FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I an enemy of 9/11 truth?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Am I an enemy of 9/11 truth? Reply with quote

On a different thread pikey asked me these questions and suggested that i should stick to critics corner as i am not part of this movement due to my answers. I find that pretty insulting, paramount to a brainwashed canalised follow the leader focus that i see daily in the world of politics. I am no longer shocked to see this clique-y and singular ethos expressed here as many members seem to be infested with the delusion that they are crusaders of truth on a divine mission that the world will eventually follow them on.

if i am now a 'critic' for holding these views and am unwelcome here then i will no longer post here and interrupt your campaign. I will judge whether i will continue to contribute or not based on the balance of replies to this thread.

it began when i wrote this:
Quote:
..by getting involved in the political system...er thats as un-independent as you can possibly get. I don't mean to be negative in the wider sense my statement is not a negative one - do whatever you feel that empowers you, i just wont be tagging along with that idea for the reasons ive expressed earlier in this thread

If it's publicity you are after by electioneering (as 2 posters mentioned)- well thats a chimera as success of radical groups is very unlikely and will lead to pigeon-holing and ridicule by the mainstream and a powerless existence (BNP, respect, monster raving loony party...etc..) Any effect these groups have has been counteracted by their inability to be effective outside of small powerless areas

no one has the answers - certainly not me, but i do have plenty of 'no go areas' and politics is top of the list.

i believe in civil disobedience (worked for the suffragettes and gandi) and breaking the monopoly of control the system wields on society by exposing its weakness as it is after all only held in place by daily consent by 100% of the population. by partaking in politics you are consenting further to being lied to and living in a police state.

what have stop the war achieved with their pacifist marching - nothing. what are they likely to achieve - nothing. The gov't ignored 1 million protesters on their doorstep on the eve of the iraq war - they wont listen now. time to stop playing games. If people really want to effect change then this system has gotta come down and be exposed as rotten and replaced as soon as possible. only THEN can a truly independent panel be formed and succeed in investigating 9/11

and the questions followed:

Quote:
my replies in bold

Please could you respond to the following questions:

Quote:
(a) how you propose we gain MASSIVE public support in not too long a timescale (otherwise the official CT will go down in the history books and the content of books like David Ray Griffins will be put down as another JFK type conspiracy theory)

1) get rid of no planes from this site

2) Understand that at the political level this will never bite in the UK as it is a de facto american event. Even though it affects us profoundely no 'action' will be taken here for that premise by anyone public in a position of power. The UK is married to the US in a very subserviant way and following political avenues is pointless. We are outside the system - best operate on that premise and with that advantage.

3) Stop putting deadlines on the impossible. Massive public support will not happen as a result of 9/11 truth - it will by reflection of a more pressing event .. possibly the reaction to the Iran war or the bush presidency etc... that will then deflect opened eyes and that is when this kind of campaign will shine.

4) Get the ignormaus poposity and arrogance off this campaign and this site with people thinking they are better than those in the media and private life who are 'asleep'. This is not endemic here but it is far too visible. No one will react to this info if it is presented in such a way constantly. i believe the quote 'communication is only possible between equals' is relevant...

(b) how you propose creating peaceful civil disobediance.

good question. there are as many ways as there are minds to think of them. All i am sure of is it has to be non violent so as to attract no negative sentiment (remember the fuel protests a few years ago - everyone supported them) it has to involve bodies on the streets literally blocking the criminals from getting to their positions of power to wage wars and draft polics state legislation. there are not enough people to do that because they are following the neutered stop the war campaign which is controlled opposition and as dangerous to the gov't as apple pie's coming alive and taking over blighty

Supplementary questions:-

1. have you signed the petition on the front page supporting the demand for a full professional independent investigation into 911?

no. i dont believe an independent investigation is possible under the current political and social situation. those must be corrected before any of the above is done. If it does happen it will be used to invite a controlled damage release of what happened to make sure it is blamed on the bush admin for example to ensure the system at large continues along with minimal disruption (go back to sleep etc...) that is a counter productive occurence

2. are you a member of a 911 truth group? If you are which group would that be.

no. i am a member of no groups and will never be. i am an individual and i expect that you and others respect that

3. do you campaign for 911 truth and if so what methods do you use?

directly no. But my work and my personal conversations always advance my views. So of course i talk about it. I work academically in politics research and my research is primarily on 'new imperialism' as john pilger would call it and that is using terror and war to cement a new order of might as right and the weak are left to suffer regardless. I also look into a wide range of topics inside the political paradigm, but i am aiming to push the debate inside the box to include the fact that terror events are state sponsored.

i do not protest or campaign. they are both not condusive to progress in my opinion, although i did intend to stay in london for the 9/11 protest after i went to the DRG event to meet people and offer support for those who do choose to protest, but i had to go back to work on the monday.

many people who dont know me think im defeatist and negative. When they get to know me they understand that i am very progressive and forward thinking, but immensely critical. I can see how i'd come across reading the above, but i really dont care what others think of me and ive extended you this lengthly and detailed response because you made the effort to ask.

cheers, iro

(i have also posted this in critics corner for their attention)
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don´t stick to any corner.

IMO If you or anyone has an opinion then they have the right to post it. Truth can only come from scrutiny of apparent facts or fiction, if there is a thread of doubt in any subject then it should be elliminated through discussion and if there is no conclusion made then we should agree to disagree until new evidence appears.

You are an enemy of the truth if you don´t expess it.

brian
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I would question is the refusal to sign the petition.

Even if you are correct that under present conditions it will not happen surely it is one way of bringing notice to the issue which in itself is necessary before the conditions can even begin to be changed.
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not signing any petition either, for the simple reason that I dont trust anyone, and having my signature on some paper work can be used against me in the future.

Who knows what will be happening in 2 or 3 years. Don´t want to be tortured as a terrorist for signing some pointless petition.

kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bicnarok wrote:

Who knows what will be happening in 2 or 3 years. Don´t want to be tortured as a terrorist for signing some pointless petition.

I suppose this is a scary possibility for many of us. Can't imagine things will ever get this bad but....who knows?
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Iro

I sincerely hope you will choose to stick around and come to know us all better. One thing I have tried to achieve (or atleast influence) through this forum/campaign is a lack of an inner clique or any type of elitism based on who has been involved longest or whatever. And I for one have no desire to replicate the ridiculous power games and politicking of mainstream political parties or even many established campaigning organisations and by and large I'm happy with how we have grown.

Now clearly, you and Pikey (aka Steve) may have a few bridges to mend but I ask you not to write off what is genuinely a grass roots network on the basis of this exchange and it is also worth baring in mind that people often say things or come across differently in cyber space than they communicate in real life.

My other advice (and this applies to us all) is to focus on people who you do have common ground with and pay less attention to those that don't share your take. Amongst any diverse group of campaigners, you will always find a few characters who rub you up the wrong way perhaps.

To take an example, iro. You are clearly not v impressed by the 'no planes' (more accurately known as the No big boeings NBBs) hypothesis and you are not alone. But rather than focus lots of energy trying to convince those that do follow the NBBs hypothesis of the 'error' of their ways, my advice would be to talk up and focus on those angles of the evidence that you do find convincing and leave NBBs advocates to follow their own path.

I hope this helps.

PS Pikey's a lovely guy who is not 'cliquey' (even if that is how he has come across) as I'm sure you would discover were you two to meet.

PPS Whilst I would encourage people to sign the petition, I understand if people choose not to and it is certainly not some kind of requirement.
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: FOOTAGE OF MISSILE HITTING WTC 2 Reply with quote

Watch the attached documentary (very good) and you will see a missile (not a plane) hit WTC2
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE IT IS

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3891535120990840079&q=SYMBOL ISM
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
HERE IT IS

Looks a lot like a plane to me.

Typical extreme CT insanity
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: FOOTAGE OF MISSILE HITTING WTC 2 Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
Watch the attached documentary (very good) and you will see a missile (not a plane) hit WTC2

In the course of this very long moviemaker documentary we do see something extraordinary though I'm not at all sure it's a missile, although I'd generally accept the case
Can anyone excerpt and analyse the frames?

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FOOTAGE OF MISSILE HITTING WTC 2 Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:

Incidentally, your position would debunk Sheriton Hotel's "drone" theory. Please argue with him/her directly.
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god how did this become a no planes thread Shocked
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iro wrote:
oh god how did this become a no planes thread Shocked

Heaven knows iro.
It was a plane.
There is film, there are photos.
Localised insanity?
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Hi Iro

I sincerely hope you will choose to stick around and come to know us all better. One thing I have tried to achieve (or atleast influence) through this forum/campaign is a lack of an inner clique or any type of elitism based on who has been involved longest or whatever. And I for one have no desire to replicate the ridiculous power games and politicking of mainstream political parties or even many established campaigning organisations and by and large I'm happy with how we have grown.

Now clearly, you and Pikey (aka Steve) may have a few bridges to mend but I ask you not to write off what is genuinely a grass roots network on the basis of this exchange and it is also worth baring in mind that people often say things or come across differently in cyber space than they communicate in real life.

My other advice (and this applies to us all) is to focus on people who you do have common ground with and pay less attention to those that don't share your take. Amongst any diverse group of campaigners, you will always find a few characters who rub you up the wrong way perhaps.

To take an example, iro. You are clearly not v impressed by the 'no planes' (more accurately known as the No big boeings NBBs) hypothesis and you are not alone. But rather than focus lots of energy trying to convince those that do follow the NBBs hypothesis of the 'error' of their ways, my advice would be to talk up and focus on those angles of the evidence that you do find convincing and leave NBBs advocates to follow their own path.

I hope this helps.

PS Pikey's a lovely guy who is not 'cliquey' (even if that is how he has come across) as I'm sure you would discover were you two to meet.

PPS Whilst I would encourage people to sign the petition, I understand if people choose not to and it is certainly not some kind of requirement.

ok cheers ian

but

this is what pikey has just left for me as a reply on another thread:
Quote:

The 911 truth movement (GB & I) consists of a majority of positive, creative and top quality people who refrain from personal insults and play the ball not the man.

You iro IMO are in the minority on this website and in the movement, with the likes of the shills/trolls. IMO you are here to dilute the focus of the campaign and take away the campaigns limited energy

I dont know you iro, nor do I wish to, but it would be better for the movement IMO if you took your negativity and doom and gloom somewhere else.

is this not the antithesis of what you have just described to me?
i sent one pm to pikey just touching base and offering a personal sentiment to resolve any problem i had with him and apparently that is unwelcome.

very odd

i have also had massive problems with mark gobell who is a complete idiot in anyones perception. this forum is on the whole a very negative experience and the irony of me being accused of negativity is laughable when all i am doing is debating the contradictions in certain ideals here incredibly politely.
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
HERE IT IS

Hey TRUTH! I have got very little space on this PC, can you tell me the approximate time of this footage? Cheers mate!
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all descending crappage isnt it
Time to get out and start again rather than reiterate
Iro you need to get into the collective reality whilst retaining your own, twsuf you need to stop it, well Pikey's just Pikey
We're heading this towards heaven not hell and we just need to realise

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh wrote:
Iro you need to get into the collective reality whilst retaining your own, twsuf you need to stop it, well Pikey's just Pikey

dh , your sig is inspirational. I'm not taking the p#ss here.
It's truly magnificent. I will copy it.
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
dh wrote:

So, Ignatz have you converted your own worlview to that of TRUTH or are you still suckling at the teet of distorted nonsense fed to you via the media propaganda machine?
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:
Ignatz wrote:
dh wrote:

So, Ignatz have you converted your own worlview to that of TRUTH or are you still suckling at the teet of distorted nonsense fed to you via the media propaganda machine?

I think dh's sig is magnificent. That's all. Nighty night.

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that comment by prole :
Quote:

is again directly indicative of the arrogance here i am on about.

people differ - there is no 'TRUTH' about anthing in life - just opinions and differing interpretations of evidence. It's all in the eye of the beholder

this forum is a negative entity. i would never in my wildest dreams invite any curious person here to educate them on the 9/11 issue. there is too much ego and too much divine 'i know im right and you are wrong' arrogance.
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:
THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
HERE IT IS

Hey TRUTH! I have got very little space on this PC, can you tell me the approximate time of this footage? Cheers mate!

Hello Prole - it is at 22minutes 53 seconds
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iro wrote:
that comment by prole :
Quote:

is again directly indicative of the arrogance here i am on about.

people differ - there is no 'TRUTH' about anthing in life - just opinions and differing interpretations of evidence. It's all in the eye of the beholder

this forum is a negative entity. i would never in my wildest dreams invite any curious person here to educate them on the 9/11 issue. there is too much ego and too much divine 'i know im right and you are wrong' arrogance.

Iro, you might find as you become aware of certain posters way of operating that not everyone is here with the best of intentions.

911 is the leading edge big issue of our age - politically the one that everything else springs from, and certain folks would prefer it wasn't and try to minimise and dismiss anything related to it.

What you interpret as arrogance might just as easily be disgust at those who are actively working to assist in the ongoing cover-up of mass murder and illegal war.

Not in every case, but bear that in mind before rushing to judgement of the perceived attitudes of other truthers.
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arrogance is still arrogance and it is not pretty and certianly not constructive
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with much of what you say iro.

You don't seem much of an enemy to 9/11 Truth to me, just someone who is very pragmatic about their approach.

Your ideas re: avoiding no planes theories and not adopting a condescending view to the general public are helpful and should be taken on board by all.

Most importantly, civil disobedience is absolutely key. We need to get the idea of General Strike into everyone's heads. I think it is only through action such as this that any genuine change can be made. Perhaps we should think less in terms of reaching critical mass for political influence and more in terms of reaching enough people to successfully execute a general strike.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I an enemy of 9/11 truth? Reply with quote

iro wrote:
On a different thread pikey asked me these questions and suggested that i should stick to critics corner as i am not part of this movement due to my answers. I find that pretty insulting, paramount to a brainwashed canalised follow the leader focus that i see daily in the world of politics. I am no longer shocked to see this clique-y and singular ethos expressed here as many members seem to be infested with the delusion that they are crusaders of truth on a divine mission that the world will eventually follow them on.

if i am now a 'critic' for holding these views and am unwelcome here then i will no longer post here and interrupt your campaign. I will judge whether i will continue to contribute or not based on the balance of replies to this thread.

it began when i wrote this:
Quote:
..by getting involved in the political system...er thats as un-independent as you can possibly get. I don't mean to be negative in the wider sense my statement is not a negative one - do whatever you feel that empowers you, i just wont be tagging along with that idea for the reasons ive expressed earlier in this thread

If it's publicity you are after by electioneering (as 2 posters mentioned)- well thats a chimera as success of radical groups is very unlikely and will lead to pigeon-holing and ridicule by the mainstream and a powerless existence (BNP, respect, monster raving loony party...etc..) Any effect these groups have has been counteracted by their inability to be effective outside of small powerless areas

no one has the answers - certainly not me, but i do have plenty of 'no go areas' and politics is top of the list.

i believe in civil disobedience (worked for the suffragettes and gandi) and breaking the monopoly of control the system wields on society by exposing its weakness as it is after all only held in place by daily consent by 100% of the population. by partaking in politics you are consenting further to being lied to and living in a police state.

what have stop the war achieved with their pacifist marching - nothing. what are they likely to achieve - nothing. The gov't ignored 1 million protesters on their doorstep on the eve of the iraq war - they wont listen now. time to stop playing games. If people really want to effect change then this system has gotta come down and be exposed as rotten and replaced as soon as possible. only THEN can a truly independent panel be formed and succeed in investigating 9/11

and the questions followed:

Quote:
my replies in bold

Please could you respond to the following questions:

Quote:
(a) how you propose we gain MASSIVE public support in not too long a timescale (otherwise the official CT will go down in the history books and the content of books like David Ray Griffins will be put down as another JFK type conspiracy theory)

1) get rid of no planes from this site

2) Understand that at the political level this will never bite in the UK as it is a de facto american event. Even though it affects us profoundely no 'action' will be taken here for that premise by anyone public in a position of power. The UK is married to the US in a very subserviant way and following political avenues is pointless. We are outside the system - best operate on that premise and with that advantage.

3) Stop putting deadlines on the impossible. Massive public support will not happen as a result of 9/11 truth - it will by reflection of a more pressing event .. possibly the reaction to the Iran war or the bush presidency etc... that will then deflect opened eyes and that is when this kind of campaign will shine.

4) Get the ignormaus poposity and arrogance off this campaign and this site with people thinking they are better than those in the media and private life who are 'asleep'. This is not endemic here but it is far too visible. No one will react to this info if it is presented in such a way constantly. i believe the quote 'communication is only possible between equals' is relevant...

(b) how you propose creating peaceful civil disobediance.

good question. there are as many ways as there are minds to think of them. All i am sure of is it has to be non violent so as to attract no negative sentiment (remember the fuel protests a few years ago - everyone supported them) it has to involve bodies on the streets literally blocking the criminals from getting to their positions of power to wage wars and draft polics state legislation. there are not enough people to do that because they are following the neutered stop the war campaign which is controlled opposition and as dangerous to the gov't as apple pie's coming alive and taking over blighty

Supplementary questions:-

1. have you signed the petition on the front page supporting the demand for a full professional independent investigation into 911?

no. i dont believe an independent investigation is possible under the current political and social situation. those must be corrected before any of the above is done. If it does happen it will be used to invite a controlled damage release of what happened to make sure it is blamed on the bush admin for example to ensure the system at large continues along with minimal disruption (go back to sleep etc...) that is a counter productive occurence

2. are you a member of a 911 truth group? If you are which group would that be.

no. i am a member of no groups and will never be. i am an individual and i expect that you and others respect that

3. do you campaign for 911 truth and if so what methods do you use?

directly no. But my work and my personal conversations always advance my views. So of course i talk about it. I work academically in politics research and my research is primarily on 'new imperialism' as john pilger would call it and that is using terror and war to cement a new order of might as right and the weak are left to suffer regardless. I also look into a wide range of topics inside the political paradigm, but i am aiming to push the debate inside the box to include the fact that terror events are state sponsored.

i do not protest or campaign. they are both not condusive to progress in my opinion, although i did intend to stay in london for the 9/11 protest after i went to the DRG event to meet people and offer support for those who do choose to protest, but i had to go back to work on the monday.

many people who dont know me think im defeatist and negative. When they get to know me they understand that i am very progressive and forward thinking, but immensely critical. I can see how i'd come across reading the above, but i really dont care what others think of me and ive extended you this lengthly and detailed response because you made the effort to ask.

cheers, iro

(i have also posted this in critics corner for their attention)

Hi Iro

I hope you'll stick around. I find I have so many attitudes in common with you, (particularly the need for non-violence and civil disobedience) though there are some on which we differ, and I certainly don't regard any of the obviously sincere views you have expressed as disruptive in any way. We need to debate all relevant issues sincerely, because none of us knows for certain what techniques we should use to help history to unravel for the best. You appear to think that 9/11 will not be a catylist for the public in the UK to wake up and insist on a change of direction from advancing the US neocon global agenda. You may be right, or an attack on Iran may stimulate the public to look more deeply into the origins of this endless War on Terror.

As for an independent inquiry, David Ray Griffin has proposed a European one, Webster Tarpley a global one. I would support either, if either gathered steam, but I think the European idea would be more manageable and might well carry more weight in the US than a global one would. I suspect that which ever got off the ground would depend on who was prepared to put money into it.

As for NPT, I agree with you that these are damaging to the campaign, whether they are true or not, and I keep arguing on this site that all speculation about what really happened should have its own section whose headlines do not appear on the front page, similar to critics corner. There will always be crazy theories around and there will always be those who come to this site, find the craziest things which are written here, and then use them as an excuse for not taking the campaign seriously.

But, I believe in free expression and I would not ban NPT from this site. Pornography, commercial spam, advocacy of violence and of discrimination and hatred against certain classes of people is what I would ban and that is the policy of this site.

You are welcome.

Noel
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi noel - thanks for the detailed reply - i would add that my no planes comment was only in direct response to being asked how best to achieve a MASSIVE and quick public support for this cause... in the wider sense i couldn't care less who believes or expounds upon no planes - thats their right, but i dont think it has a place in this campaign if, for example, i am told i have no place in it because i hold a critical viewpoint of the directions taken on here

...if you get me....

i get the distinct impression i have gathered here is that there is a quandary on the issue of whether it is best to have loose guidance or strong leadership on this campaign ... and since the former has been adopted the implications of that are having open wounds for critics to pick at and a lack of coordination from the members in terms of what they say publicly to others (here) which is damaging in the long run as people literally get intimidated and bullied.

That is an admirable position - but it is damaging to the image and to the stranger who wanders in expecting to find a warm accepting community of 'enlightened' persons united in a noble cause - and instead finds something similar to a pub brawl at a workers party conference.

There is little debate here as the 'core' have all settled on an idea of the truth for the most part and anyone outside of that is a shill or an outsider as i have been led to feel.

there is far too much shouting and arrogance from some people who are only doing it because they know very little and are compensating. I actually have had more stimulation from the critics in some senses as at least they are objective.

i am sorry if i have offended the many brilliant people i have conversed with on here, but responsibility is a pinnacle of any organisation, loose or not, and sooner or later there is going to have to be proactive moderation from those who feel that there is a bigger objective here than letting various ego's be fulfilled
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought critics corner was strictly for those time wasters who rarely have anything intelligent to say, who rebut evidence with silly meaningless comments. Iro's post's are intelligent, pertinent, and generally well worth reading.....thats my opinion.

I think you have to be very careful when talking about who can express their views, and where they can do it, for obvious reasons.
graphicequaliser
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ishaar wrote:
I thought critics corner was strictly for those time wasters who rarely have anything intelligent to say, who rebut evidence with silly meaningless comments. Iro's post's are intelligent, pertinent, and generally well worth reading.....thats my opinion.

I largely agree, but he does tend to get trolled easily. Not by one camp or another, but by most sides of the arguments!

Graphic Smile
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graphicequaliser wrote:
ishaar wrote:

I largely agree, but he does tend to get trolled easily. Not by one camp or another, but by most sides of the arguments!

yeah - unlucky for me...still i suppose it means i am invoking debate and ruffling feathers which can only be a good thing...
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer your question, iro, personally, I don't think that there is anything wrong with having high analytical standards which would mean that one would not swallow everything without chewing it first.

The person who seems to be giving you grief here has in my experience demonstrated that they have a poor level of analysis and have often swallowed whole lumps of gristle. Though they adamantly deny it now, they were very keen on leading the 9/11 Truth campaign with the now almost universally discredited missile pod/flash theory despite my protestations.

They have recently claimed to have never believed in it - which is utterly untrue. They also make frequent appeals to 'play the man not the ball' though they clearly are attacking you - not your arguments - here. They have also made personal attacks on me - though usually by private message.

And incidentally, at the outset they proposed that the organisation should adopt an ordinal system of membership numbers, presumably to give them seniority. You will notice how often they like to boast about what they have done and challenge anybody who disagrees with them to reveal what they have done. It is a bit like watching a patheticly insecure sub-dominant male on a wildlife programme.

You have adopted a very awkward position in the middle ground and you are very likely to come under attack from all sides - as I have despite having been a 9/11 activist for years before the UK Truth Campaign began. As I have pointed out to those 9/11 activist who attack me, campaigning for the truth means that one must accept the truth - no matter how unpalatable it may prove to be - and that conjecture is not fact.

It is for this reason that I chose to no longer be a regular participant in the forum, though my attention was drawn to a discussion in another thread to which I felt compelled to contribute.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: