FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC Panorama Exposed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: BBC Panorama Exposed Reply with quote

More media fakery!

http://www.bbcpanorama-exposed.org/watch-the-video-documentary.php

Look how they tried to do the Hit Piece on the Church of Scientology - features Kirsty Alley!
Andrew

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had any personal experience of the Church of Scientology Andrew?
sidlittle
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Andrew.

Having watched the original Panorama broadcast, I found that very interesting.

Incredible, yet completely unsurprising media deception.

Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's as straight forward as that. Whilst I disagree with some BBC content I do not think watching a video produced by the Scientologists is a full rebuttle.

Researchers should never single source their information and we all know the real power is in the edit suite.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this a while ago, this is my take:

The Scientologists, even evident in their "rebuttal" would only accept the BBC making a propaganda film pretty much produced by them as a documentary (note in the video how they admit they told them where to go and what to film and who to interview and then act surprised when they refused to).

The Scientologists then started to bully and abuse the BBC team to breaking point.

The BBC lost their rag with the scientologists and made a venomous hit piece, using some pretty low tactics, but did reveal some of the truth about this group.

Bottom line: The BBC (as we all knew already) have long since crossed the line into tabloid TV. The Scientologists are a bunch of extremeley nasty nut jobs.

Who comes out looking good? No one.

Peace and Truth
Long Tooth
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That documentary was hilarious, the cult arguing the toss with the official disinfo brigade. when evil meets evil it turned into handbags and squealing at 10 paces.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through some momentary lapse of control-freakery Panorama actually made a half decent documentary criticising the depraved Scientology 'church'.

John Sweeney only had half an hour to dismantle their lies and made quite a hash of it - but the Scientologists appeared to hav help from the Met in tracking Sweeney round London.

Which figures.
Quote:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1422841.0.0.php
If nothing else, the movement's survival is proof that with money - scientology is worth billions worldwide - you can make some people, even intelligent people, believe almost anything.
Stars such as Tom Cruise and John Travolta have given scientology a profile and showbusiness gloss it simply does not deserve.
Indeed, those who are not familiar with its tactics and history regard scientologists - who are convinced we are all descended from a race of aliens called thetans - as weird, not wicked.
This ignorance has been ruthlessly exploited in Britain. In October, a £24 million scientology centre opened in the heart of London's Square Mile and is now one of 30 "missions" in the country.
Narconon, a scientology group which claims it can get people off drugs, has been invited into schools and colleges. How many teachers and parents know of Narconon's links to the cult?
"Community volunteers" from Saint Hill - could there be a more ironic name for the HQ of a cult? - have been enthusiastically lobbying politicians, police officers and businesses in the City.
The recruitment drive was part of Hubbard's "master plan".
It is spelled out in scientology documents - namely to infiltrate and convert key institutions in society.
The process, so the thinking goes, will eventually lead to a scientology government.
And the "church" has succeeded in cultivating contacts. Up to 20 officers in the City of London Police - from constables to superintendents - have accepted hospitality worth thousands from scientologists.
This included free invitations to a £500-a-head charity dinner where the guest of honour was Tom Cruise.
He is now reported to have bought a home near Saint Hill.

see also
http://www.alternet.org/story/52121/

Unlike the churches of Judaism, Christianity and Islam - the church of Scientology provides the threadbare spiritual content for their totalitarian vision for London, and the world.

see also
http://free-from-scientology.blogspot.com

and
Suprise arrest for online Scientology critic
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/05/10/1349237

plus
Quote:

Why did top policeman agree to appear in a film for the Scientologists?
by GORDON RAYNER - More by this author »
Last updated at 23:25pm on 11th May 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_artic le_id=454243&in_page_id=1770
A senior policeman has appeared in a video praising the highly-controversial Church of Scientology, the Daily Mail can reveal.
Chief Superintendent Ken Stewart, a divisional commander with the City of London police, agreed to be filmed outside Bishopsgate police station for the Scientology film, which is shown to members of the organisation.
Although Mr Stewart insisted he was not a Scientologist, the news is the latest evidence of the extent to which the group has managed to forge links with the City police.
Last year it emerged that officers from the force had accepted £11,000 worth of hospitality from the Church of Scientology, whose followers, including Tom Cruise and John Travolta, believe humans are descended from a race of aliens called thetans.
The American-based organisation, founded by science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard in 1952, opened a new centre near St Paul's Cathedral last year.
A senior officer from the City force attended the opening as a guest speaker, and the force later admitted that its policemen had gone to Scientology dinners and attended the premiere of Cruise's film Mission Impossible 3.
The church has also secured a discount of £281,344 in rates on its London centre, which comes out of public funds, and is now trying to avoid paying any rates at all.
Sources have told the Mail that the Scientologists intend to use glowing letters of praise from the City of London police to support their application for discretionary rates relief.
But it is the role of Chief Superintendent Stewart, 46, which will come as the greatest embarrassment to the force, whose involvement with the Church of Scientology will be investigated in a Panorama programme to be shown on BBC1 next week.
Mr Stewart agreed to be filmed by Scientologists in late 2005 standing outside the Bishopsgate police station and praising the work of Scientologists who helped man cordons after the Aldgate tube bombing on 7/7 and provided a chiropractor to massage beat bobbies' tired feet.
In the film, Mr Stewart identifies himself as a serving officer but appears wearing plain clothes.
The video is used by the Scientologists to help show new recruits how they can establish links with local organisations.
But experts have questioned the motives of the Scientologists, pointing out that their main aim is to spread their ideology as far as possible by finding new recruits.
Mr Stewart said he did not want to discuss the video, saying only: "I'm not a Scientologist. I'm a Catholic, as a matter of fact."
A spokesman for the City of London force said: "This is not a promotional video. It is for internal use within the Church of Scientology.
"Chief Superintendent Stewart acknowledged the assistance given by volunteers to officers manning the cordon at Aldgate station during 7/7.
"At no time did he endorse or promote the aims or views of the Church of Scientology. He is not a Scientologist, and as the commander at Bishopsgate he would have judged that it was OK to take part in the video."
Mr Stewart was one of three senior officers who approved the hospitality given to up to 20 members of the force between July 2005 and October 2006 - the month when Chief Superintendent Kevin Hurley spoke at the opening of the £23m Scientology centre in London, saying the group was "raising the spiritual wealth of society".
Several officers have attended five gala dinners and concerts at the organisation's UK headquarters in East Grinstead, West Sussex, with Tom Cruise present at one of them.
At one of the dinners the officers received a donation of £5,000 for a City of London children's charity.
A Scientology band also gave a concert at Bishopsgate police station.
The City of London police spokesman said Mr Stewart had to "build links" with various members of the 'diverse' community he policed, and was not treating the Church of Scientology any differently from other groups.
The Scientologists currently pay rates of £70,336 on their London centre, having secured mandatory relief of £281,344 on the full rates of £351,680 - a discount of 80 per cent.
The discount is paid to the City of London Corporation out of central government funds.
A spokesman for the corporation said the group had been entitled to mandatory relief because it carried out 'charitable' works, even though it is not recognised as a church or a charity in the UK and is classed as a commercial organisation.
The spokesman said the church was now applying for discretionary relief on the 20 per cent of its rates which it currently pays, which could mean the organisation paying no rates at all.
The Mail has been told that the Scientologists intend to use letters of thanks from the City of London police to back up their application for the extra discount, but the corporation could not confirm this.
Ian Haworth, of the Cult Information Centre, said the police needed to be aware of the words of High Court judge Mr Justice Latey, who said in 1984 that the Church of Scientology was "corrupt, sinister and dangerous".
Asked why the church might be courting the police, he said: "Anything that gives Scientology credibility is in their interests."

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: BBC Panorama Exposed Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
More media fakery!

http://www.bbcpanorama-exposed.org/watch-the-video-documentary.php

Look how they tried to do the Hit Piece on the Church of Scientology - features Kirsty Alley!
Andrew

Sometimes I do wonder about your apparent niavety Andrew

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=ex+scientologists&meta=

Mind you Scientology is NOT a cult: thats just its outer surface layer

Its a Secret Society

utopiated
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BBC Panorama Exposed Reply with quote

John White wrote:

John you just framed the "evidence" perfectly there. If we searched for "ex" Tories or ex McDonald's workers we're likely to get 90% statements against those organisations.

--
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BBC Panorama Exposed Reply with quote

utopiated wrote:
John White wrote:

John you just framed the "evidence" perfectly there. If we searched for "ex" Tories or ex McDonald's workers we're likely to get 90% statements against those organisations.

Did Andrew provide a range of POV's, or did he just present what the Scientologists Public Relations department has spun out without frmaning context? My link may have has a lot more potential sources, but it acheived what I wanted it to do: it provided some balance

But isnt google great? Look:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=I+love+scientology&meta=

Doesnt change the fact that everyone has to do their own thinking: not something the "church" of scientology is keen for its members to do

If it was, it would'nt need thug tactics, or pimps like "Tommy"

jahschild
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: BBC = Beelzebub Corporation Reply with quote

I didn't see the Panorama programme as I don't watch Lame-stream media brainwashing. I ain't got a telly even. [the webs too good to waste time on telly]

But regarding Beelzebub Corporation, How can anyone beleive anything they say ever??

When you've seen Jane Standley caught lieng about Building 7 had collapsed 28 min's b4 it did, [documented] you can never trust anything that theiving organisation does.
Even Pete Tong's been exposed as a Mason, suprised anyone!! Must have been 1 to many SUN worship song's, a' pete! you fascist twat.

Ment, taken from Latin/Greek, Mente = Mind
Government = Control Mind.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the original BBC documentary and thought it was one of the most entertaining shows the BBC has done in a long time. Though i still dont think it justifies the licence fee or the BBC's existence.

I have no problem with scientology because it does not affect me in the slightest.

The reason the BBC decided to do a hit piece is simple in my eyes. In hollywood scientology is gaining strength. Travolta, Tom Cruise and many others. They are making films like eyes wide shut, minority report, broken arrow, etc and again i have no problem with this.
But the BBC has a problem. The BBC is run by a cabal of Labour/Zionist appointed governers. The fact is Hollywood is run by a mainly zionist cabal too. This is reflected in not only the choice of programming but also the propaganda that is produced.
Scientology is a threat to this domination of Hollywood. Because you will see more films like 'a few good men' about army malpractices and 'the firm' about top level corruption and 'minority report' about thought crimes. Whereas the normal Hollywood movies are things like American Pie and Legally Blonde.
And the political films like United 93 and 24 and adam sandler's 'reign over me' - sandler lost his family on the fateful day of 9/11, and the grief he felt caused him to quit his job and isolate himself from everyone around him.

Who would you rather was running Hollywood?
The zionists or the scientologists?
That is the reason for the bbc hit piece

Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelios wrote:
I saw the original BBC documentary and thought it was one of the most entertaining shows the BBC has done in a long time. Though i still dont think it justifies the licence fee or the BBC's existence.

I don't watch BBC 1 or 2 much these days. My faith was restored recently though by a BBC3 TV series which would be well worth the license fee that I've never once paid as it was a GOOD reality type TV programme for once. It was called Filthy Rich and Homeless. Hilarious in parts... along with a good message.

--
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree BBC tv is very poor on average
but every now and then a decent show pops up
but it does NOT justify the licence fee
BBC3 has been more innovative.
THere was ofcourse the M15 programme SPY
but there has been a number of other cutting edge shows like THE REAL HUSTLE which really does show you actual real scams as they happen and another show which was calle d SORTITOUTMAN where a guy dressed up as a superhero went around catching out everyday wrongdoers like bus drivers driving at 60mph and he went round clamping council vehicles as a protest.

BUT a handful of viewers watch the BBC most tv viewers have sky or cable and spend very little time on the BLAIR BULLSH1T CORPORATION

Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: