FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24/27Jun MANCHESTER & LONDON - Blair Send Off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: 24/27Jun MANCHESTER & LONDON - Blair Send Off Reply with quote

STOP THE WAR COALITION
NEWSLETTER No. 1009
15 June 2007
Email office@stopwar.org.uk
T: 020 7278 6694
Web: www.stopwar.org.uk

IN THIS NEWSLETTER:
1) AN ANTI-WAR MESSAGE FOR GORDON BROWN
2) MAKE BLAIR'S LAST DAY AN ANTI WAR DAY

1) AN ANTI-WAR MESSAGE FOR GORDON BROWN
Manchester police have backed down on their insistence that the route of the Stop the War demonstration on Sunday 24 June should be kept away from the special Labour leadership conference, at which Gordon Brown will be installed as Labour Party leader. Our march will now pass very close to the conference venue (see below for route details). The demonstration will call for a CHANGE OF POLICY NOT JUST A CHANGE OF LEADER, specifically:
* Troops out of Iraq now
* No attack on Iran
* Break the British government's link with US foreign policy

There will be a very large media presence at this conference, so it is important we have a good turnout. The demonstration will ensure that the voice of the anti-war majority in this country is heard. The protest will include a NAMING THE DEAD ceremony at which we will commemorate the deaths of Iraqis, now estimated to be up to one million, and of British soldiers who have been killed in an illegal and unnecessary war.

There are coaches coming to the protest from around the country and many local Stop the War groups have made group travel arrangements by public transport. Please join this demonstration if you can and spread the word as widely as possible.
COACH DETAILS: http://tinyurl.com/2xbu25

CHANGE THE POLICY NOT JUST THE LEADER
DEMONSTRATE SPECIAL LABOUR CONFERENCE
SUNDAY 24 JUNE MANCHESTER

* 12 Noon: Assemble Albert Square
* 12.30 pm: Naming the Dead ceremony
* 1.00 pm: March route: Albert Square, Princes Street, Moseley Street, Lower Moseley Street, Windmill Street, Mount Street, Peter Street, Deansgate, St Mary's Gate, Cross Street, Albert Square.

SPEAKERS WILL INCLUDE Walter Wolfgang (Labour NEC), Moazzam Begg, Peter Hook (from the group New Order), Rose Gentle, George Galloway MP, Sajjad Karim MEP, members of the cast of Coronation Street, Lindsey German and Andrew Murray (Stop the War Coalition).

2) MAKE BLAIR'S LAST DAY AN ANTI WAR DAY
PROTEST AT DOWNING STREET WED 27 JUNE
Tony Blair says it is not Iraq that has made him so unpopular. MPs in his own party say he is "in denial" and "self-delusional". Military Families Against the War, supported by Stop the War Coalition, are planning to correct him on Wednesday 27 June, the day he leaves office and is replaced by Gordon Brown.

Their protest at Downing Street from 10am aims to make sure that Blair's last day in office is marked by his true legacy. For many of the military families this has meant the loss of their loved ones due to the Bush-Blair war crimes. For the Iraqi people it has meant the complete destruction of their country and up to one million killed, with over four million - one in seven of the population - becoming refugees since the invasion in 2003.

Tony Blair will leave Downing Street on the morning of 27 June. Brown will enter in the afternoon, when Military Families will hand him a letter asking him to meet them, a request that Blair has turned down repeatedly over the past three years.

Stop the War will be publishing more details and timings shortly. Military Families Against the War are asking for the widest possible support for their protest from the anti-war movement. Please check the Stop the War website for updated information.

MAKE TONT BLAIR'S LAST DAY AN ANTI WAR DAY
JOIN MILITARY FAMILIES AGAINST THE WAR
SUPPORTED BY STOP THE WAR COALITION
PROTEST AT DOWNING STREET
WEDNESDAY 27 JUNE FROM 10 AM

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Declan
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Movie Screening Reply with quote

I would suggest we meet up before the demo in the Peace Garden in St Peter's Square between 11am and 12noon.

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.4778&lon=-2.2433&scale=5000&ico n=x

I have now confirmed the room booking at the friends' Meeting House, 6 Mount St. Manchester, for the 24th June 4-7pm for a movie screening.

I would appreciate if any anybody could help me with putting on this event. I have someone who might be able to supply video/sound equiptment but still unconfirmed so it would be good to have a backup in case this falls through. If you can supply this equiptment please pm me ASAP. I also need leafleters and people who can give general help and people who can give a fincial contribution towards the running cost of the event.

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny."Aeschylus

Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Movie Screening Reply with quote

Declan wrote:
I would suggest we meet up before the demo in the Peace Garden in St Peter's Square between 11am and 12noon.

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.4778&lon=-2.2433&scale=5000&ico n=x

I have now confirmed the room booking at the friends' Meeting House, 6 Mount St. Manchester, for the 24th June 4-7pm for a movie screening.

I would appreciate if any anybody could help me with putting on this event. I have someone who might be able to supply video/sound equiptment but still unconfirmed so it would be good to have a backup in case this falls through. If you can supply this equiptment please pm me ASAP. I also need leafleters and people who can give general help and people who can give a fincial contribution towards the running cost of the event.

Great Work Declan! If you want, I can help you with Leafleting.

Do you know if the peace gardens are anywere near St Peters Square?

Which Train Station is best to arrive at ? I'm traveling from Liverpool.

Stephen. Cool
Cool Cool Cool
Declan
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Great Work Declan! If you want, I can help you with Leafleting.

Do you know if the peace gardens are anywere near St Peters Square?

Which Train Station is best to arrive at ? I'm traveling from Liverpool.

The peace garden is in St Peter's Square in the north corner. From Piccadilly Station, come out from the main entrance, turn left, and walk straight on until you come to Piccadilly Gardens. Cut diagonally accross and follow the tram tracks down Mosley St. until you come to St. Peter's Square. Look for the peace statue to your right pictured below.

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny."Aeschylus

davecox
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there on sunday, we've gotta voice the fact that Gordon Brown is NO BETTER than Tony Blair, Gordon Brown openly demands a NEW WORLD ORDER (watch his "NWO speech" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKV0_LzpmHM )

Alot of the emphasis on the march on sunday seems to be "New leader / New policy on iraq" which obviously im all for, but the truth is Gordon Brown is globalist scum and were very naive if we think he will listen to us. We must act to expose these criminals instead of trying to work with them and try to persuade them to listen to us, we need them OUT!

Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecox wrote:
I'll be there on sunday, we've gotta voice the fact that Gordon Brown is NO BETTER than Tony Blair, Gordon Brown openly demands a NEW WORLD ORDER (watch his "NWO speech" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKV0_LzpmHM )

Alot of the emphasis on the march on sunday seems to be "New leader / New policy on iraq" which obviously im all for, but the truth is Gordon Brown is globalist scum and were very naive if we think he will listen to us. We must act to expose these criminals instead of trying to work with them and try to persuade them to listen to us, we need them OUT!

This Video clip is taken the piss folks, there rubbing it in are faces! It's time to expose THE NEW WORLD ORDER AGENDA! Crying or Very sad
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VaP1HB7Vew&mode=related&search=

at least he aint rubbing this in our faces. Rolling Eyes
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Stop The War Update 22/06/07 Reply with quote

STOP THE WAR COALITION
NEWSLETTER No. 1010
22 June 2007
Email office@stopwar.org.uk
T: 020 7278 6694
Web: www.stopwar.org.uk

IN THIS NEWSLETTER:
1) STARS SIGN ANTI-WAR LETTER TO GORDON BROWN
2) BLAIR'S LAST DAY IN OFFICE
3) LIMITED EDITION TROOPS OUT T-SHIRT

1) STARS SIGN ANTI-WAR LETTER TO GORDON BROWN
"Stop the Spin and Stop the War," says actor Peter Postlethwaite, currently
starring in The Tempest at the Royal Exchange Manchester. Peter has signed the open letter to Gordon Brown calling on him to bring the troops home. He is joined by Coronation Street's Julie Hesmondhalgh and David Neilson, Shobna Gulati from Dinner Ladies, Peter Hook, the bass player from legendary band New Order, and many others from the world of the arts. They are joined by hundreds of other pubic figures from political organisations, the trade unions and community groups.

The letter will be handed in during the Stop the War Coalition demonstration,
timed to coincide with Gordon Brown's 'coronation' as Labour leader at a special conference this Sunday in Manchester city centre.

Peter Hook from New Order is planning to fly back from a concert in Singapore to read out some of the names of the dead which Stop the War will conduct during the demonstration. Says Peter, "The saddest thing is the kids that you see dying over there - they are so young. I am a parent, my son is 17 years old, and these young deaths are completely shocking."

Another speaker at the demonstration will be Eddie Hancock, father of Jamie Hancock, a British soldier killed in Iraq in November 2006. The Naming the Dead ceremony will commemorate all those killed in Iraq. The latest figure for Iraqi civilian casualties is now estimated to be over one million.

DEMONSTRATE SUNDAY 24 JUNE
MANCHESTER SPECIAL LABOUR CONFERENCE
ASSEMBLE 12 NOON ALBERT SQUARE
Change the Policy- Not Just the Leader
Troops Out of Iraq. No Attack on Iran

12.30 PM: NAMING OF THE DEAD CEREMONY:
Celebrities and public figures will read the names of Iraqi, Afghan and British dead. Rose Gentle from Military Families against The War, John Leach MP, Peter Hook from New Order and others will participate.

1.00 PM: MARCH TO THE LABOUR LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE where an open letter to Gordon Brown will be handed in demanding that Tony Blair's departure from office must result in a change in UK foreign policy.

2.00 PM SPEAKERS AT END OF MARCH RALLY IN ALBERT SQUARE:
Moazzem Begg, (ex-Guantanamo prisoner), Walter Wolfgang, (Labour Party NEC), Eddie Hancock, Sajjad Karim, (MEP),Sue Bond, (Dep Pres PCS), Lindsey German, (Convenor STWC), Veronica King,(NUS), George Galloway(MP), Kate Hudson, (Chair of CND), Rose Gentle,(MFAW), Chair: Andrew Murray.

NOTE FOR COACH ORGANISERS: There are coaches coming to the demonstration from across the country. Coach drop-off and pick-up point is Liverpool Road NCP car park, nr Deansgate. MAP: http://tinyurl.com/294m5x

2) BLAIR'S LAST DAY IN OFFICE
PROTEST AT DOWNING STREET
LONDON WEDNESDAY 27 JUNE: FROM 10AM
JOIN MILITARY FAMILIES AGAINST THE WAR
SUPPORTED BY STOP THE WAR COALITION

Military Families Against the War, supported by Stop the War Coalition, are planning to make Wednesday 27 June an anti-war day in Downing Street. This is the day Tony Blair leaves office to be replaced by Gordon Brown.

Tony Blair will leave Downing Street in the morning and our protest will begin at 10am. Gordon Brown will enter in the afternoon (we will publicise the time as soon as we get it), when Military Families Against the War will deliver him a letter asking him to meet them, a request that Blair has turned down repeatedly over the past three years.

3) LIMITED EDITION 'TROOPS OUT' T-SHIRT
A limited edition TROOPS OUT t-shirt, designed by David Gentleman, will be available to buy at the 24 June demonstration in Manchester and the Downing Street protest on 27 July. Price £7. All sizes.

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
jahschild
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Cox wrote:
Quote:
the truth is Gordon Brown is globalist scum and were very naive if we think he will listen to us. We must act to expose these criminals instead of trying to work with them and try to persuade them to listen to us, we need them OUT!

Yeap, Smack Bang Centre. wicked!
This whole system of government is a game of DIVISION, we don't need it. It's the Tactic the Queen uses to confound all invovled, from the stupid voters, down to the scum of the Earth the 'politcians,' who look to inflate their ego's, and finances. red, blue or yellow flag waving is a waste of energy, and are different aspects of the same coin. The smartest move in games of division is not to play the game. [even the computer works that out, in the classic film, 'WARS GAMES']

Ment, taken from Latin/Greek, Mente = Mind
Government = Control Mind.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: