FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July 7 ringleader linked to Tel Aviv suicide bombers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: July 7 ringleader linked to Tel Aviv suicide bombers Reply with quote

The Sunday Times July 09, 2006

July 7 ringleader linked to Tel Aviv suicide bombers
Jonathan Calvert and Claudio Franco

MOHAMMAD Sidique Khan, leader of the July 7 bombings, collaborated with two other British suicide bombers to recruit young Muslims for training camps in Afghanistan four years before he carried out his terror attacks in London.

Fresh evidence has been uncovered linking Khan to Omar Sharif and Hanif Asif, who killed three people and injured 50 in 2003 with a suicide attack on a bar in Tel Aviv.

According to a witness who has not yet spoken to the police, the men wanted to indoctrinate young Muslims and take them abroad for further training.

Kursheed Fiaz, a businessman who runs an information technology company in Manchester, had four or five meetings with Khan who was initially accompanied by Sharif and later by Asif.

The close link between the two groups of suicide bombers suggests Britain’s Islamic terror network may be more tightly knit than previously thought.

It also raises questions as to whether Khan may have been involved in the Tel Aviv bombing. Israeli police have confirmed that Khan visited Israel on February 19, 2003, two months before the attack.

Accompanied by a group of British tourists and a woman said to be his wife, Khan spent only 24 hours in the country. Israeli authorities have investigated the trip but have been unable to establish whether it might have been a “dry run” or reconnaissance mission for the bombers.

The new evidence — to be broadcast on a BBC2 programme on Tuesday — could also prove useful to police in Britain. Anti-terror squad detectives have been attempting to build a profile of Khan, the ringleader of the four London suicide bombers who killed 52 people on three Underground trains and a bus last year.

According to the official government report into the London bombings, Khan had a westernised upbringing but his outlook began to change in 2003 when he made friends with a group of radicals from Leeds and Huddersfield. Previously apolitical, he became enraged about Muslim suffering around the world after watching hardline Islamic videos.

But Fiaz’s account suggests that he may have become radical much earlier. Fiaz says he was contacted by Khan in the summer of 2001. Khan had taken a job as a primary school assistant in Beeston, Leeds, a few months earlier.

Fiaz, 46, is originally from Jhelum in northern Punjab, where Asif’s father also grew up. It is thought Asif may have recommended Fiaz to Khan as an influential businessman.

According to Fiaz’s account, Khan came to his office seeking to spread “Dawa” — a form of evangelical preaching that is common in the Islamic world. It is mostly benign but can also be an essential step in the development of a young militant.

Khan was accompanied by Sharif and an unidentified man. Sharif, then aged 25, had recently returned from studying Arabic in Damascus.

Fiaz, whose account will be broadcast on Tuesday, says Khan asked whether he employed any young people who wanted to learn the ways of Islam. When Fiaz pointed out that his employees were already good Muslims, Khan said: “We need to teach them certain things,” but did not elaborate.

Fiaz allowed Khan to instruct his nephews and some other young men. The instruction ended when Fiaz’s nephews became suspicious of Khan and his friends. “They said in order to enhance (the training) that they would have to take these people to Pakistan, Syria, Afghanistan. My nephews and one or two of the younger lads pulled me up and said, ‘What’s this about Afghanistan?’” At the time Afghanistan was still ruled by the Taliban.

When Fiaz quizzed Khan about the trips, “that’s when I got a bit wary”.

Fiaz added: “We got the impression they were looking for some gullible people. Youngsters . . . that would fall for whatever they were trying to preach or practise.”

During the exchange, Khan revealed he had already been to Afghanistan but claimed he had been visiting mosques and shrines. It was to be the last of Khan’s preaching sessions at Fiaz’s office.
In October that year Sharif and Asif are believed to have travelled to Afghanistan where they fought alongside the Taliban against the American-led invasion forces.

A month later Sharif returned to Lahore, Pakistan, where he stayed with Ali Qureshi, an administrator for Al-Muhajiroun, the Islamic extremist group with a strong following in the UK.

According to Qureshi, Sharif was inconsolable. “He would cry, ‘Allah, you are annoyed with me, and that is why you have not granted me martyrdom.’ He would pray . . . that he may be granted martyrdom.

“His friends that accompanied him in the Afghan war told us while they were here that he had attempted to commit suicide there two or three times and they managed to forcibly stop him.”

He was to achieve his “martyrdom” 18 months later, after he and Asif travelled to the Middle East and agreed to be suicide bombers for Hamas, the Palestinian terrorist organisation.

Asif’s bomb exploded outside the Tel Aviv bar but Sharif’s device failed to go off. His body was found in the sea a few days later. The cause of death was drowning.

Sharif had been a follower of Omar Bakri, the former Al-Muhajiroun leader in Britain, now in exile in Lebanon.

Last week Bakri said Sharif had attended his study circles in Derby in the months before he died but denied radicalising him. Bakri denies ever knowing Khan.

Fiaz says he was “shocked” when he heard the news about Sharif and Hanif. Last week he gave a written explanation of why he had failed to report his encounters with the bombers to the police.

“After the Tel Aviv bombing, Omar and Hanif were dead and I didn’t attach any significance to Sidique Khan. I had no idea who Sidique was until after his face appeared in the papers following the 7/7 bombing. Given the time that had elapsed since I first met him, I didn’t see the significance of the connection.”

He is now likely to be interviewed by Scotland Yard’s anti-terrorist squad.

Britain’s First Suicide Bombers will be broadcast on BBC2 at 9pm on Tuesday

numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murdoch Press, BBC. Is this 100% fiction or just 99%?
Kier
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from http://weblog.ro/soj/2005-07-20.html#39525 20.07.2005.

Quote:
Yet more Israeli weirdness is that Mohammed Siddique Khan, the 30 year old married bomber, had made a 1 day trip to Israel back in 2003:

The government official said Mohammad Sidique Khan, who London police believe blew himself up on an underground train this month, arrived in Israel on Feb. 19, 2003, and left the next day.
Why on earth would Khan go to Israel and then come back the next day for any legitimate purpose? Many Muslims go to Israel to see holy sites or just for ordinary tourism, but it's a pretty long flight from Europe. Why fly in and fly out the next day?

Israeli papers have been speculating that Khan went to Israel on February 19 to coordinate the bombing of a bar called "Mike's Place" in Tel Aviv, which occurred on April 20. The perpetrators in that bombing were two British citizens of Pakistani descent although the Palestinian group Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

As I mention in Part 4, the type of explosives used in London has not been officially determined by the police yet. But Meir Dagan says the same type of explosives used in Mike's Place were used in London - a Chinese-manufactured explosive:

Mossad Chief Meir Dagan is reported to have said that the explosive in question is very powerful, and "much more lethal than plastic explosives and can be smuggled undetected due to its composition."

The Mossad determined that the substance was developed and produced at the Chinese ZDF arms factory, located about 65 kilometers (about 40 miles) from Beijing.
Not named in the English article linked above, but that explosion is called "CX123". Google doesn't bring up anything about "CX123". Neither does "ZDF arms factory", other than links back to the Mossad quote. I do note off a Czech arms manufacturer list that the ZDF Import/Import company website is now called Robinson Armament Company, which does indeed sell arms. The guns they sell are made in Russia however, so it doesn't seem to be linked to any Chinese factory.

Off a discussion website I found this comment (from March 17, 2004):

"The Israeli experts concluded that the explosives were manufactured in the laboratories of ZDF, one of China's leading military defence contractors. The first hint that China was working on a new type of explosive had come in March, 2001, when a top-ranking Chinese defector, Senior Colonel Xu Junping in the China's People Liberation Army and one of the nation's leading military strategists, had defected to the United States and was personally debriefed by CIA director George Tenet. So important was the debriefing that President Bush had authorised his closest aide, Condoleeza Rice, to sit in."
What's odd is that the original report about this explosive (not named) is that it's called a plastic explosive while the Mossad chief linked above says it's "more lethal than plastic explosives". This report seems to have gotten the information from unnamed "senior Mossad" officials.

The article is undated but it refer's to "last week's suicide bomb attack" on a club in Tel Aviv, committed by "two young British radical Muslims", clearly the same "Mike's Place" attack.

A look at the defecting Colonel Xu Junping shows he was a pretty big cheese in the CSIS - a Chinese espionage agency. The article alleges that the good colonel informed the American gov't that:

The CSIS has "close contact" with Osama bin Laden;
That the CSIS had secretly helped Slobodan Milosevic; and
China helped Saddam Hussein "re arm" Iraq with nuclear weapons
The only "problem" with all that of course is that nobody helped Saddam acquire nuclear weapons. Not in March 2001, when the Junping defected. So was the rest of Junping's info bunko as well?

Not that both Tenet and Rice allegedly interviewed this guy and certainly information in April 2002 for putting the onus on Hussein would've been received with open arms. I'm not delving into the Downing Street Memo issue at this juncture, but clearly defectors with scary tales about Hussein were considered a "prime catch" by the Bush administration.

Junping is now "disappeared" into the federal Witness Protection Program, which means nobody in the journalistic world can ask find him to ask him questions.

So Junping allegedly spilled the beans about some new secret kind of "undetectable" explosive, codenamed CX123, which may or may not be "plastic" and may or may not have been traded to anyone from Iran to Iraq to Al-Qaeda. And the Mossad pieced together clues from the Mike's Place bombing to determine it was this secret explosive, which later they informed the British police that the same stuff was used on 7/7/05. With me so far?

If the above about CX123 is true, it would explain why the police haven't publically stated what the bombers used in London. I've seen reports that they're using dogs down there in the tunnel even today. As someone who has worked with bomb squads many times in the past, I can tell you that most conventional explosives are fairly easy to determine. Bomb squads and forensic teams use samples taken from the scene, look at the radius and force of the blast, the "effectiveness" of the explosive relative to the amount used, the temperature of items in the vicinity (did nylon 3 feet away melt? Did nylon 5 feet away only blacken? etc) and other similar things to determine what was used.

As I mentioned in Part 4, the French anti-terrorism chief, who has been in London working with Scotland Yard, said "military explosives" possibly from the "Balkans". Assuming he was informed or had evidence it was CX123, that would conform to both "military" and "from the Balkans", possibly via the Serb connection.

There were media reports that the explosive might've been the easier-to-assemble TATP. However upon further investigation, I note that an Israeli firm invented something called a "PET pen", which uses three chemical mixtures to detect explosives similar to TATP. Think of it as kind of a fancy version of litmus paper, if you will. So if it was TATP, it seems to me like the police would've been able to determine this quite rapidly.

But it TATP wasn't the explosive used by the London bombers, what was all that business about "22 pounds" or "traces" of TATP precursors being found in a Leeds apartment rented by the Egyptian chemistry student (described elsewhere as an expert in use of enzymes in biotechnology), Magdy Al-Nashar? Well reports today seem to indicate that's a dead end as the Egyptian police, masters at "interrogating" prisoners, say that Nashar had no links with either Al-Qaeda or the London bombing. The British police haven't commented yet, but the Egyptians seem pretty clear about it.

So let's say we can rule out the TATP. And let's investigate if maybe it was this mysterious, difficult-to-detect Chinese-made CX123, used in the Mike's Place bombing two years ago. I should note that explosive material was found in Lindsay's rented Fiat Brava at the Luton train station, which obviously should be able to be identified. But of course was it the same stuff as used by the bombers?

If so, that potentially ties Siddique Khan to both scenes since he was in Israel and perhaps was involved with Mike's Place. From other reports, Siddique and Shehzad Tanweer both went to Pakistan together on November 19, 2004, on the same flight. While in Pakistan, they allegedly met up with a British-born Pakistani named Zeeshan Siddiqui, who was friends with Asif Hanif. One of the two Mike's Place bombers (suicide) was named Asif Hanif, although I've seen some reports suggesting that these are not the same two Hanifs.

Zeeshan Siddiqui was arrested in Pakistan in May (before the London bombings) on "terrorist-related offenses". The Pakistanis are saying Siddiqui was also buddies with Abu Faraj al-Libbi, whom you might remember from Part 2 of my investigation. On August 2, 2004 the NYT, based on a Bush administration leak, outed the "turning" of an Al-Qaeda guy named Noor Khan. In that same article:

The question of how much to rely on information obtained from captured foes has always weighed on the intelligence business. In recent weeks, even as they cited accounts from some captured Qaeda members as the basis for new concerns about terrorism, American intelligence officials have acknowledged that another captured Qaeda figure, Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, had recanted claims that Iraq had provided training in illicit weapons to Qaeda members.
So Siddiqui was tied to al-Liby, the guy who "recanted" that Iraq had trained Al-Qaeda members. According to the Financial Times, Siddiqui was arrested in May 2005 in Peshawar, Pakistan. According to another report:

A senior Pakistani official and a Western official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Pakistani authorities were questioning a Briton named Zeeshan Siddiqui, who was arrested in Peshawar in May.

The officials declined to expand on their suspicions, but local press reports said Siddiqui was linked to Junaid Babar, a Pakistani-American arrested in April 2004 in Queens, N.Y., who admitted in June to setting up jihadi training camps in Pakistan's tribal region and trying to buy explosives for a planned bombing in Britain, according to a New York Times article at the time.

The plot was foiled by a sweep in March 2004, when British police arrested eight British men of Pakistani descent. The Times on Thursday quoted a French intelligence official as saying that one of the London bombers, Mohammed Sidique Khan, had had some form of contact with that group.
That March 2004 "sweep" was Operation Crevice, discussed in earlier parts of my investigation.

So let's connect the dots, shall we? Siddique Khan, the 30 year old London bomber met Zeeshan Siddiqui in Pakistan last year. Zeeshan Siddiqui is tied to an alleged Al-Qaeda named al-Liby captured prior to August 2004. Zeeshan is also tied to Junaid Babar, who was arrested in the United States and Siddique Khan had "ties" to Babar's group, according to a "French intelligence official".

As I mentioned in earlier parts, this ties Siddique Khan to 1) Mike's Bombing in Israel April 2003 2) Pakistani-American terrorist arrested April 2004 in Queens, NY 3) Zeeshan Siddiqui arrested May 2005 tied to Operation Crevice British Pakistanis (March 2005) and 4) the August 2004 Noor Khan related British Pakistanis (Al-Qaeda) and of course 5) London 7/7 bombings. That's a heck of lot of suspicious activity for a guy who was not surveilled or targeted by anti-terrorism officials!

Siddique Khan was 30 years old at the time of the London bombings while the other three were aged 18, 22 and Lindsay, whom is described as being 19. Siddique Khan has been mentioned elsewhere as not only a friend of the younger men, but also a "mentor" for them. He played sports with them and encouraged them to stay in school. So if anyone of the four was the "mastermind", clearly suspicion points most heavily at Khan.

By the way, some media reports saying that a fifth man, traveling with the other 4 and caught on CCTV, flew out of the country just before the bombs exploded. That has since been determined to not be true.

Now, there's another theory, which is that one of the bombers is not even dead. One of the oddest reports from the media was that ID from some of the different bombers were found in multiple locations:

Police are still trying to figure out why some of the bombers appeared to be carrying pieces of identification not just of themselves but of at least some of their three accomplices.
From another article:

Closed-circuit television caught the friends laughing and chatting like hikers setting out on a jaunt before they fanned out to different bus or train lines, each lugging a sophisticated 10-pound bomb in his knapsack. Identification cards for three of them were found in two subway cars and a bus destroyed in the attacks.
Certainly the victims were of all ethnicities and races. I note that in a piece about the forensic team identifying the bodies from London:

Dr Andrew Reid said recovery teams are working tirelessly to identify bodies and body parts from "primary sources" - dental records, fingerprints or unique medical devices such as pacemakers and hip replacements.

Where none exist they rely on matching DNA from hair samples supplied by relatives, but the testing can take weeks.

And he revealed that the bodies of the bombers will be treated in exactly the same way as the victims.

Dr Reid, coroner for Inner North London and responsible for the identification process at the Kings Cross and Aldgate tube bombs and the Tavistock Square bus bomb, said: "In some cases where there are no fingerprints or dental records we might have to rely on DNA.

"In the worst cases for some of the victims it might take weeks."

He said he understood relatives frustrations at the delay with only ten victims formally identified after six days, but said his priority was to avoid mistakes.

In previous disasters up to 10 per cent of identifications were incorrect.

Dr Reid said that secondary sources include personal possessions, papers, photos and credit cards.
So unless a bomber's fingerprints were on file, he might only be identified by recovered evidence (ID) and/or medical records and/or tissue samples. I note that the families of the three younger men all expressed surprise and grief that their relatives were involved in the bombing. The only ones expressing surprise at Khan's involvement however are former coworkers.

The first tip that it was these four individuals came from the mother of Hasib Hassain's mother, who frantically phoned police to inform that her son was missing. Hassain was the bus bomber, and his decapitated body was found more or less "whole" and was identified by the family.

As I noted in earlier reports, families of the younger men thought their sons (and husband in one case) were heading to a "religious event". Did perhaps Khan trick these other three into carrying backpacks full of explosives with timers without their knowing about it? And did Khan ditch his backpack somewhere along the way and disappear? Or was he killed alongside the rest?

Let's review - Hassain's mother calls into police a few hours after the explosion to report her son is missing. Police get a detailed description of his body and examine the remains of the Tavistock bus explosion, matching Hussain by his clothing. He is decapitated and close to the epicenter of the explosion. Surviving witnesses describe him with a large backpack.

Police backtrack his day, possibly with the help of his family, and see him entering the King's Cross station on CCTV with three other men. Those three men are identified as Siddique Khan, Lindsay and Tanweer. ID from all three men are recovered amongst the bodies, hence these men are the four bombers. And that may very well be what happened.

But if Khan was either a double agent or a secret Al-Qaeda member, either way, he might've escaped. Clearly he has established ties to other Pakistani terrorists, whether as a true colleague or else an undercover agent, and clearly he served in a mentoring capacity to the younger men. Since they told their families they were going to a "religious event" and bought return train tickets to Luton, they may well have been duped, perhaps by Khan, perhaps by someone else.

Again, this investigation is not over and I fully acknowledge that. But if the bombers, whether all 4 or just Khan, got their hands on top-secret Chinese military explosive, some larger force is at play here. Whether that's Al-Qaeda or a government wishing to stage an incident for its own purposes is yet to be determined.

Source

It's worth noting that Zeeshan Siddiqui denies any involvement in the London bombings - or any with Asif Hanif.
dean_saor
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very neat and tidy.

There're a couple of snags on the way though. People at the Hounslow Mosque who knew the two accused of bombing "Mike's Place" deny that they were "radicalised" and claim that in fact they were involved with a sufi shaykh and were opposed to the whole 'suicide bomber' business.

They had gone to Rafah to attend the commemoration of the murder of Rachel Corrie.

Can someone explain to me how two Anglo-Pakistanis can travel from Rafah to Tel Aviv, check into some sort of B&B, meet that evening with a character who supplied them with explosives, then the next day attempt to blow themselves up in a beach front bar without being repeatedly stopped by the Israeli police, military, check points manned by each of those, and interrogated a couple of times by Shin Bet?

It frankly doesn't compute - Israel is not England; they'd have been picked up within the first hour after crossing from Ghaza (assuming that they could do that in the first place).

It seems to me that the government needs to get itself a competent fiction writer, one who can handle this sort of story-line - perhaps someone of Gerald Seymour's capability - because clearly these bureaucrats aren't up to juggling this kind of plot?

cho fad’s a mhaireas ceud a-mhàin glèidhidh sinn gu treun ar saors’ gu bràth ("as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we give up our freedom") Obar Bhrothaig 1320

http://www.nolajbs.net
numeral
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dean_saor

Agreed. The Harry's Place, sorry, Mike's Place event was staged.

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Derby two and the 7/7 four were framed it was definately by the same people as they used the same explosives.

Explosives Used by Terrorists in London and Tel Aviv Identical
18:16 Jul 11, '05 / 4 Tammuz 5765

(IsraelNN.com) Israel police have revealed that the explosives used in the multi-pronged terrorist attack in London last week were materially identical to the explosives used by two British Muslim suicide bombers who struck in Tel Aviv more than a year ago.

It is unknown at this time if the apparent explosives link points to an Israel-based connection, or if it points to a common source of materiel outside both the UK and Israel.

One of the two bombers, who had entered Israel on authentic British passports, blew himself up in Mike's Place pub in the city, killing three people. The second terrorist failed to detonate his charges, fled, and was later found dead on a Tel Aviv beach. The two initially came through Gaza, where they were hosted by International Solidarity Movement (ISM) activists, until they made their way to Tel Aviv to carry out the attack.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=85555
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the proggy on BBC2 last night? Apparently the explosives used by the "british suicide bombers" in Israel was French Military Explosives which was transported into Palestine via a tunnel from Egypt.

On another point.

A tunnel was dug from inside Palestine - from an area which is under constant bombardment from Israeli artillery. A group of Hamas militants crawl (I presume) through the tunnel - one at a time, with large weapons. They gather at the other end of the tunnel. pop up, fire a few RPG's at an Israeli Tower, capture a squaddie then crawl back through the 500 yard tunnel - one at a time, taking the wounded Israeli soldier with them. How in God's name did they manage this?

This is the most ridiculous story I have ever heard.

What would you do?

Exactly. You would dig the tunnel, once the objective was reached you would ram the tunnel full of explosives, trail a det cord back to your own side and BOOM. One Israeli Tower hurtles past the ISS.

I think the story of the kidnapped Israeli is bollox.

Oi veh, that worked really well, lets try it against Hezbollah now.

Last edited by Banish on Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banish wrote:

I think the story of the kidnapped Israeli is bollox.

Oi veh, that worked really well, lets try it against Hezbollah now.

http://judicial-inc.biz/A_ttack_gaza_tunnel_2006.htm

PS - I tried to watch that disgusting show last night, the claims the escaped bomber tried to flee by swimming the sea was outrageous.
Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ally.

And did you notice the photo of ahem "Corporal Gilad" in front of the Tank is a mock up. Its not very clear here, but I spotted it on the chelly. My gf also pointed out that the picnicky photo with a younger dude is a "William Blake" also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> London Bombings of Thursday 7th July 2005 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: