FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wiilliam Rodriguez Invited to Iran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Wiilliam Rodriguez Invited to Iran Reply with quote

This thread has been moved pending moderation, due to accusations etc made. Please keep these sorts of accusations to private messages and e-mails if you feel you need to make them!

Thanks!

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
dry kleaner
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The conquest of the earth, which mostly means the taking it away from those who have a different complexion or slightly flatter noses than ourselves, is not a pretty thing when you look into it too much."
Joseph Conrad, Hearts of Darkness
Keith Mothersson
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Rodriquez to Iran debate moved but still accessible Reply with quote

As I see it this needn't be a 'row' or 'dirty linen', but a necessary discussion about how/when to exercise consstructive authority to draw lines to protect this forum as the kind of site where Muslims and non-Muslims can in future continue to co-operate and discuss with respect and in the interests of revealing the truth about 911 which was anti-Islam from inception, incidentally:

Andrew's announcement about the thread being moved pending moderation might inadvertently confuse some people who didn't realise it has been removed to here in the Moderated Zone of the Private Forum (so you need to be logged on):
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=6015&postdays=0&post order=asc&start=30

With all due respect to Andrew's great contributions to our cause (among other ways by the work involved in moderating parts of this forum), I and others regret that the thread was moved (and a lot of painstakingly written in-depth arguments pro- and con-Iran visit rendered less accessible) rather than have basic forum norms enforced about not using serious accusations and hate-speech metaphors in the course of arguing a political position. I do hope this can now happen if the alleged abuser doesn't apologise sincerely and fully.

Quote:
"No ad hominem remarks directed towards any person or group."
Mission statement and guidline #1 for contributors.
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=926

see also Further Guidance for Posters, including:

Quote:
"In the same way that to refer to muslims in any way that is less favourable than non muslims (and visa versa) will be considered offensive and liable to promote hatred and violence and will be deleted."

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=1685

and also

Quote:
All moderation decisions will be subject to appeal.

Maybe Ian Neal could pick up this hot potato: I believe he has all our respect, but, assuming he is willing/has gthe time he would need to check with other parties before consulting and adjudicating.

On the substance of whether or not we should treat Iran as a pariah nation, some of the arguments were well debated here on a non-abusive thread in May after Ahmadinajad's letter to Bush in which he questioned the official 911 story:
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=1738&highlight=

May all beings be happy
Belinda

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no question of treating Iran or any other nation as a pariah nation. Please can we distinguish between governments and people, is that so difficult?

The Iranian people have long wished to vote out their government and have been unable to do so as elections are fixed allowing only pro-clerical regime candidates to stand.

We do the Iranian people no favours if we conflate them with their corrupt government, which goes also for mainstream Islam being conflated with the fanatical and barbaric version operating in Iran.
blackbear
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Belinda...

Have you ever posted about the people of Israel and the colonised lands their government occupy.

Have you ever criticised the fascist nazi * who control that "democracy".

Have you ever posted about the present day holocaust against muslims.

From Alice....Then, my eye is caught by Avigdor Lieberman, a man who openly and unambiguously calls for ethnic cleansing, and who has been rewarded with a cabinet position by our civilized, democratic friend, Israel, while almost a third of the Palestinian cabinet ministers have been kidnapped and held hostage in Israeli prison, for no damn reason, and with no outcry whatsoever. Avigdor Lieberman, unlike David Irving, is welcomed to the United States, an honored guest, a true privilege to hear him speak.

Ahmedinajad, compared to Olmert, is a saint. As far as I know, he hasn't harmed a fly in his life, let alone invade another country and kill 1,200 civilians, up to a third of them children, using mysterious weapons that cause maximum pain and lingering death. Nor has he admitted to dropping 2 to 3 million cluster bombs that look like toys, in population centres, blowing off the foot, hand or head of people trying to shelter in their own homes or harvest their own crops. Yet we are told over and over again that Olmert: Good, and Ahmedinajad: Bad. Olmert has at least 200 nuclear warheads. Ahmedinajad has none. But the Wise Ones Who Tell Us What To Think, have ordered us to consider Ahmedinajad a terrible nuclear threat, whose country must be bombed by...Olmert (who is NOT considered a nuclear threat).

Love is blind + birds of a feather.....come to mind.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow down Tom. We know the comparativeness of it all In my view
Ahmedinajad is not a saint, but merely asking for it. He seems to be asking for what he gets. Namely an Israeli mininuke attack on his facilities, as posted elsewhere on this forum. We know about patsies, we know about moles. We know about people who invite in NWO attacks on themselves and their countries and escape freely - Afghanistan UBL the upper Taliban, imo Saddam.
Ahmedinajad fits perfectly in the agent provocateur picture, achieving the objective of a nuclear attacked country through his own utterances

Belinda

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackbear - Tom - whoever you are but glad if you've got a proper name! I'm merely trying to redress a blind spot here. Ahmadinejad is by no means the saint his letter to Bush might imply so let's not be seduced by that. He's hurt far more than flies, in fact great numbers of these more-than-flies as any Iranian knows.

DH has put his finger on it - wittingly or unwittingly Ahamdinejad is playing his part in an unfolding confrontation scenario of which the ordinary people of the Middle East and of his own country Iran will be the victims. I doubt he gives a fig about the ordinary people of his country, any more than any other fanatical leader. Or cold calculating one such as Olmert and his Zionist mentors.

As I see it our truth campaign is urgently addressed to the PEOPLE of any country not their governments. We must disentangle the two in our minds and simultaneously expose ALL governments that espouse a globalist agenda and are prepared to sacrifice their own people in the realisation of that agenda. By this token Ahmadinejad is on the same wicket as Bush & Olmert. As I said a few posts back we should continue to spread our truth message as widely as possible but as a matter of hygeine steer right clear of the main protagonists in the immediate theatre of war.
Lynne
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Is this an arguenent however about Irans domestic policy or it's foreign policy? It is evident that when it comes to press regarding Iran , it is very easy to take snapshots and fail to look at Iran in the proper perspective. It has not not attacked anyone and there is no reason to assume that will. It may hold an opinion of Israel that you do not hold, but it has made clear that any threat to Israli would come about if a threat was made towards themselves.

Ever heard of propoganda?

They do a good Job on Iran
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belinda wrote:
There is no question of treating Iran or any other nation as a pariah nation. Please can we distinguish between governments and people, is that so difficult?

The Iranian people have long wished to vote out their government and have been unable to do so as elections are fixed allowing only pro-clerical regime candidates to stand.

We do the Iranian people no favours if we conflate them with their corrupt government, which goes also for mainstream Islam being conflated with the fanatical and barbaric version operating in Iran.

The “Holocaust Denial” conference severed no purpose other than to wind people up just like the uranium enrichment. I think we all know what's going to happen! Rolling Eyes

Lynne
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct we must distinguish between the people and those in power. However to have this bias when it comes to speaking about Iran in the international context favours and upholds the view peddled by Israel and the American neocons that Iran is a threat to international security. That then fails ALL people. Just as the War in Iraq used the reason of his government as one of their justifications.

Supporting The Iranian governments view regarding international politics does not equate with supporting that government. Just as When Bush Claims that Saddam was a tyrannat, it does not mean i supported his war.

As for holoucast denial, you have to actualy to see the difference between asking questions, is that not what we all should do instead of simply accepting history as it is written , as history is not infaliable.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pronoun wrote:
You are correct we must distinguish between the people and those in power. However to have this bias when it comes to speaking about Iran in the international context favours and upholds the view peddled by Israel and the American neocons that Iran is a threat to international security. That then fails ALL people. Just as the War in Iraq used the reason of his government as one of their justifications.

Supporting The Iranian governments view regarding international politics does not equate with supporting that government. Just as When Bush Claims that Saddam was a tyrannat, it does not mean i supported his war.

As for holoucast denial, you have to actualy to see the difference between asking questions, is that not what we all should do instead of simply accepting history as it is written , as history is not infaliable.

I agree and it was only yesterday I was talking to somebody about how history is often just one persons interpretation. Now I'm not going to get into a discussion about the Holocaust but I'm quite happy to hear your arguments for Iran needing nuclear power when they have more oil than you can shack a stick at? I think the word to be used here is provocative as in provoke.

Just as I was expecting a civil war in Iraq before gulf war two I'm expecting a civil war in Iran. I know it won't happen so what are the chances that millions will die? America may well be a bully but if you're going to go up against them you'd better make sure you can win. People should always remember that America is the only country in history to has ever used nuclear weapons! So does anybody doubt that America will use them again?

Belligerent actions are not the way to peace and stability and only serve to give your enemy public opinion and a reason for action. America is pretty screwed anyway (most Americans I speak to know this) so the bast tactic is to play along as their country implodes. Unfortunately Iran seems overly eager for a fight or is that just me misreading the situation?

dry kleaner
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion, nationality, borders etc are a state of mind. A state of mind that has been implanted in us since the day we were born. It is difficult for anyone to imagine a world with out religion, nationality and borders. That world is possible but unfortunately it looks like someone else is trying to create that world for us, but it'll be a world born out of blood. A few years back I came across an interesting book called 'Pawns in the Game' in which it proposes that WW2 was set up to instate Israel and sow the seeds for WW3 which would be a war between Muslims, Jews and Christians. As we have seen the Israel Palestine issue is such a topic which inspires much emotion and distracts us from what maybe happening and a possible larger picture. The debate that has taken place has now developed into a situation in which we have two camps. One for Iran and one against it. What is Iran? Its a country. What is a country? A piece of land on this planet that has a defined space set out by a political system. The piece of land is real but the political system that is used to define its space is only real if we choose it to be. Now of course if only a few of us decide not to accept the system that defines the piece of land it wont make the slightest bit of difference. If we all, and I mean the whole world tomorrow decided to no longer accept the political systems that define the land on this planet then there would be no more Israel, Palestine, Iran, USA, UK. Bush, Blair etc would all be out of a job and it would be one less thing to defend or distract ourselves with. We instead could all get off this forum and meet each other. We could get to know how great man kind is and what a wonderful planet we live on.

So the choice is ours. Will we let 2007 be the year of another pointless great war or will we make it a year in which peace can be a collective reality?

I leave you with an extract from an interview by Eckhart Tolle that I feel has an important message.

http://www.ecomall.com/greenshopping/eckharttolle.htm
Quote:
JM: Speaking of weapons of mass destruction; what do we do about that? What do we do about countries which wish our country great harm? What's an alternative if the other side is bent on suicide, as the men of 9-11 were? If you have a vast Army at your disposal, what do you do?

ET: I don't know what I would do, because I can only know what is right in an actual situation which demands a response. It's very hard when you look at hypotheticals. What we can do is look at the dysfunction in its collective aspects that we're witnessing now.

We can see, for example, what's happening in the middle East with the eternal insane conflict between Israel and Palestine. We can see how each faction is totally convinced that their mental position is the correct one. Each faction sees itself as the victim of the other. There was a writer I read last year who said each side cannot recognize any narrative other than their own; that's also true. Narrative means the story through which you interpret reality.

People have collective stories which are mental perspectives and mental positions. Of course, when they explain it to you, it sounds absolutely right. Then you go to the other story, and they explain it to you, and that sounds absolutely right. Both are so entrenched in their narrative, their mental positions and their identifications with mental positions that they cannot see anything else. That really symbolizes the very thing that lies at the core of human dysfunction.

There you see it expressed collectively. An inability to hold truth in your consciousness. To rise above polarities, and say, here's this perspective which is ours, and I can also see the other perspective which is yours. If both could do that---even if one party could do that---there would be an end to the madness. It only gets perpetuated by two. You can see the same in personal relationships, you can see the same in marriages that exist in a state of warfare. Both are entrenched. There is this ongoing need to be right. What that really ultimately means is they are identified with the thinking. They have not stepped out of the structure of thought---their mental position, their thought position. The way out of the madness is to recognize thought as just thought. To see your own stream of thinking, to see that no thought can encapsulate the entire truth in any situation. You have to step out of thought to see that. To become the awareness outside of thought. Some people are driven out of thought out of suffering, others can step out of thought because they see that thought is dysfunctional. So we see then that terrorists that inflict suffering on innocent people, kills thousands, blows himself up---how is it that he cannot see what he is doing?

He cannot see because he has reduced other human beings around him to a mental concept. He puts a mental label on other human beings or groups of humans or whatever he calls them---infidels, evil. Once you have conceptualized another human being, covering up their essential aliveness, you also do it to yourself. You become identified with your own self concepts of who you are, because you are right, you are the believer, you are in possession of the truth. You can then inflict acts of violence on other humans without feeling anymore because you've already desensitized yourself, you've deadened their aliveness. So violence becomes very easy when you only operate from the level of thought. Thought plus very destructive emotion that accompanies those destructive thought patterns. That's what drives the terrorist. He truly, as Jesus puts it on the cross, "They know not what they do."

In spiritual terms, they are completely unconscious. Unconscious means identified totally with thought. You reduce reality to a conceptual reality. A lot of violence arises in that way.

Terrorists are not the only ones who are unconscious. The United States manufactures an enormous amount of totally senseless weaponry. Biological, chemical. They manufacture the most fiendish weapons---if they ever used them it would be hell on earth. Why are they working on this? They are intelligent scientists, thousands of them, the Government sponsors itself sponsors it. What is the purpose in creating such weapons if the use of such weapons would create hell on earth? Haven't they got enough weapons already? So it applies; "they know not what they do." You can see human unconsciousness in so many forms. You can see it very clearly in the terrorists. Sometimes it's easier to see the madness in others---but we also have to see it in ourselves.

JM: How does one do that? How do you do it?

ET: Well, primarily it needs to be done on personal level. For example, for me, to see how identified I am with my own mental position when I'm talking to someone when I'm putting forth and idea or opinion and that opinion is questioned by the other person. They might say, "No, you're wrong---that's not how it is." If I can then observe the violence with which I defend my position, I'm actually becoming more conscious because by observing it, something else is arising that is not conditioned thinking, but awareness.

JM: As opposed to saying, "No, you're wrong."

ET: Yes, because when people are engaged in being right, defending their mental position, an enormous amount of defensiveness and violence comes already. Why do two people become so agitated, in some cases even violent, when they're defending a mental position? Because that's what they derive their sense of self from. Thought has become invested self. That's the very essence of dysfunction---that humans derive their sense of self through thought. This is a delusion, because who they are is so much deeper than thought. They can only realize that when they detach from their thinking and observe their thinking.

Who or what is it that is able to observe that you are identified with a mental position? Who or what is it in you that is able to notice the emotional violence that comes as you start to defend your own position? You can then ask, "Wow, what's going on? What am I defending?" You are defending an illusory sense of self---your sense of self and your mind structure.

That very dysfunction, which looks relatively harmless on a small scale, is the very same dysfunction that drives the terrorist. So it's only in yourself that you can detect it. And if you see it, you see the root of human dysfunction and madness; identification with thinking. But the moment you see it, you are already one foot out of it. The seeing of it is not part of the dysfunction. So in other words, when you see that you are mad, you are no longer mad.

That's the arising of something new in humanity. I sometimes call it the unconditioned consciousness. But it is also a field of stillness, where you see the torn roots of the human mind. Once it emerges, it's a process that cannot be reversed. It emerges more and more fully, and you become less and less identified with the structure of thought. And then thought is no longer dysfunctional. It is actually beautiful. It can be used for helpful purposes. It's wonderful---you are no longer looking for an identity in the structure of thought because now you know that who you are is deeper. You are the very awareness prior to thought. You are the stillness that is deeper than thought, much vaster than thought. We call it "stillness" but it's just a word. We've reduced it to something. It's more than that. It's consciousness itself, unconditioned. Which is the essence of each human being. It's that when you meet anybody in a state of open, aware attention, without labeling them mentally or judging them, then that you are already operating as a current or conscious awareness between human beings.

That would dramatically change human relationships. When aware presence operates between human beings, they are no longer dominated by mind structures. On a deepest level, that is also love. That is the only dimension from where love can come into this world.
Keith Mothersson
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: History of thread - what norms of discussion should prevail? Reply with quote

May all beings be happy
Lynne
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
="Patrick Brown"
I agree and it was only yesterday I was talking to somebody about how history is often just one persons interpretation. Now I'm not going to get into a discussion about the Holocaust but I'm quite happy to hear your arguments for Iran needing nuclear power when they have more oil than you can shack a stick at? I think the word to be used here is provocative as in provoke.

Just as I was expecting a civil war in Iraq before gulf war two I'm expecting a civil war in Iran. I know it won't happen so what are the chances that millions will die? America may well be a bully but if you're going to go up against them you'd better make sure you can win. People should always remember that America is the only country in history to has ever used nuclear weapons! So does anybody doubt that America will use them again?

Belligerent actions are not the way to peace and stability and only serve to give your enemy public opinion and a reason for action. America is pretty screwed anyway (most Americans I speak to know this) so the bast tactic is to play along as their country implodes. Unfortunately Iran seems overly eager for a fight or is that just me misreading the situation?

It is for the people of Iran to change their political system. There are many political systems that we can have issues with. However the issue is nothing to do with the way a goverment's domestic situation and the actiosn of America in its forign policy dealings. Hypocricy is the way of American democracy. Take Pol Pot for example, America was happy to be his friend.

[url] http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Global_Secrets_Lies/Friends_PolPot.h tml [/url]

I do not think Iran is at all eager to fight. To be honest i think it is the contrary. They have witnessed Iraq accused of having weapons of Mass destruction and been attacked on that pretence as a terror threat to national security. I think the fact that Iran does have oil reserves is a point to argue why they may feel that their national security warrants them having nuclear weapons.

However far from wanting a fight , I think that it is not eager for a fight, but it is refusing to submit to the American hegemony.

Dushanbe, July 26, IRNA

"President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran said here Tuesday that no regional or international problems will be resolved through aggression and force. "Tehran believes that a peace based on force and plunder would not be lasting," Ahmadinejad said in a joint press conference with his Tajik counterpart, Imomali Rakhmonov. He added "Only peace based on justice, spirituality and morality will last forever." President Ahmadinejad, arrived here from Ashkhabad on the second leg of his two-nation tour. Regretting the ongoing crisis in Lebanon, the president said: "War and aggression will only make things more complicated. "Those who think they can find a place in the region by oppressing a nation are mistaken," he said warning: "Those who cause unrest will face the consequences." Ahmadinejad stressed that any unrest in the Middle East region "will crush the enemies of humanity."

http://www.president.ir/eng/ahmadinejad/speeches/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: