FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sun24Jun - MANCHESTER - 'Stop War' demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubber_ritchie
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Sun24Jun - MANCHESTER - 'Stop War' demo Reply with quote

Hey guys.

There is a huge anti war demo in Manchester on Sunday June 24th. Transport is available from all over the UK.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/_Current/240607Coaches.htm

Perhaps we could have a 9-11 Truth block?

Hope to see you there.
Ritchiex

Mick Meaney
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited the title to match our house style for events.
SchNews
Action speaks louder than..
rubber_ritchie
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says i'm a 'minor poster' but i'm over 18!
Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun24Jun -'Stop War' demo - Manchester Reply with quote

rubber_ritchie wrote:
Hey guys.

There is a huge anti war demo in Manchester on Sunday June 24th. Transport is available from all over the UK.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/_Current/240607Coaches.htm

Perhaps we could have a 9-11 Truth block?

Hope to see you there.
Ritchiex

Has anyone got a map to show us which part of Manchester it is ?

The Stop The War Website is not very good. Crying or Very sad
Declan
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I would suggest we meet up before the demo in the Peace Garden in St Peter's Square.

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.4778&lon=-2.2433&scale=5000&ico n=x

I have provisionally booked a room in the Friends Meeting House from 4-7pm. Perhaps we can entice people in to watch one of our videos or something?

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny."Aeschylus

Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Declan wrote:
Quote:

I would suggest we meet up before the demo in the Peace Garden in St Peter's Square.

www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.4778&lon=-2.2433&scale=5000&ico n=x

I have provisionally booked a room in the Friends Meeting House from 4-7pm. Perhaps we can entice people in to watch one of our videos or something?

So it's the same place as last September, nice one! I'll get the train up again, it's much easier than going down to London, I might make a flag this time Razz

Declan, it's a good Idea have a movie srceening, also make sure you collected those emails addresses.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Police try to curtail demo Reply with quote

1) StWC CHALLENGES POLICE ON 24 JUNE PROTEST
Stop the War Coalition is organising an anti-war demonstration at the special Labour conference in Manchester on Sunday 24 June, at which Gordon Brown will become party leader, before being installed as prime minister three days later. Coaches will bring protestors from across the country to call for a change of policy to go with the change of leader. Our slogans will be: Troops Out of Iraq Now, No Attack on Iran and Break the British government's link with US foreign policy.

Stop the War learned this week that the Manchester Police want to stop anti-war protestors getting within earshot of the leadership conference, keeping us a quarter of a mile from the venue. The police claim we represent a security threat. In practice they are trying to hide Gordon Brown from a protest which will represent the voice of majority opinion in this country. According to the latest poll only 14 percent of British people support the Iraq war.

Walter Wolfgang, [the guy who was detained under the Prevention of Terrorism Act for shouting "Rubbish" at Jack Straw] Labour Party NEC member says, “The police’s position is unacceptable. Millions want a speedy withdrawal from Iraq. It is outrageous to try to keep them away from our conference." Stop the War will insist that the police cannot be used to shield the government from the public. In the words of our national convenor, Lindsey German, "We will not be a silent majority. We insist on our right to march near the conference."

JOIN THE TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ DEMONSTRATION
LABOUR LEADERSHIP CONFERECE
SUNDAY 24 JUNE: ASSEMBLE 12 NOON
ALBERT SQUARE, MANCHESTER

FOR FURTHER DETAILS:
http://www.stopwar.org.uk/newsite/index.php

COACH DETAILS:
http://tinyurl.com/2xbu25
Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn't many people there, no where near the amount of people that were there last September, but I did meet some 9-11ers from the Manchester group and I gave out some DVDs but got wet through it wasn't the best day but then went to a 9-11 movie screening afterwards. Wink
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A disappointing day. Could've been so much more.

I wish to thank the few who made it up from London, Liverpool and Bristol for making the effort and helping out with the leafleting for the film screening, where we had technical difficulties that couldn't have been foreseen.

Just 3 people from the Manchester group were in attendance, out of well over 60 people on our supporters list Shocked. With apparently no communication from anyone to confirm help or attendance. That's godawful folks Rolling Eyes.

An opportunity to show a strong Manchester presence for the truth campaign rather than a few overladen lone free thinkers, was totally wasted. I can see why Ruf needed the break after his previous efforts heading Manchester up also met such apathy.

On a positive note, it was great to see the few there and I hope our 3 guests enjoyed Terrorstorm. Whilst it was also interesting to have a surprise guest speaker Mark Lloyd, who claims to have had his intellectual property rights over a variety of celebrity and reality tv shows stolen by various media moguls and legal figures. Sounds like he's been through hell and needs any help he can get.

Nice one Declan and Seth for the flyers, equipment and room at personal expense and time. Whilst I had hundreds of DVD's to give out but no hands free to do it. To everyone else....

"Poor effort Manchester"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: