FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lingerie company chief rejects MBE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mediadisbeliever
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Lingerie company chief rejects MBE Reply with quote

The Press Association report that the co-founder of lingerie brand Agent Provocateur has rejected his MBE because he finds Tony Blair "morally corrupt".

Joseph Corre was awarded the title for his services to the fashion industry in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
But he knocked back the MBE on Wednesday, saying he could not accept the Prime Minister as "someone capable of giving an honour".
Mr Corre - the son of fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood - said he had initially been "flattered" to have his Agent Provocateur work recognised by the establishment.
"However after some serious reflection I have decided that I cannot accept it," Mr Corre, 39, said in a statement.
"I have been chosen by an organisation headed by a Prime Minister who I find morally corrupt. Who has been involved in organised lying, to the point where thousands of people including children! have suffered death, detention and torture in Afghanistan and Iraq."
Mr Corre's wife and Agent Provocateur co-founder Serena Rees is "delighted" with her own MBE and will not be rejecting it, a spokeswoman for the chain said.
The couple opened their first store in Soho in London in December 1994. The chain has since expanded to 30 shops worldwide.
"To accept this MBE as an honour would mean to me that I would have to accept the Prime Minister as someone capable of giving an honour i.e. an honourable man, which I cannot find it in my heart to do," Mr Corre's statement added.
"This in no way reflects on my opinion of the Queen whom I respect and would be honoured to have as a customer."

You can also read the article here:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20070620/tuk-lingerie-company-chief- rejects-mbe-6323e80.html

Cheers

Ian
elohim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most disturbing thing about this article is that apparently the Queen is a customer......

What a thought, I guess shape shifting reptilian Lizards like to look sexy too....

That aside, I say Hurrah for the chap.

Nice to see some moral conviction in this world, unlike Rusdie the author of the most boring, pointless books in recent times.

EL
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slap in the face for Blair.
But he is shameless anyway so he "aint bothered"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only more people had this kind of stance, it could start a new fashion, you never know.

Stop worrying, take risks
Be brave

The revolution has been cancelled - its an evolution and everyone's included
Anthony Lawson
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Support Reply with quote

Support

Why not send an e-mail of approval to Joseph Corre, to show your support for his stand?

Well, I tried, but the e-mail to grace@agentprovocateur.com was bounced back as a failed delivery, although the e-address came directly from their website.

Maybe MI6 is blocking their stuff.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent the last 24 hours browsing the Agent Provocatuer site, trying to find an email link Wink, I have now managed to calm down, my breathing is back to normal and feel that is a reasonable amount of time, well spent, on a public interest issue.

Try their feedback form:

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/contact_us.php

Bowery Boy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

[quote="stelios"]A slap in the face for Blair.
But he is shameless anyway so he "aint bothered"[/quote]

... aint bovered.
mediadisbeliever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've left a message of support for Joseph Corre via the feedback form which Mark kindly posted.
http://www.agentprovocateur.com/contact_us.php

It'll be interesting to see if they do reply.

Anyone bought any lingerie yet...for the wife of course! Laughing

Ian
Anthony Lawson
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Well Done Mark Reply with quote

Well Done Mark

I've used the link, as well.

It really is irritating when you want to pat someone on the back, but you can't locate the back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: