FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

400+ DVDs with little mag - Needs duplicator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: 400+ DVDs with little mag - Needs duplicator Reply with quote

I help make a little non-profit magazine and want to get 400-500 DVDs to give away with each copy. I'm guessing that the majority of our readers haven't seen anything like LC2 but think that they would be very receptive to such ideas.

We're going to have an article about 9-11, either written by myself or someone from this group to encourage the reader to watch and share the DVD with others. So rather than just giving them out to anybody, we'd hopefully be hitting a useful audience, and because of our emphasis on participation, they'll hopefully join the movement.

I have to run it by the others but I'm pretty sure we could just about afford to buy 400 DVDs (22p each / 88quid) + 400 card sleeves (4p each / 16quid) + postage = apx. 100 pounds

The only issues are how we could lable the disks and sleeves. There is no way we could afford to print on each disk so I'm thinking about a sticker on each (I have just bought a load of blank stickers which I could use). Nicely designed so as to look interesting and cover the necessary info. What are people's thoughts on such a basic approach? - Can you put a little square sticker on a CD or would that off-center the weight?

Also, although we are now saving for a DVD duplicator, we won't have the funds for ages, so could anyone with a duplicator offer their services?

Our little mag is changing to a CD format soon which will include lots of multimedia about 9-11, but that won't be started up for another few months - this is why I'm eager to get an article and DVD with this issue, coming out in April. It prints April 1st, so I'm working out what we can stretch to now.

If anyone can help out with the production that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Freddie
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you can stick square stickers on CDs so have been looking into our options. I was thinking, because we don't have a printer that can print CDs I've been thinking about getting cheaper DVDs, more like 14p each (because they have some writing on the face of the disk). We could then stick proper CD stickers to cover up the manufacturers logo, which would also give more room for info and design.

http://www.valuemedia.co.uk

This site has a deal of 400 CD stickers for 9.30 / 2.4p each.

-This option would mean we could definately afford it, and it would look better. My only queries are about CD lablers, are they perfect every time? - do they peel off / scratch / smudge? - Also, can you stick these 'press-it' type stickers to any type of disk / does the surface design effect how well it sticks?
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also save a lot of money by printing out (minimal) text only CD Rom labels to stick on to the DVD's.

I've been using text only CD lables for LC2 and Eyewitness for some time now.

If those of us who can burn could offer to supply say 20 each to the magazine it would soon mount up.

What do you all think?

Peace,

Sonic.
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sonic,

Thanks for the offer of help.

What do you mean 'text only cdrom labels'? - do you mean it is cheaper because we'd be using less ink, or are these labels cheaper themselves?

If you meant the ink I was planning on getting our designer to come up with something that has all the necessary info, looks good, and doesn't need to much ink to print - I'm sure he can knock that up.
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Freddie,

What I mean is that I have been printing simple text (without pictures) onto CD Rom labels and sticking them onto the DVD's. This uses very little in indeed.

So the text would include the title of the DVD, the run time and also information about web links to 911 Truth websites, e.g. www.st911.org(professionals) www.nineeleven.co.uk (forum) www.letsroll911.org and so on.

I have 7 copies of "911 Eyewitness to hand" at time of writing and I could burn off say 13 copies of "Loose Change 2nd Edition" pretty quickly if that is of any help to you (my current stock of blanks). Just PM and let me know.

Peace,

Sonic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: