from several hundred metres away if necessary, but it is much easier to use the telephone. Either a home landline or a mobile can be remotely activated to serve as a microphone, bugging the room even though the handset is down, or the mobile switched off. The resulting sound can be cleaned up to surprising quality'.
I believe this is the reason 'authorities' don't want to use phone evidence in court cases; they have said they 'don't want to expose their capabilities'. What capabilities but this could they be talking about? Everyone knows calls can be monitored, but they are blissfully unaware that phones can be utilised as mikes even when switched off. Let's correct that, troopers!
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
I've brought this up before, and one of our members contributed the useful idea that covering the phone with silver paper saves taking the battery out

Popping it in the microwave [when its off] is a quicker and easier solution (every microwave oven is also a Faraday cage preventing radio waves escaping - or entering).

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook Reply with quote

Thermate wrote:
outsider wrote:
I've brought this up before, and one of our members contributed the useful idea that covering the phone with silver paper saves taking the battery out

Popping it in the microwave [when its off] is a quicker and easier solution (every microwave oven is also a Faraday cage preventing radio waves escaping - or entering).

That's a lie about microwave ovens. They have a huge and extensive field when switched on. Whether they shield mobile phone signals when off, I'll test in the near future

outsider

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook Reply with quote

Thermate wrote:
outsider wrote:

Even if that worked, I don't carry a microwave oven in my pocket; but I can & do carry some silver foil.
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys want to be healthy
throw away the microwave oven
it really is the worst thing you can cook with, burning your food with petrol is more healthy.

I cannot see why they would want to be listening to us while we are at home?
If they want to intercept calls, or if they want to place a bugging device they have the legal go ahead to do it nowadays.

In any case surely they wont want to target 911 truthers who are after all peace campaigners

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: remove the Reply with quote

we already know this,the only way to beat it is to remove the battery
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
Even if that worked, I don't carry a microwave oven in my pocket; but I can & do carry some silver foil.
Tin-foil is indeed more convenient, but extremely unlikely to work, if the signals can pass through your car, your house etc. I think they can manage <0.1mm of aluminium. In fact its likely to boost the signal... Cool

Lead would work, thickness unknown, but again not very portable.

Taking the battery out is not enough to stop them using it a locator/tracker (probably does stop bugging - at least for any duration), you have to remove the SIM card also... which can mean losing phone settings. Hence the microwave "phone bank".

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: GCHQ can listen when your phone is off the hook Reply with quote

Thermate wrote:
outsider wrote:
Tin-foil is indeed more convenient, but extremely unlikely to work, if the signals can pass through your car, your house etc. I think they can manage <0.1mm of aluminium. In fact its likely to boost the signal... Cool

Lead would work, thickness unknown, but again not very portable.

Taking the battery out is not enough to stop them using it a locator/tracker (probably does stop bugging - at least for any duration), you have to remove the SIM card also... which can mean losing phone settings. Hence the microwave "phone bank".

Thank you, Thermate. I was just about to write back saying 'try it, oh ye of little faith' when I thought I'd check it again. Sure enough, some foil does not work. But ordinary baking foil does work - try it yourself, by phoning your mobile from your home phone. I got 'sorry, phone not available', which means signals, of any sort, aren't getting through. But yes, it matters what foil you use. My tinfoil 'conspiracy theorist' hat did not work!!
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bucket of water is always a good solution to those little annoying ringing devices Laughing

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco_Destroyer wrote:
A bucket of water is always a good solution to those little annoying ringing devices Laughing

Mock all you like - my intention is to inform people who may not be aware that mobile phones (as well as home phones on the hook) can transmit conversations even when switched off. Some people do not want others to have that information - the 'Powers that Be' and of course their agents. !A Luta Continua!
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:

In any case surely they wont want to target 911 truthers who are after all peace campaigners

You gotta be joking! Their brief is to keep a watch on all political movements.
Frazzel
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: bugging etc Reply with quote

test the foil for mobiles, unplug the landline and dont talk in the room that the computer is in.
any other advice that someone has?
all useful stuff.
Nb read Andy McNabs books even his fiction ones for some hints how they may watch or follow.
However i think you can end up too paranoid - the important thing is to keep doing what youre doing dont let them make you afraid as thats what they want!
f

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put my mobile in the microwave and it still works.

Wrapped it in foil and I can't get through !

Can still text to it in the foil though !

Bizarre !

It just goes to prove the old adage for us CTers at least:

Keep it under your hat !

There's a host of anti-electrosmog products here at Healthy House, including RF proof paint & curtains !

http://www.healthy-house.co.uk/products/electromagnetic_and_radiation_ protection.php

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minding my own business, listening to the record-player and doing the washing up this morning, when all of a sudden the answerphone burst into life. I was nowhere near it, and the phone hadn't rung. Immediately suspicious, I rung 1471, and sure enough, the last call recorded was the previous day. On listening to the 'message', there was muffled music, probably the music I had been playing but I couldn't be sure.

As most of us know, you only get 'clicks' on the phone if 'they' want you to know you're being bugged. I get silent or malicious calls most every day, combined with post problems. As Alfred E. Newman (or is it Neuman?) would say, 'Wot? Me worry?'

outsider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following my Sunday post, I was in bed when, at 00.20 Monday morning, one of my two burglar alarms went off (even though it wasn't 'armed', or switched on). Also, the whole of the system is indoors, so there was no physical interference possible.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have part of the forum for supporters to document 'dirty tricks', or otherwise inexplicable occurences, so that we can compare notes and be aware?

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmasdale wrote:
stelios wrote:

You gotta be joking!

I think he was...

Harassed
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Hi-tech harassment/Organised stalking Reply with quote

Hello all,
I don't know quite if I'm posting this in the right topic but here's some stuff to show that there is some quite simple and affordable technology quite openly available to hate-groups,creepy neighbours or any weirdo psycho bully....

Ultrasonic devices :http://www.amazing1.com/ultra.htm
Revenge devices :http://www.spymall.com/catalog/revenge.htm
Sonic nausea :http://www.telstarone.com/cs_sonic_nausea.htm

Organised stalking is happening.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This legal disclosure also seems to suggest that supposedly switched off phones are used by the police, security services and private investigators as roving bugs.

FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool

By Declan McCullagh and Anne Broache
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
Published: December 1, 2006, 2:20 PM PST

Tell us what you think about this storyTalkBackE-mail this story to a friendE-mailView this story formatted for printingPrint Add to your del.icio.usdel.icio.us Digg this storyDigg this

update The FBI appears to have begun using a novel form of electronic surveillance in criminal investigations: remotely activating a mobile phone's microphone and using it to eavesdrop on nearby conversations.

The technique is called a "roving bug," and was approved by top U.S. Department of Justice officials for use against members of a New York organized crime family who were wary of conventional surveillance techniques such as tailing a suspect or wiretapping him.

Nextel cell phones owned by two alleged mobsters, John Ardito and his attorney Peter Peluso, were used by the FBI to listen in on nearby conversations. The FBI views Ardito as one of the most powerful men in the Genovese family, a major part of the national Mafia.

The surveillance technique came to light in an opinion published this week by U.S. District Judge Lewis Kaplan. He ruled that the "roving bug" was legal because federal wiretapping law is broad enough to permit eavesdropping even of conversations that take place near a suspect's cell phone.

Kaplan's opinion said that the eavesdropping technique "functioned whether the phone was powered on or off." Some handsets can't be fully powered down without removing the battery; for instance, some Nokia models will wake up when turned off if an alarm is set. ..........

http://www.news.com/FBI-taps-cell-phone-mic-as-eavesdropping-tool/2100 -1029_3-6140191.html

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
malcks
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: mobile/microwave! Reply with quote

tried the miocrowave (switched off!!)put my mobile inside,phoned it and guess what? nothing,dead. so that works, the only problem is carrying the thing around its a tad heavy Wink
outsider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: mobile/microwave! Reply with quote

malcks wrote:
tried the miocrowave (switched off!!)put my mobile inside,phoned it and guess what? nothing,dead. so that works, the only problem is carrying the thing around its a tad heavy Wink

Loomis do a reduced rate armoured car mobile transport for Truthers.
There is something odd about posters trying to laugh off this important information, that the 'Authorities' can use our mobiles as bugs, even when switched off, and ditto for our home landlines even when on the hook.

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
Minding my own business, listening to the record-player

Cor! Are you so up to date that you have a record-player? I thought you and I were the gramophone generation - Laughing

Apparently the Queen, older than us both, has an I-pod which she calls "one's one-pod". Laughing

BTW happy birthday.
simplesimon
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outsider wrote:
Quote:
But ordinary baking foil does work - try it yourself, by phoning your mobile from your home phone. I got 'sorry, phone not available', which means signals, of any sort, aren't getting through.

Not quite - it's not a matter of signal reaching the phone or not, it's a matter of signal strength, which determines the Carrier/Noise ratio (CNR) and Bit Error Rate (BER), which determines whether calls or texts are attempted (by the system). Did you try texting to it?

Mark Gobell wrote:
Quote:
Wrapped it in foil and I can't get through ! Can still text to it in the foil though ! Bizarre !

Not really - the system estimates the CNR and BER before attempting to connect a call or send an SMS. If these are too low, it may decide that a call isn't workable, but is high enough for an SMS. It's like being in a poor service area, or on a mountain, when it's quite common to be able to send/receive SMS but not make / receive calls.

outsider wrote:
Quote:
I believe this is the reason 'authorities' don't want to use phone evidence in court cases;

I think this is a false and diversionary argument, with the supposed civil libertarians on one side, and the state on the other. Serves to re-enforce the basic lie (they want to kill us for our freedom, we are in great danger we need protection etc) and lets something quite terrifying slip through unknown to most:

If phone tap evidence is admissible, "they" can fit anyone up for anything, with voice morphing.
Dallas
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: remove the Reply with quote

malcks wrote:

Most of you may not consider them to be savory characters, but if you want to know how to beat this sort of thing ask a drug dealer - they do it for a living.

Back when I used to peddle cannabis in HS and college, it was common knowledge in those circles that you have to pull the battery from your celly or leave it in another room if you're going to discuss something sensitive. And this was 10 years ago!

-Alex Jones
outsider

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: remove the Reply with quote

Dallas wrote:
malcks wrote:

Most of you may not consider them to be savory characters, but if you want to know how to beat this sort of thing ask a drug dealer - they do it for a living.

Back when I used to peddle cannabis in HS and college, it was common knowledge in those circles that you have to pull the battery from your celly or leave it in another room if you're going to discuss something sensitive. And this was 10 years ago!

Thanks, Dallas. When I was in the States in 1959, there was a device you could buy by mail-order that made home phones into microphones; you would phone the number with the device attached to your phone, the target would get a 'silent' call, then when he put the handset back it was still 'live'. It was, I believe, about $500 (I didn't buy one!).

outsider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another article from 'Prison Planet' :

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/december2006/021206FBI.htm

outsider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another from Financial Times:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4239e29e-02f2-11da-84e5-00000e2511c8.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: