FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Threats Whilst Campaigning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediadisbeliever
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Threats Whilst Campaigning Reply with quote

Hello fellow campaigners...

I have been very active campaigning in Bridlington this week and everything was going well until I received threats of violence if I was seen handing out leaflets again. If It had been a threat from someone who had a brain I might have been more impressed, but it was from the type of person that probably relied on bully-boy tactics to get his pocket money in the playground. I wouldn't have minded, but as the expletives and language of this scum was being spewed out he was sitting in his car waiting at the traffic lights with his family and drove off just after the evil deed. The work of a coward indeed.

As he was passing the traffic lights he was treated to the Colourful caligraphy of "9-11 was an Inside Job" poster.

Ha, got you scum!

Cheers

Ian
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep up the good work
your doing sterling stuff

but if i might suggest
university common rooms and libraries might be better places to target than shopping centres and street corners
target people with brains willing to question

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stelios... the closest we've got to a university in this town is a secondary school churning out brainwashed and consumer-driven children. Shocked The campaign circuit has been done a few times around here now and I now think it's time for a train ticket to Hull or Leeds...against the advice of my family of course.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you know what it's like to campaign on your own and most of the time it's very enjoyable and I'm proud to do it. What I've been doing is placing some tied posters on lamposts/traffic lights and watching the reaction of the public as they notice them...and then I approach them with various literature which will not blow them away too much at first. I love to watch the reactions of people, but the best ones are the curious I feel.

Thanks for your moral support Stelios.

Cheers

Ian
Ian
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: campaigning in Oxford Reply with quote

Hi Ian

Here are my experiences of campaigning which might be of use to you.

For the last 3 weeks in Oxford, we've had a stall in the central pedestrianised area. I made some signs using very thick cardboard and A3 posters saying "Oxford 9/11 Truth" and covered them with plastic sheeting to make them waterproof. We also hand out leaflets.

We get certain looks from some people which to say the least, aren't all that friendly, but I think because we're not directly 'in their face' confronting them, they're less likely to get aggressive towards us.

We get a few people who'll come up and argue against us, but also a few who will come up and say they agree, and many in between who are interested and want to know more.

So I suppose what I'm getting at is that people prefer to make the decision themselves to come over and talk / get info on their terms, rather than being aggressively solicited.

I also suspect that there are psychological aspects to approaching people in their cars at traffic lights - invading their personal space, stress of driving, waiting for the lights to change - which make it not an optimal time and place to bring up 9/11.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your campaigning in Yorkshire.

mediadisbeliever

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the useful advice Ian...I will try that approach!

Cheers

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: