FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global warming causes...biggest con since 9/11... Mars proof
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 'swindle' documentary failed to give a fair and balanced presentation of the science. No one is denying the influence of sun spots and solar activity on earth's climate, but it is one factor in a very complex picture.

I could give you my opinion but despite having studied climatology at university and professionally, I wouldn't pretend to be any kind of authority so it wouldn't actually mean that much.

I don't dismiss the theories presented in 'swindle' out of hand. There is considerable uncertainty when it comes to understanding and modelling climate change. But given that at the other extreme we are talking about the very real risk of runaway climate change and the future viability of the planet, I would always take the precautionary approach. What we are not well served by is biased and distorted presentations of the science and that is what Durkin's film is.

I wouldn't trust Durkin any more than I would trust Blair. He has considerable form in misrepresenting science and the views of the environmental movement for very dubious motives and this was a particularly true of this documentary. In particular I found his argument that there is some kind of sinister conspiracy between the vast majority of the world's climate scientists and the green movement to be laughable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Durkin_(television_director)
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On March 8, Channel 4 broadcast my programme. Since then, supporters of the theory of man-made global warming have published frothing criticism. I am attacked for using an "old" graph depicting temperature over the past 1,000 years. They say I should have used a "new" graph - one used by Al Gore, known as the "hockey stick", because it looks like one.

But the hockey stick has been utterly discredited. The computer programme used to generate it was found to produce hockey-stick shapes even when fed random data (I refer readers to the work of McIntyre & McKitrick and to the Wegman Report, all available on the internet). Other than the discredited hockey stick, the graph used by us (and published by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) is the standard, accepted record of temperature in this period.

Continued:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/18/ngreen 218.xml

Ian all the media are in on 9/11,yes?

So how you can state the case for the published man-made earth warmers who's funding comes from gvnt,
and backed by politicians are part of a big con as laughable I don't know.

It's part of the bigger picture toward the same end.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi N

In making the argument that the Kean Commission was a Bush appointed whitewash and the MSM is in on its cover-up, it is very easy to find the evidence.

If someone can show me that the IPCC and the work of the scientists who support the man-made global warming hypothesis are similarly compromised and in the pockets of the dark forces I might take Durkin's assertion more seriously. The fact that universities get money mostly from governments is not evidence of this because that is how universities and their research is funded. Have you looked at where some of those featured in his documentary get their money from?

Can you see why I consider Durkin and several of the contributors to his documentary to be highly suspect? Do you see why his attacks on the green movement (our natural allies) and his phoney concern for Africa's 'development' are bunkum? And given Durkin's dodgy background why I hesitate before accepting what he has to say at face value. Like I say you might be right, but for me the jury is very much out and until the science is more conclusive I will take the precautionary principle.

Besides if it means wrestling the power of energy away from the oil majors and sends us down the route of sustainable, decentralised power generation and consumption this can only empower people and communities and be 'a good thing'.
Leiff
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
If someone can show me that the IPCC and the work of the scientists who support the man-made global warming hypothesis are similarly compromised and in the pockets of the dark forces I might take Durkin's assertion more seriously. The fact that universities get money mostly from governments is not evidence of this because that is how universities and their research is funded.

The fact that universities and their research is funded mostly from governments does leave open the possibility that the threat of removal of funding could be used against them if they are not 'on message'. Which might make the fact that their funding hasn't been removed consistent with 'message adherence'?

The jury is still out and the precautionary principle is wise but by using the 'man-made' prefix on speculative evidence is disingenuous and stifles debate of the possible causes global warming. On the other hand we are presented with the possibly equally biased The Great Global Warming Swindle documentary. When are we going to get a fair, balanced and truthful account that looks at all the evidence and avoids preconception?

Energy self sufficiency is a nice prospect but with the surveillance state developing we need to be careful not to let eco-consciousness become eco-totalitarianism...

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with whta you say Lieff.

My take is that there are a whole host of reasons for us to move away from oil.

Climate change (if you accept CO2 contribution to global warming)

Peak oil (if you accept we face imminent peak in oil production)

Blood oil: the link between conflict, human rights abuses and oil

Breaking the monopoly of energy from the hands of oil cartel and breaking the secrecy and corruption that pervades the whole oil and energy business

Environmental pollution

The solution. Simple, energy conservation and renewables and getting off the consumerist ttreadmill. ZPE and hidden energy technologies may hold answers beyond this but even with known technologies the solutions lie in our hands. What reason we use to justify the breaking of the power of big oil and military-industrial nexus is secondary
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leiff wrote:
ian neal wrote:
If someone can show me that the IPCC and the work of the scientists who support the man-made global warming hypothesis are similarly compromised and in the pockets of the dark forces I might take Durkin's assertion more seriously. The fact that universities get money mostly from governments is not evidence of this because that is how universities and their research is funded.

The fact that universities and their research is funded mostly from governments does leave open the possibility that the threat of removal of funding could be used against them if they are not 'on message'. Which might make the fact that their funding hasn't been removed consistent with 'message adherence'?

The jury is still out and the precautionary principle is wise but by using the 'man-made' prefix on speculative evidence is disingenuous and stifles debate of the possible causes global warming. On the other hand we are presented with the possibly equally biased The Great Global Warming Swindle documentary. When are we going to get a fair, balanced and truthful account that looks at all the evidence and avoids preconception?
Energy self sufficiency is a nice prospect but with the surveillance state developing we need to be careful not to let eco-consciousness become eco-totalitarianism...

ian neal wrote:
I agree with whta you say Lieff.

My take is that there are a whole host of reasons for us to move away from oil.

Climate change (if you accept CO2 contribution to global warming)

Peak oil (if you accept we face imminent peak in oil production)

Blood oil: the link between conflict, human rights abuses and oil

Breaking the monopoly of energy from the hands of oil cartel and breaking the secrecy and corruption that pervades the whole oil and energy business

Environmental pollution

The solution. Simple, energy conservation and renewables and getting off the consumerist ttreadmill. ZPE and hidden energy technologies may hold answers beyond this but even with known technologies the solutions lie in our hands. What reason we use to justify the breaking of the power of big oil and military-industrial nexus is secondary

I totally agree.

How refreshing to come across such intelligent, clear and insightful posts.

I have emboldened bits that resonated particularly with me.

Thank you both.

StopThe9/11CoverUp
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canwe not use the question that relates so much to 9/11 for this topic....................

WHO BENEFITS?

so ok we would benefit from reducing our carbon emissions but why should we pay for it?

All sorts of new fines and road taxes being implemented yet we doing all our own recycling here in redditch. paying more council tax for the council to do LESS collections.

So even though we pay all these extra taxes to help in reducing the problem, why are WE expected to replace standard bulbs with super dooper enviromentally friendly bulbs?

You do the sums for all car owners and the extra tax they pay, plus the extra council tax we not forgetting the revenue from fines for not meeting required standards within this country alone. Then ask what are the government doing with all that extra revenue to help reduce carbon emissions other than by making us all PAY MORE TAXES??

How many years of the government receiving this extra revenue will it take before the frankly stupendous amount of money reaped by said government is used to cut carbon emissions etc instead of it being OUR money being used?

One business ethic is well most people wont mind paying a small sum for bulbs, extra council tax etc which is true i wont be fussed by spending a few pounds on efficient bulbs but when you look at the potential revenue for the government in national revenue it soon mounts up.

Its funny when you remember how the world was going ape at the USA because it was not interested in the climate change issue. took them a year or so to get on board and my reasoning for that is: The USA government knew that this was not a man made issue so didnt get involved, it was only when they realised how much money they could make from it that they dived right in.

WHO BENEFITS? to a lesser, lesser extent us, to an extreme extent the Government.
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pluto is way out from the sun yet seems to be warming much more than Earth.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/pluto_warming_021009.html

Quote:
Though Pluto was closest to the Sun in 1989, a warming trend 13 years later does not surprise David Tholen, a University of Hawaii astronomer involved in the discovery.

"It takes time for materials to warm up and cool off, which is why the hottest part of the day on Earth is usually around 2 or 3 p.m. rather than local noon," Tholen said. "This warming trend on Pluto could easily last for another 13 years."

The above explanation is plausible. Pluto's orbit goes inside Neptune's for 20 out of about 250 years.

Meanwhile why do scientists think that man is responsible for global warming when...

Quote:
The team studied sunspot data going back several hundred years. They found that a dearth of sunspots signalled a cold period - which could last up to 50 years - but that over the past century their numbers had increased as the Earth's climate grew steadily warmer. The scientists also compared data from ice samples collected during an expedition to Greenland in 1991. The most recent samples contained the lowest recorded levels of beryllium 10 for more than 1,000 years. Beryllium 10 is a particle created by cosmic rays that decreases in the Earth's atmosphere as the magnetic energy from the Sun increases. Scientists can currently trace beryllium 10 levels back 1,150 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18 .xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

Because

Quote:
the study also showed that over the past 20 years the number of sunspots had remained roughly constant, while the Earth's temperature had continued to increase.

This suggested that over the past 20 years, human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation had begun to dominate "the natural factors involved in climate change", he said.

Hmmm

So on Pluto the current warming is caused by a time-lag between heat absorption maximum and surface temperature maximum, yet no allowance for this phenomenon is made by the 'man done it' brigade.

While there is no doubt we have changed the composition of the atmosphere, I think this fact is being used as an excuse to tax carbon until our pips squeak even more than they do at present, while ushering in a new generation of nuclear power stations.

http://www.morningstar.ca/globalhome/Stocks/CNWNews.asp?StrID=urn:news ml:newswire.ca:20061102:C7628:1

Usual suspect

5th man on the 3rd planet...

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:-6yYJh5eEl0J:users.cyberone.com.a u/myers/perry.html+Rothschild+uranium&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10

...the above article paints Rothschild as having been 'persuaded' to join the conspiracy to help Israel defend against any more Hitlers. Truth is, Rothschild was instrumental in creating Israel, and the Holocaust a convenient stick with which to beat the West with. The Holocaust and 911 are very similar in that the mainstream just won't go there. This is because disproving either blows the game wide open.

http://www.vho.org/GB/Books/tfh/7.html

For the sake of closure to this post, might as well mention that Hilter himself was likely a Rothschild.

http://www.threeworldwars.com/world-war-2/adolf-hitler.htm

and the nuclear issue is certainly germane to a post about solar (ie nuclear) - powered global warming Cool

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't care less if global warming is caused by us or not.

On Saturday I was out in the local shopping centre and there was a woman pushing a pram with another older child in tow. The kid was eating some sweets and he dropped the wrapper very deliberately. The mother saw this and turned on him,. "Don't drop your rubbish on the floor, think of our planet!" she said. She then made him pick it up and put it in the nearest bin.

Now, whilst this in itself makes no difference whatsoever, it echoes a mentality that is growing globally. We as a culture are changing our habits and anything that ultimately encourages us to use less, be less wasteful, produce less, recycle more, become more aware of our surroundings and our impact upon it has to be a good thing.

If people can 'wake up' to such seemingly insignificant issues such as littering the streets, then who knows where it could lead - the potential demise of the NWO?
wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what Alex Jones' said about Al Gore's 7 concert Global Warming publicity stunt recently, something along the lines of
Quote:
Holding seven huge rock concerts simultaneously around the world probably isn't the best way to combat energy waste and climate change"
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like an inventory of the personal transport of the glorious participants in this coming 7/7/7 media circus.

Acts like Madonna (like a virgin eh?) Bon Jovi, the Police (Miles Copeland's son on skins) etc. I bet the dark lord, patron saint of tax-avoidance BONO gets in big on the the act too...

Unless he's running the World Bank by then if his mate Wolfowitz gets the heave...

rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
I couldn't care less if global warming is caused by us or not.

On Saturday I was out in the local shopping centre and there was a woman pushing a pram with another older child in tow. The kid was eating some sweets and he dropped the wrapper very deliberately. The mother saw this and turned on him,. "Don't drop your rubbish on the floor, think of our planet!" she said. She then made him pick it up and put it in the nearest bin.

Now, whilst this in itself makes no difference whatsoever, it echoes a mentality that is growing globally. We as a culture are changing our habits and anything that ultimately encourages us to use less, be less wasteful, produce less, recycle more, become more aware of our surroundings and our impact upon it has to be a good thing.

If people can 'wake up' to such seemingly insignificant issues such as littering the streets, then who knows where it could lead - the potential demise of the NWO?

Tele - sometimes you are totally wardrobe Cool

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
Tele - sometimes you are totally wardrobe

As long as it isn't one of those really cheap MFI jobs with tacky magnet catches and horrible handles, then that's cool.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of those ugly telecasters has telecasteration got? maybe he could recycle a few? yes that one with the knobs that go up to eleven!
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today on 5 live house martins and hawthorn blossom are reported as being about a month early this year. Come early June I will see just how much the seasons really are advancing for myself. When my eldest was born blue geraniums were just opening. Every year they bloom on or slightly after his birthday. Until this changes I will remain relatively unconcerned about 'climate change' and far more concerned about those who promote drastic action that may be in their interests not ours.

As for Ian's comments about conservation and pollution - I totally agree. Recycling is a great idea, especially for plastic, which is toxic when burned. Bikes beat cars for short solo trips etc. But carbon taxes are very likely just another way to defeat what financial independence is left to the middle classes. Plus a good way of making transport (ie escape) more difficult.

If TSHTF it may not be easy to move around, and that may be part of the plan.

SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken livingstone isn't very green,£2 flat rate to go on one of his filthy, dangerous,timetables just suggestions buses driven by attitude challenged transport for london staff who amuse themselves by skittling passengers starting and stopping violently. Even with his 'Oyster card' public transport in London is double the European capital average...and you don't get a receipt you just ahave to have blind faith its working...and the tarrif is always changing at different times of the day...and your travel details go to some Big Brother data base...and Ken's given free transport to teenagers who can't drive anyway and who make your journey even more unpleasant Evil or Very Mad
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
How many of those ugly telecasters has telecasteration got? maybe he could recycle a few? yes that one with the knobs that go up to eleven!

Oooh, you silly plonker, it wasn't the volume pot on a guitar that went up to eleven, it was on an amplifier.

Talking of numpties;

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashBoxId=3690138876

Incidentally, I have sixteen working/strung teles, plus enough assorted bits to make another five or so.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here: "The latest on global warming bunk" for a very interesting and comprehensive thread containing a lot of useful info and analysis suggesting that global warming is BS and a major PSY-OP.

The great 7/7/7global rockw4nk that is Live Earth is probably also a major PSY-OP. Sure, let's all save the world from the fake evil of carbon dioxide (boo, hiss Twisted Evil ), ignoring the many real envirnomental threats such as toxic pollution, deforestation, depleted uranium, etc, etc, because dealing with those might get in the way of profits. And how are we to save the world from our wicked carbon emissions? Why, by listening to a bunch of self-obsessed, private-jet travelling, corporate-owned, vacuous, botox-filled multi-millionaires who are too stupid and publicity-crazed to see that they are doing the bidding of the PTB for them, of course.

Save the world - buy more stuff - listen to our vacuous *! Yeah right. GFYS.

Rant over. Laughing

Now for the science.

The British Institute of Geographers identified Reid Bryson as the most frequently cited climatologist in the world. Now 86, he is often described as “the father of the science of modern climatology”.

Here is an excerpt from an interview with him:

Quote:
What is normal? Maybe continuous change is the only thing that qualifies. There’s been warming over the past 150 years and even though it’s less than one degree, Celsius, something had to cause it. The usual suspect is the “greenhouse effect,” various atmospheric gases trapping solar energy, preventing it being reflected back into space.

We ask Bryson what could be making the key difference:

Q: Could you rank the things that have the most significant impact and where would you put carbon dioxide on the list?

A: Well let me give you one fact first. In the first 30 feet of the atmosphere, on the average, outward radiation from the Earth, which is what CO2 is supposed to affect, how much [of the reflected energy] is absorbed by water vapor? In the first 30 feet, 80 percent, okay?

Q: Eighty percent of the heat radiated back from the surface is absorbed in the first 30 feet by water vapor…

A: And how much is absorbed by carbon dioxide? Eight hundredths of one percent. One one-thousandth as important as water vapor. You can go outside and spit and have the same effect as doubling carbon dioxide.

More: http://www.wecnmagazine.com/2007issues/may/may07.html

Last edited by Craig W on Tue May 22, 2007 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
bgmark2
Wrecker
Wrecker

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the sun spot theory sounds good but is majorly flawed too...the truth is it is an end time propecy, and is/has been fulfilled.

Luke 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Long Tooth
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
Pluto is way out from the sun yet seems to be warming much more than Earth.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/pluto_warming_021009.html

Quote:
Though Pluto was closest to the Sun in 1989, a warming trend 13 years later does not surprise David Tholen, a University of Hawaii astronomer involved in the discovery.

"It takes time for materials to warm up and cool off, which is why the hottest part of the day on Earth is usually around 2 or 3 p.m. rather than local noon," Tholen said. "This warming trend on Pluto could easily last for another 13 years."

The above explanation is plausible. Pluto's orbit goes inside Neptune's for 20 out of about 250 years.

Meanwhile why do scientists think that man is responsible for global warming when...

Quote:
The team studied sunspot data going back several hundred years. They found that a dearth of sunspots signalled a cold period - which could last up to 50 years - but that over the past century their numbers had increased as the Earth's climate grew steadily warmer. The scientists also compared data from ice samples collected during an expedition to Greenland in 1991. The most recent samples contained the lowest recorded levels of beryllium 10 for more than 1,000 years. Beryllium 10 is a particle created by cosmic rays that decreases in the Earth's atmosphere as the magnetic energy from the Sun increases. Scientists can currently trace beryllium 10 levels back 1,150 years.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/07/18/wsun18 .xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

Because

Quote:
the study also showed that over the past 20 years the number of sunspots had remained roughly constant, while the Earth's temperature had continued to increase.

This suggested that over the past 20 years, human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation had begun to dominate "the natural factors involved in climate change", he said.

Hmmm

So on Pluto the current warming is caused by a time-lag between heat absorption maximum and surface temperature maximum, yet no allowance for this phenomenon is made by the 'man done it' brigade.

While there is no doubt we have changed the composition of the atmosphere, I think this fact is being used as an excuse to tax carbon until our pips squeak even more than they do at present, while ushering in a new generation of nuclear power stations.

http://www.morningstar.ca/globalhome/Stocks/CNWNews.asp?StrID=urn:news ml:newswire.ca:20061102:C7628:1

Usual suspect

5th man on the 3rd planet...

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:-6yYJh5eEl0J:users.cyberone.com.a u/myers/perry.html+Rothschild+uranium&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10

...the above article paints Rothschild as having been 'persuaded' to join the conspiracy to help Israel defend against any more Hitlers. Truth is, Rothschild was instrumental in creating Israel, and the Holocaust a convenient stick with which to beat the West with. The Holocaust and 911 are very similar in that the mainstream just won't go there. This is because disproving either blows the game wide open.

http://www.vho.org/GB/Books/tfh/7.html

For the sake of closure to this post, might as well mention that Hilter himself was likely a Rothschild.

http://www.threeworldwars.com/world-war-2/adolf-hitler.htm

and the nuclear issue is certainly germane to a post about solar (ie nuclear) - powered global warming Cool

Nice post rodin, you heretic you!!! the car exhaust fume brigade are warming up their trumpets and bugles this very moment, but,but,but, its the car exhaust fumes going into space and polluting mars,venus,pluto etc etc thats causing them to warm up, so we will have to pay even more eco tax to reduce the eco damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: