FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manchester national Demonstration
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Manchester national Demonstration Reply with quote

Come and Join the 9/11 Truth contingent at the national stop the war demonstration in Manchester on Saturday 23rd September.

Here are our suggested plans:

A - from 12 noon assemble in the Peace Garden at the corner of Princess Street and St Peter's Square, on the opposite side of the Town Hall from Albert Square where the main demonstration will be gathering. In the garden is a statue of a woman feeding pigeons. Look out for our large black banner there which reads, in white letters: 9/11 INSIDE JOB - FRAME UP

If the police try to stop you from assembling here either go to Albert Square or ring Dave Rufmouth on 07748 347 367.

B - in the peace garden collect leaflets which advertise our discussion and movie screening to be held in the Friends (Quaker) Meeting House in Mount Street from 5pm till 8pm.

C - distribute our leaflet to as many peace demonstrators as possible, with a smile on your face and a friendly supportive word to all you meet.

D - if leafletting is not your thing, carry our banner or your own placard.

E - get to the Quaker Meeting House by 5pm.

It is not clear whether there will be a march through Manchester, which is what normally happens on similar occasions in London. It may just be a rally in Albert Square. If there is a march, remember that your time is probably much better spent spreading information and literature and talking to people than in being one extra person counted on the march. There is now a hunger for the information which the 9/11 Truth Movement have researched and we can no longer be ignored.

TEXT OF LEAFLET

The text of the leaflet we intend disributing reads:

"Chavez thinks 9/11 probably inside job!
"Those towers could have been dynamited," says Venezuela's President Chavez.

The President was reacting to a television report investigating a theory that the Twin Towers on 9/11 had been brought down by controlled explosives after Flights 11 and 175 had crashed into them.

"The hypothesis is not absurd ... that those towers could have been dynamited," Chavez said in a speech on September 12, 2006 to supporters, "A building never collapses like that, unless it's with an implosion...The hypothesis that is gaining strength ... is that it was the same U.S. imperial power that planned and carried out this terrible terrorist attack or act against its own people and against citizens of all over the world.... Why? To justify the aggressions that immediately were unleashed on Afghanistan, on Iraq."

Chavez has said the U.S. launched those wars to ensure its political and economic power. The President and his government are now calling for a new independent, international inquiry into what actually happened on 11 September 2001.

Movie screening invitation
You are cordially invited to a movie screening which examines the truth of US government claims about the 9/11 attacks, followed by a discussion with David Shayler and Annie Machon, MI5 whistleblowers. The meeting starts after the Stop the War demonstration at 5pm in the Quaker Meeting House, 6 Mount Street Manchester M2 5NS; it will finish by 8pm.

Five years of protests with no results!
The current policy of not investigating who was behind the 9/11 attacks, but of trusting the US government’s account, is not producing results in terms of stopping the war. Soon the so-called War on Terror will have lasted as long as World War 2 and yet no end is in sight. The neocons are talking in terms of another 40 or 50 years of it. That means plenty of time for them to spread their power throughout the planet in accordance with their aims stated by the Project for the New American Century before Bush came to power, and plenty time to whip up more Islamophobia in order to retain public backing. Their aim of global "full spectrum dominance" means overwhelming US power on land, sea, air, space and in economics and information.

Yes they want to control the information we have access to. Their new doctrine of "pre-emptive strike" gives them the right to attack any other country whenever they consider a country as a threat to their interests.

They have a proven record of "disinformation". Our government has several times been caught out as complicit with this policy of lies: weapons of mass destruction, yellow cake uranium from Niger, Saddam’s ability to strike at us within 45 minutes, Saddam’s mobile chemical bomb factories, Downing Street’s dodgy dossier, the "ricin conspiracy" in which no ricin was ever found, the "suicide" of Dr David Kelly, the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes, the Forest Gate raids, the recent airport bomb scare in which the public were greatly inconvenienced but offered no information whatsoever. We are just expected to trust these proven liars and accept restrictions to our liberties.

Islamophobia permits ending traditional presumption of "innocence until proven guilty", as four Muslim men have been declared guilty of bombing London, though they never faced trial. Tony Blair immediately ruled out even an inquiry. To those who object to compulsory ID cards he says "If you’ve done nothing wrong, you’ve got nothing to fear." So why no inquiry, Tony? If you’ve done nothing wrong…

Why trust proven liars?
A mass of research shows that the official conspiracy theory propounded by the US government does not fit the evidence. A great deal of media effort is being put into finding the most ridiculously far-fetched theories about what happened that day and then falsely claiming that such theories are policy of the 9/11 Truth Movement. We invite you to examine the evidence for yourselves and make up your own minds about whether George Bush has told the truth.

If he hasn’t and, if the attacks of that day were facilitated or planned by elements within the US government, the justification for the War on Terror - that we are all in constant danger of attack by fanatical Muslims - disappears and those who want to wage war no longer have public support. The "War on Terror" will stop. Isn’t it worth taking a look, rather than retreating into the easy path of saying "No! I won’t look at ‘conspiracy theories‘"? The official explanation is a conspiracy theory.

What the 9/11 Truth Movement stands for
1 We are a network of people who share a common belief that we have not been told the truth about the 9/11 attacks because the official account does not fit the evidence.

2 We have no common theory about what actually happened except that the evidence suggests that at some level US officials had a hand in facilitating the attacks. Some of our supporters think they orchestrated them.

3 We believe that the official 9/11 Commission was fatally flawed, being packed with Bush cronies and having highly restrictive terms of reference. Numerous omissions and distortions of evidence amounting to a whitewash, appear in the official report.

4 We seek an unbiased criminal investigation into this event, the greatest crime in US history, and support Hugo Chavez’ call for an international inquiry.

5 We support the aims of the Stop the War Movement and the Campaign Against Criminalising Communities

Contact us at: www.nineeleven.co.uk, info@nineeleven.co.uk . "

Check the Stop the War Coalition's website here:

http://www.stopthewar.co.uk/

The demonstration is organised by Stop the War Coalition, CND and BMI, and supported by MAB, Islam Channel, Friends of Al Aqsa, CWU, PCS, NUJ, TGWU, RMT, BECTU, UCU
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who plans to come to this? To get an idea of numbers it would be good to know.

Noel
Sherlock
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Manchester Reply with quote

Yea me and Silkspinner will be there Very Happy
Care to you all

Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to be there
uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and a couple of the guys from the wytruth.org.uk should be there.
lostpomme
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there guys Very Happy
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there Capt Mainwearing as long as you dont tell them my names Pike!!!!

Salute

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uselesseater wrote:
Me and a couple of the guys from the wytruth.org.uk should be there.

Most of us will be there I hope

paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostpomme wrote:
I'll be there guys Very Happy

Which of course includes you, lostpomme

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it. See you all there.

Regards

Annie

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i'll be there, insh'Allah

Just been talking to Geoff in Bristol who is printing the leaflets. He'll be posting them direct to Dave Rufmouth (not on this forum) in Manchester.

I think we're experiencing the usual reluctance of southerners to travel north. Never mind: we can make it a mainly northern affair.

Looking forward to seeing you all there. Bring your friends.

Noel
Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there as well, IT'S TIME TO GO..... Mr Blair !! Razz
Sinclair
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map of Demo route etc.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/new/events/documents/230906_map.pdf

manc_demo_23_Sept_map.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.26 KB
 Viewed:  151 Time(s)

manc_demo_23_Sept_map.jpg

redrobin
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: manchester fancy dress Reply with quote

Hi, hope to get to manchester in my best statue of Liberty Lady fancy dress in memory of the American & French revolution, plus the almost english revolution by the much distorted Luddites from Yorkshire & Sherwood who dressed up in drag,stopped workhouses & almost brought corporate fascism to its knees Smile
Luddites were community rebels fighting centralisation,workhouses & clearances.The army couldnt stop them destroying workhouses in Nottinghamshire & Yorkshire,so empire expolited other communities & built more machines
Stephen
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's gonna be a lot people there, I'm geting the train from Liverpool, but those who are coming up on the coaches, should try and remember what coach you get off, because it might be mayhem!!
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest news is that Adrian and Martin are bringing on the Stop the War coach from Bristol to Manchester, 3000 leaflets printed by our supporter, Geoff in Bristol.

If we don't connect with Adrian easily before the demo, which doesn't officially start till 1.00pm in Albert Square, we should try texting Adrian on 07971 836 689. I will have no mobile with me, so can someone else please note Adrian's number so that we can connect with the leaflets?

Belinda tells me she will be driving from London with the banner.

We also need to arrange some books and DVDs for sale at our meeting after the demo. I will bring books, but I don't have many DVDs.

I reckon there'll be at least twenty 9/11 campaigners there, which is certainly enough to make our presence felt, get leaflets around and get talking to people about the issues.

We might try asking people if they think George Bush's version of 9/11 is the truth, whereas Hugo Chavez is a conspiraloon.

Noel
rza_008
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i will be at the demonstration and would like to meet up with you guys, and help hand out leaflets or in any other way.
Will you be selling t-shirts? i've been after one for a long time, but havn't been able to get one.
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be there

will be good to meet some of you guys

see you all on saturday

Belinda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be bringing (some) T-shirts, plenty DVDs, the banner and David & Annie!
We'll be in Albert Square 1pm. I'll have my usual back-pack banner depicting the 3 Towers against a blue background in red frame, look out for that
Belinda
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stop the War coalition have sent us this e-mail:

STOP THE WAR COALITION
NEWSLETTER No. 2006/37
20 September 2006
Email office@stopwar.org.uk
Telephone 020 7278 6694
Web: www.stopwar.org.uk

IN THIS NEWSLETTER:
1) ALL EYES ON MANCHESTER THIS WEEKEND
2) LONDON TO MANCHESTER PEACE TRAIN
3) COACHES ACROSS THE COUNTRY
4) POLICE "FUMING" OVER PEACE CAMP BAN
5) AFTER BLAIR - TIME FOR CHANGE
6) LABOUR AGAINST THE WAR MEETING
7) JOINT STOP THE WAR / CND MEETING

1) ALL EYES ON MANCHESTER THIS WEEKEND
Tony Blair says the Labour conference which starts in Manchester this weekend will be his last. For most of his party, he can't step down as party leader soon enough. "He should go immediately. He is destroying the party," is how one Labour official summed up the situation in the Independent newspaper.

It is not just his party that he is destroying. His support for George Bush's war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan and for Israel's barbaric attacks on Lebanon and Gaza has lead to the destruction of four countries. Which is why tens of thousands of anti-war protestors will pour into Manchester this Saturday 23 September for the TIME TO GO demonstration on the eve of the Labour conference.

Tony Benn, the president of Stop the War, says, "There will be no peace for us until Tony Blair has left Downing Street." But our message will be the same for whoever is the leader of the Labour party: The Bush/Blair wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the threat of further wars in Iran and Syria must end now.

This will almost certainly be the biggest demonstration the north of England has seen for decades. If you haven't yet made your plans to join us, there is still time to book your ticket from wherever you live in Britain. There are coaches organised in every area of the country and a special London to Manchester peace train (SEE BELOW for details).

George Bush's view that "progress towards peace and democracy" is being made in Iraq and Afghanistan is a laughable fantasy, but not for the people suffering every day the almost unimaginable levels of mass slaughter and devastation which the Bush/Blair wars have brought to their countries.

United Nations Secretary Kofi Annan says the US/UK invasion of Iraq has been a disaster for the Middle East region and on Saturday we have the chance, in our tens of thousands, to bring home to the Labour conference that top of the Labour Party's agenda must be the need to end the Bush/Blair wars. JOIN US.

DEMONSTRATION DETAILS: http://tinyurl.com/k7jhz
MAP OF DEMONSTRATION ROUTE: http://tinyurl.com/ekmvw
Details of the speakers at the demonstration rally will be published on the Stop the War website shortly: www.stopwar.org.uk

2) LONDON TO MANCHESTER PEACE TRAIN
If you live in London you can take the Stop the War Peace Train and join TONY BENN, BIANCA JAGGER, legendary folk singer PEGGY SEEGER, former British ambassador CRAIG MURRAY, poet ADRIAN MITCHELL and many other prominent voices from the anti-war movement, who will be speaking or performing on the train. BBC TV and Al-Jazeera TV are among the media channels who will be reporting from the train.
THERE ARE STILL SOME PEACE TRAIN TICKETS AVAILABLE BUT TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT BOOK NOW:
PHONE 020 7278 6694 OR
BOOK ONLINE: http://tinyurl.com/onofl

TRAIN Departs Euston Station 08.12 am
Arrives Manchester 11.56 am
Returns from Manchester 06.30 pm
Arrives Euston Station 10.08 pm

3) COACHES ACROSS THE COUNTRY
Such is the demand from people who want to add their voice to the TIME TO GO demonstration that many local Stop the War groups are reporting they have booked more coaches than for any demonstration since 2003. Full details of coaches organised across the country are available on the Stop the War website. Coaches are still being added each day, so if your town or borough is not listed, contact the Stop the War office on 020 7278 6694.
DETAILS OF COACHES IN YOUR AREA ARE AVAILABLE HERE:
http://tinyurl.com/jeqpv

The Manchester drop off and pick up points for coaches are available here:
http://tinyurl.com/ekmvw

4) POLICE "FUMING" OVER PEACE CAMP BAN
Manchester City Labour Council prides itself on being Britain's premier "city of peace" but it has banned a peace camp planned by military families who have lost loved ones in the Bush/Blair wars or who have relatives serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. The peace camp is planned to coincide with the Labour conference and the TIME TO GO demonstration and will go ahead despite the ban.

The reasons given by the council for refusing permission for a peace camp are so unsupportable that even the police have said they are against the ban. A Manchester police spokesperson said, "The council are saying it's a security issue but it's not. We're fuming about this. We've got no problem with the protest."

The real reason must be Labour wanting to avoid embarrassment for Tony Blair over his wars which have caused such suffering for these families. Rose Gentle, whose 19 year old son Gordon was killed in Iraq, says: "We think it's because it's the Labour conference and they don't want us going and voicing our opinions because Mr Blair is going to be there. We're still going to come down and camp out and if the police come and lift us then they do."

Rose explained in the Daily Mail why she will be defying the ban: http://tinyurl.com/l78cn. And Pam Haywood, mother of a serving soldier in Iraq, told the BBC why she will be there too: http://tinyurl.com/kk933

FOR DETAILS OF THE MILITARY FAMILIES PEACE CAMP AT THE LABOUR CONFERENCE, GO TO: http://www.mfaw.org.uk/

5) AFTER BLAIR - TIME FOR CHANGE
Many protestors from across the county are planning to stay for the weekend in Manchester so they can attend both the TIME TO GO demonstration and the Stop the War alternative conference on Sunday 24 September, entitled After Blair - Time for Change. Entrance is free and all are welcome.

STOP THE WAR ALTERNATIVE CONFERENCE
AFTER BLAIR: TIME FOR CHANGE
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER: 10.30 am - 6.00 pm
Roscoe Building, University of Manchester,
Brunswick Street, Manchester M13 9PL

TOPICS
* Crisis in the Middle East
* Islamophobia and the Strategy of Tension
* The Humanitarian and Economic Costs of War
* The Media and War

SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Tariq Ali, George Galloway MP, Guantanamo detainee Moazzam Begg, former UK ambassador Craig Murray and many other prominent anti-war voices. There are a wide range of workshops through the day.
DETAILS OF THE CONFERENCE ARE HERE: http://tinyurl.com/hl66p

There are many in the Labour Party who have consistently opposed Tony Blair's warmongering. LABOUR AGAINST THE WAR has organised a fringe meeting at the Labour Conference in Manchester on Sunday 24 September.

LABOUR CONFERENCE FRINGE MEETING:
ENOUGH! TIME TO LEAVE IRAQ
Organised by Labour Against the War
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 7PM
CHAIR: Alan Simpson MP.
SPEAKERS: Tony Benn, Rose Gentle (MFAW), Billy Hayes (Gen Sec, CWU), Jeremy Corbyn MP, Christine Shawcroft (LP NEC), John McDonnell MP, Milan Rai, Andrew Murray (StWC), Walter Wolfgang (LP NEC).
VENUE: Friends Meeting House. 6 Mount Street, Manchester M2 5NS.
ENTRANCE: £2
See http://www.labouragainstthewar.org.uk/

Stop the War and CND have organised a joint fringe meeting at the Labour Conference:
TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ. DON'T ATTACK IRAN
METHODIST CENTRAL HALL, OLDHAM STREET, MANCHESTER 7PM
SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Tony Benn, Walter Wolfgang (Labour Party NEC), Michael Meacher MP, Craig Murray, Roudabeh Shafie (Action Iran), Lindsey German (STWC), Kate Hudson (CND)
alkmyst
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rose Gentle, whose 19 year old son Gordon was killed in Iraq, says: "We think it's because it's the Labour conference and they don't want us going and voicing our opinions because Mr Blair is going to be there. We're still going to come down and camp out and if the police come and lift us then they do."

Now, these ladies have got the right idea. Anyone prepared to give them support? Even the Police have indicated that they have no objection to the Peace Camp!

The afternoon will be filled with empty rhetoric from Galloway, Benn, Moazzam Begg, who when I last spoke with him was still buying in to the official version of 9/11 (perhaps the terms of his release require that he peddles the myth) and the ubiquitous Milan Rai, who quite probably wrote the Government Narrative on 7/7!

Nafeez Ahmed goes up in my estimation ....for NOT speaking at this charade!

Call it a hunch but my guess is that the vast majority of the so called Peace Activists will be on their respective buses, coaches and trains by 7pm on Saturday evening and back at their desks first thing Monday morning.

Well, at least there is an opportunity to get the 9/11 Truth message out to grass roots campaigners and for this, I wish you every success. But please don't lose sight of the fact that this is an officially sanctioned event, designed to take the heat off of the Labour Party Conference.

Unless of course ... you take your tents!

Al K Myst
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belinda wrote:
We'll be in Albert Square 1pm. I'll have my usual back-pack banner depicting the 3 Towers against a blue background in red frame, look out for that
Belinda

Belinda,

The plan we announced was to meet in the Peace Garden, marked by a statue of a woman feeding pigeons, on the opposite side of the Town Hall from Albert Square, from noon onwards. When we've assembled and worked out our strategy we'll move round to Albert Square.

I'll try to get you by phone to alert you to this plan.

Noel
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some UK 911 truth campaign presence at these fringe meetings?

Quote:
There are many in the Labour Party who have consistently opposed Tony Blair's warmongering. LABOUR AGAINST THE WAR has organised a fringe meeting at the Labour Conference in Manchester on Sunday 24 September.

LABOUR CONFERENCE FRINGE MEETING:
ENOUGH! TIME TO LEAVE IRAQ
Organised by Labour Against the War
SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER 7PM
CHAIR: Alan Simpson MP.
SPEAKERS: Tony Benn, Rose Gentle (MFAW), Billy Hayes (Gen Sec, CWU), Jeremy Corbyn MP, Christine Shawcroft (LP NEC), John McDonnell MP, Milan Rai, Andrew Murray (StWC), Walter Wolfgang (LP NEC).
VENUE: Friends Meeting House. 6 Mount Street, Manchester M2 5NS.
ENTRANCE: £2
See http://www.labouragainstthewar.org.uk/

Stop the War and CND have organised a joint fringe meeting at the Labour Conference:
TROOPS OUT OF IRAQ. DON'T ATTACK IRAN
METHODIST CENTRAL HALL, OLDHAM STREET, MANCHESTER 7PM
SPEAKERS INCLUDE: Tony Benn, Walter Wolfgang (Labour Party NEC), Michael Meacher MP, Craig Murray, Roudabeh Shafie (Action Iran), Lindsey German (STWC), Kate Hudson (CND)

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
rza_008
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belinda wrote:
Belinda

cool, i'l look out for you then, how much are you selling them for?
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and get over, but I am working in the morning, so it'll be later on.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop the war have now sent us this:

STOP THE WAR COALITION
NEWSLETTER No. 2006/38
21 September 2006
Email office@stopwar.org.uk
Telephone 020 7278 6694
Web: www.stopwar.org.uk

IN THIS NEWSLETTER:
1) BRING BAGHDAD'S STREETS TO MANCHESTER
2) ITV WANTS YOUR VIDEOS AND PICTURES
3) LIMITED EDITION TIME TO GO T-SHIRT

1) BRING BAGHDAD'S STREETS TO MANCHESTER
The United Nations has just announced that 6600 people have been killed in Iraq in the last two months (See http://tinyurl.com/qhwok). This will be much lower than the actual figure, as many deaths go unreported because of the Muslim practice of burying the dead within 24 hours. The death rate of US and UK soldiers has also escalated sharply in that time and is now running at its highest level for six months. (See http://icasualties.org/oif/)

To symbolise this appalling carnage resulting from Bush and Blair's illegal war in Iraq, we are organising a MASS DIE-IN, for those who wish to participate, as a feature of the TIME TO GO demonstration in Manchester on Saturday 23 September. We want to stress that joining the die-in is of course entirely voluntary. For those who wish to participate, we are asking that they bring a white sheet or clothe to lie on, if possible with splashes of red poster paint on it. Our aim is for a few minutes to symbolise as graphically as we can the horrific levels of violent death which now characterise daily life in Baghdad and many other towns and cities in Iraq.

We will hold the die-in at around 2.30pm, when we anticipate our march will completely encircle the G-Mex Centre, where the Labour Conference is taking place. The march stewards will announce the die-in to the marchers. The die-in will last a few minutes.

We hope that the die-in will get significant media coverage, as we did with our children's shoes event at our emergency Lebanon demonstration on August 5, which symbolised so movingly that the majority of the victims of Israel's bombing outrages were young children. At the very least the die-in in Manchester on 23 September will be a reminder to the Labour delegates at their party's conference that they have a responsibility, as they discuss the fate of Tony Blair next week, to ensure that his wars are brought to an end before any more Iraqis die at an average rate of over 100 every day.

FULL DETAILS OF THE TIME TO GO DEMONSTRATION ARE AVAILABLE AT: http://www.stopwar.org.uk/

2) ITV WANTS YOUR VIDEOS AND PICTURES
Endemol UK are working on a major TV news review of 2006 for ITV called 'I Was There: The People's News' to be broadcast at the end of this year. They are seeking the participation of Stop the War supporters, as they explain here:

In this totally unique programme we will take a look at the main news events of 2006 using footage shot by people who were actually there. We want to feature the major events from the perspective of people in the midst of it, experiencing the news directly - not through the eyes of the news organisations.

We are interested in footage from the 'Stop the War' events of 2006. Did you take any video footage or pictures with your mobile phone, camera or camcorder? If so we'd really love to see it.

We're also interested in footage and pictures of 'Stop the War' events still to come this year, especially the 'Peace Train' to Manchester on Saturday and the demonstrations in Manchester over the weekend.

You can send any footage or clips via our website at www.itv/com/iwasthere, by MMS to 07834 940000 or just call our hotline on 020 8222 4966 for
assistance.

3) LIMITED EDITION TIME TO GO T-SHIRT
Stop the War has produced a limited edition TIME TO GO t-shirt, designed by renowned artist David Gentleman, who creates the now legendary "blood spot" posters and placards for Stop the War. These will be on sale on the demonstration at the Stop the War stall in Albert Square at £7 for short sleeves and £8 for long sleeves.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we have to have three threads on this demo: this one http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=25171#25171 , this one http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=25039#25039 and this one http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=25044#25044 ?

Noel
paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps people could reply tactically to keep all three adjacent
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why do we have to have three threads on this demo: this one http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=25171#25171 , this one http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=25039#25039 and this one http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=25044#25044 ?

Noel

The inevtable consequence of a loose movement and the mechanics of the website forum! Perhaps our moderators/webmaster could do the honours and come up with the solution and amalgamate them!

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: